Travel To The Final

Honest Saints Fan

Will there be enough Buses to get everyone from Perth to the Final

Barrossa 10 Buses booked  not taking any further bookings

ST Johnstone  seemingly have 15 Buses but know information  as yet. Probably full  

NEED 3 SEATS ANYONE PUT ME IN TOUCH WITH ANYONE RUNNING BUSES FAE PERTH ON THE DAY. 

The club haven't actually said anything publicly about buses yet, have they? I'd have thought that surely they'll put on loads of buses from McDiarmid and won't just leave it to the supporters clubs to sort out on their own?

I guess there could be an issue with the fact that Saints and Dundee Utd will both be looking to use the same bus companies and there will only be so many buses to go round. Plus United were in the final a day before us so had a head-start on booking them... the swines!

The club haven't actually said anything publicly about buses yet, have they? I'd have thought that surely they'll put on loads of buses from McDiarmid and won't just leave it to the supporters clubs to sort out on their own?

I guess there could be an issue with the fact that Saints and Dundee Utd will both be looking to use the same bus companies and there will only be so many buses to go round. Plus United were in the final a day before us so had a head-start on booking them... the swines!

I believe there are a load of buses no longer required and all available for hire in the Aberdeen area....

Brittish Rail said they were going to organise something but I don`t know what.

scotrail meeting with both clubs to see about running football special trains via an alternative route

fife mp liz smith asked at scottish parliament if network rail could postpone engineering works for one day to allow thousands of fans to journey to glasgow

The further you go to try to obtain a bus the more expensive it becomes .

E.G. Not all of the Barossa buses are coming from the same Area/company and the price of a bus varies .

There is over £200 difference between the cheapest Bus and the dearest bus .

No doubt the cost will be averaged out , resulting in each person paying more than they normally would .

(Just my personal opinion )

Edited by HOODLUM65

re cost of buses ... rennies of dunfermline(01383 620600) had a 24 seater yesterday for £360  know a bus from aberdeen 54 seater was priced at £1300 !!!  I was lucky and managed to get a 70 seater for £750  know of united fans with buses booked from as far afield as edinburgh and glasgow. Wasnae enough buses in the area for oor semi at Ibroke so the final was always going to be a problem whoever we faced.. The train thing has compounded matters I think. WOMSAC Shed Rule

Self drive 17 seater from Fri to Mon £252 + £500 refundable deposit + fuel .last one in available in Scotland they said make your mind up now or loose it, coming up from Newcastle one of 5,

The efforts being made by our overseas fans makes this sound trivial so it is booked, It will do for the Sunday parade as well I suppose. 

Stu are you guys still finding Busses available to book ? struggling in Perthshire, the Dundee bias gloags/souters seem to be  not interested in hiring their vast amount of busses out on the 17th may. If we are to take Perthshire to the final, who the Hell will be looking for a bus in Stanley ,Bankfoot, The high street, south street, Letham, Tulloch if we are all at the final.

Edinburgh saints now organising 3rd bus, look at the post in the edinburgh saints section of this site for more info.

On a estimate in our wee area of the main stand , 6 season ticket holders ( My mum and dad are no going both 87 and think they will no make it back if they go but will be able to handle it in their house watching the TV ) we have 52 going in two separate  buses. I Make that about a 8 :1 ratio in our bit in the stand of Glory hunters :laugh:

If all season ticket holders could manage that Ratio that would work out at 16,000 going  to the final. 

NB.  None of our Glory Hunters go regularly to the games .