The World Cup

Abernethy Saint

Holland deserved to win that, but it's always sad to see a keeper play that well and then lose two late goals he didn't have a hope of getting too.

Saying that, he saved two that he didn't have a hope of getting too as well!! (One was offside though)

Yeah he was good, great reflexes.

----------------------------------------------

agreed, great country, good people also... regular holiday spot for us also

It does look a great place and peaceful with substantial conservation investments which is paying off, no armed forces and a Pacific coast and a Carribean coast 310 miles apart. It seems a long time ago since they beat us 1-0 in Italy but this is a much better team. Well done the Costa.

This World Cup is so good in terms of competition, something most people want the most, and as a result it's incredibly difficult to predict a result. I've given up.

It looks like the greatest season ever with the greatest World Cup and Saonts winning the Scottish Cup. Generally speaking it does look as if we're moving back to a more attacking/offensive era in world football (like it used to be) and the Americas are leading. I hope that continues.

I think Colombia are going to win.

I certainly think they have the beating of Brazil.

I am waiting to see how Germany and Argentina look in their last 16 games.

A big factor in whether Columbia go all the way for me is, if they come up against Germany or Holland, the time of day the game is played and the temperature. Holland yesterday had to adopt a very different game plan than normal due to the heat, and that almost done for them. Holland on a cooler evening are a different team