Season Tickets

Kyle

I've got it ! It has just come to me ! An epiphany !

There's no details due to the fact that as a gesture of goodwill by the club to all the support from the fans over the years and to mark the historic occasion of winning the THE SCOTTISH CUP entry to all the games is free :laugh: 

Surely that's the only reasonable explanation ! 

To add to my annoyance, the details of Accies' season tickets have been released today, even though they don't go on sale until the 16th of June.

I think that's us last again, even though we've probably got the most to gain in terms of new ticket holders.

Very disappointing.

It's been a week since they said it was only days away from the packs being sent out, not even an update on the website, Facebook or Twitter to let everyone know what's happening.

Can't say I'm surprised, it's the same every year, last out with strips, season tickets etc but surely this was the year to get it right.

The chance of extra season tickets sold is probably getting less and less with every day that goes by.

Maybe , just maybe , the staff at St Johnstone wanted to enjoy the parade and take part in the party atmosphere .

If you are going to buy a season ticket , guess what ? You will buy a season ticket . Another melodrama on WAP , fun fun fun .

Have you actually read any of the thread? No one is having a go at the staff, no one is necessarily expecting the physical forms to come out. What I want (and several others) is details of the new season tickets and a downloadable form on the website. It may have escaped your notice, but we're closing in on it being 2 weeks since we won the cup and the parade. Over 40,000 people attended the events over the two days and Perth was buzzing for Saints. If we had the season ticket details ready and had made them available, we could have taken advantage of this to boost the numbers on the back of that amazing weekend. Now that the buzz is dying down, so will people's enthusiasm to buy season tickets.

All it takes is for someone to put a message on the website, on facebook, on twitter and to upload the form, which is apparently ready to go. We are just waiting on them coming back from the printers to send them out to the current season ticket holders. It would've taken someone 5 minutes to post a message on the website. It's hardly an unreasonable request. I know it might not have been easy to maintain the level of interaction as we experienced during the final build up, but this feels like a dropped ball to me.

Maybe , just maybe , the staff at St Johnstone wanted to enjoy the parade and take part in the party atmosphere .

If you are going to buy a season ticket , guess what ? You will buy a season ticket . Another melodrama on WAP , fun fun fun .

Hardly a way to run a business?

I was going too but not now, but hey oh it's just a melodrama on WAP. It's not as if it'll effect the club if they lose money!

I agree. We had to build on cup final fever.

I was adamant I wouldn't buy a cup final top, but on the Sunday of the trophy parade I went and bought one. Who knows how many people would have taken a flyer, given contact details or commiteed to buying a season ticket if someone was in the town centre that day. People that have never had a season ticket may have been persuaded by the buzz in the town and might not be now. To be the last club in the Premiership (probably the whole SPFL) to announce details.is very amateur. If Brown complains about lack.of uptake he only his himself to blame.

Whilst I agree with Andy Rhodes, that this forum does have a knee jerk reaction to these kinds of things, this does feel like a bit of an own goal here. For me, we (the board) had to decide what would happen if we won the cup (prices, printers, dates, who does what etc) and what would happen if we didn't.

This is all basic stuff for a business and could have been decided over a couple of days between the semi final and the final.

Erm, yes, they probably did want to enjoy the parade etc, but that was a week past Sunday. We have all had to work since then, so I'd assume that they would have.

Your right, if folk who are know that they will buy a season ticket anyway, they will do, but the point is that there was an opportunity to catch fans who normally wouldn't while they were still caught up in the hype about saints and let their heart rule their head a bit. To me that chance has diminished and does so with each day.

If and when there is moaning about any lack of increases in season tickets, then hopefully the club will look inward and think what they could do better next season.

The club did fantastic in the build up to the final, but this kind of feels like back to the saints of old.

If the hold up is getting prints back from the printers for the mail shots then that is fair enough, but still doesn't stop the club putting it on the website etc. if its gone to the printers, then all the details are known and therefore won't change.

Edited by TheYellowBox

Just playing devils advocate slightly. However, might the club have been waiting to see the outcome of the play-off game and to see what if any effect that will have on the income to the club in the coming season before deciding on where to pitch the season ticket prices.

They may also be trying to arrange a decent 'pay as you go' price for those who can't afford to pay for the book up front with some sort of credit type company.

Just playing devils advocate slightly. However, might the club have been waiting to see the outcome of the play-off game and to see what if any effect that will have on the income to the club in the coming season before deciding on where to pitch the season ticket prices.

They may also be trying to arrange a decent 'pay as you go' price for those who can't afford to pay for the book up front with some sort of credit type company.

I thought similar. Great Dundee coming up. Guaranteed Steve Brown was not looking forward to Hibs going down and Hamilton up though.

Absolute backwards marketing yet again....

No continous flow of this magnificent season yet another failure in getting more bums on seats, why oh why they haven,t set up a town center kiosk for season tickets I dont know. Last year was a typical made it to europe and they stuck a few posters round the ground...Roddy is a legend and is a great ambassoder but by far he is no where near a general manager..Clueless...

Absolute backwards marketing yet again....

No continous flow of this magnificent season yet another failure in getting more bums on seats, why oh why they haven,t set up a town center kiosk for season tickets I dont know. Last year was a typical made it to europe and they stuck a few posters round the ground...Roddy is a legend and is a great ambassoder but by far he is no where near a general manager..Clueless...

Agree. I think most of the ideas to promote the final came from WAP. Hate to think what would have happened without this site.