Yes Or Naw?

rik2304

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Successive Governments down South have frittered away massive revenue from the Scottish sector of the North Sea , an industry that should have been mainly state owned like Norway.

The only reason the Labour Party are for a NO vote is to protect there percentage of Parliament seats from Scottish MPs in Westminster , nothing else because they know if they lose them the Tories will be very hard to oust at any election.

I work with lads from all over the UK and the ones from Liverpool, Manchester, Middlesbrough , Newcastle, Hull and parts of Wales are no different from myself, fed up of everything being centred on London and the Home Counties.

I know what I will be voting for and it's not what I would have a couple of years ago, it's strange how your Polical thinking changes as you get older, whatever the outcome I hope it turns out to be the right decision

You're a bit out of date now I think, last YouGov poll shows:

Gender divide - no significant difference now

Age divide - over 60s massively No

Cultural/Race divide - 46% of people born outside of UK saying Yes, I understood that Scots-born Asians are significantly pro-Yes, need to find figures

Class divide - as you say

Could somebody on here tell me in the event of a yes vote what is happening to the railway ? Cause nobody in the town on the yes stand could tell me .

Not to sure what you mean?

The Scottish government already have control of our railway, with exception to cross border journeys, all money from that currently goes to Westminster but if a yes vote that will be re-negotiated as it's in the best interest for both country's to continue operating

Not to sure what you mean?

The Scottish government already have control of our railway, with exception to cross border journeys, all money from that currently goes to Westminster but if a yes vote that will be re-negotiated as it's in the best interest for both country's to continue operating

It would be your right , but the cross border thing is what gets me as with the imagration policy of the yes camp being a lot more lenient than that of Westminster , shall we have border controls in place ?

It would be your right , but the cross border thing is what gets me as with the imagration policy of the yes camp being a lot more lenient than that of Westminster , shall we have border controls in place ?

It would just be the same as going between Ireland and Northern Ireland just now and no different than what we have now.

I'd imagine it would be similar as using the Euro Star now. Passports get checked before boarding the train. I don't think it'll cause much issue tbh.

Who ever advised David Cameron to start swearing during his press conference wants the sack. I just found it very insulting. I am not against swearing and will in fact swear as much as anyone in the right situation. A press conference given by the Prime Minister is not that situation.The whole better together argument seems to be crumbling.

Don't see it myself. Conduct on both sides of the debate has been excellent with only the Unionist press and Jim Murphy in particular trying to paint a different picture. I think their evidence boils down to one egg.(Pun intended)

Note that you opportunistically went for the No jugular when I recall that JK Rowling was slaughtered verbally for her early comments in favour of staying together.

I went for the jugular? Look at my quote above. I praise both sides conduct. I merely point out that the Unionist press and Jim Murphy have tried to create a very different picture. There are incidents of abuse on the BOTH sides but they have been very much in the minority.

Some of the rubbish that the likes of the Mail have printed have been appalling. 

The media bias on reporting incorrect information concerning pensions has really driven a few older folks to no votes. The media have failed during this debate.

The state controlled media have done their job admirably in spreading Project Fear. The over-65s are the age group with generally the least access to the internet and the only age group who believe anything the BBC tells them. it was obvious any pish and scaremongering would be aimed at them because they couldnt debunk it. All my copies of The Wee Blue Book have gone to pensioners.