Cup Final Starting Line-Up

LondonSuperJ

So with three days to go what do people think will be the starting line-up for the final?

I reckon the following:

Mannus

McKay                Anderson                      Wright               Easton

Millar                            Dunne

Croft                             Wotherspoon                       May

McLean

Subs:

Banks

Clancy

Cregg

O'Halloran

Hasselbaink

Went for Croft over O'Halloran or Hasselbaink as I think a bit of experience to start with pace and audacity coming off the bench when it gets tired in the second half!

I would happily see a front four out of Croft, Hasselbaink, McLean, O'Halloran, Wotherspoon and May and wont grumble whatever four he chooses. I will trust TW to make the correct selection. 

Actually when you see the 6 of them written down they are arguably among the best front 6 squad selection in the SPFL. One or two individuals I  might swap but as a collective just fantastic. 

O'Halloran HAS to start.  I dreamt that he scored a 30 yarder in the 2nd minute last night.  Top left hand corner.

Oh baby :P

I would agree with your line up but O'Halloran has to start. I would start midge over padge though as i have a horrible feeling padge will get too excited and throw in one of his mental tackles and get red carded before i have sat down.

Decent team, but O'Halloran is an absolutely shoe in to the start this match.  

Croft will start on the bench,  only position up for debate is central midfield,  Chrissy Millar or Padge Cregg, that is the only decision Tommy Wright has.

Copy this Kojak. O' Halloran is nailed on for me and the only decision is Millar or Cregg; I think Millar but they will all play a part.

Will be very surprised if it's different from the semi final line up, only doubt over Millar/Cregg but Millar will probably start.

Mannus

Mackay-Ando-Wright-Easton

Spoony-Dunne-Millar

O'Halloran

May-Macca

Subs:Banks-Cregg-Clancy-Iwelumo-Nigel-Croft-Miller

McDonald possibly on bench but I don't know who in place for, probably Iwelumo

I'm not a McDonald hater, my sole observation is while he was out injured we went on a 7 game unbeaten run. Since he came back we haven't won in four (although with the caveat of two very reputable draws). Although correlation doesn't necessarily mean causality, it's still good enough for me!

Despite this I would still take 9 games of the last 11 unbeaten as good form going into the final.

Mannus

Mackay Anderson Wright Easton

Millar Dunne

Wotherspoon O'Halloran May

Maclean

Those 11 players. The front 4 are versatile and clever enough to interchange and I think all 4 link really well together.

The only change I might be tempted to make from that would be Croft for O'Halloran. Croft doesn't influence games off the bench, O'Halloran does. It would be harsh to drop him using that thought process, but that might be what happens.

Regardless of all that, having 9 of those 11 (and 10 of 12 when mentioning Croft) signed up for next season gives me hope that we can keeping being successful.

LondonSuperJ said

"Went for Croft over O'Halloran or Hasselbaink as I think a bit of experience to start with pace and audacity coming off the bench when it gets tired in the second half!"

Kyle stated

"The only change I might be tempted to make from that would be Croft for O'Halloran. Croft doesn't influence games off the bench, O'Halloran does. It would be harsh to drop him using that thought process, but that might be what happens."

I will never understand why a manager would not play his strongest team from the start. Ronaldo and Messi influence games when they come of the bench but they also influence games for 90 mins (ok he is neither of them but you get my point). Why drop him because of Crofts inadequacies ie he does not influence games off the bench. When you talk of experience O'Halloran has the experience of a Championship play off at Wembly and taking a penalty kick in front of over 60.000 and scored (he has the bottle). Which leads onto my nest point who should take a penalty if we are awarded one.

Hello, ex-Perth Stoke fan here again.

Just wanted to wish you all the very best for the game on Saturday, hope you win and you all have the day and night to end all parties! I'll be keeping a close eye on the result and hoping for the right outcome.

How many of you will be going through? I hope you've sold out your end and make a racket to do the old town proud. Not sure what you all think of Charlie Adam being an ex-***, but I wish you all the enjoyment of the mental I had at the Hawthorns last Sunday after his last minute winner. Picture Stevie May in place of Adam in the pic below!

COYS

article-2625487-1DC0657E00000578-413_634

LondonSuperJ said

"Went for Croft over O'Halloran or Hasselbaink as I think a bit of experience to start with pace and audacity coming off the bench when it gets tired in the second half!"

Kyle stated

"The only change I might be tempted to make from that would be Croft for O'Halloran. Croft doesn't influence games off the bench, O'Halloran does. It would be harsh to drop him using that thought process, but that might be what happens."

I will never understand why a manager would not play his strongest team from the start. Ronaldo and Messi influence games when they come of the bench but they also influence games for 90 mins (ok he is neither of them but you get my point). Why drop him because of Crofts inadequacies ie he does not influence games off the bench. When you talk of experience O'Halloran has the experience of a Championship play off at Wembly and taking a penalty kick in front of over 60.000 and scored (he has the bottle). Which leads onto my nest point who should take a penalty if we are awarded one.

Found the shoot out on you tube did not realise it was so dramatic

O'Halloran has the ability to get the other side of the opposition midfield through his willingness to drive forward into space, with his pace getting him away from the opposition midfield. That is what then provides an opportunity for May / MacLean or the wider players to make runs into space and get balls to their feet.

We have lacked a midfielder like that for a long time.

O'Halloran HAS to start imo

Agree Mickey O is a definite.  He has great pace and ability to drive at players and has been outstanding the past few weeks.  He used to play for Celtic, his Dads a youth coach there, it will feel that bit extra special at this venue for him. 

Croft is superb, puts a great shift in and delivers a great ball, but was unfortunate at the timing of his injury before the semi final as the other 2 wide players have just pulled ahead.

Wouldn't mind who starts out of Paddy and Midge, but would probably go for Paddy as he's looked really good against Utd last month, and against Celtic last week.  Would say hes slightly calmer and more reliable in possession.  Either way, both will do a turn for the team.