Yes Or Naw?

rik2304

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The state controlled media have done their job admirably in spreading Project Fear. The over-65s are the age group with generally the least access to the internet and the only age group who believe anything the BBC tells them. it was obvious any pish and scaremongering would be aimed at them because they couldnt debunk it. All my copies of The Wee Blue Book have gone to pensioners.

Totally agree. Regardless of next Thursday's vote Scotland badly needs it's own broadcaster which sees the world from a Scottish viewpoint and presents news in a fair and balanced way, 

As an example,of BBC reporting, the name Ian Wood is trotted out ad nausea . A man who has conveniently changed his story in recent months over oil reserves in the North Sea. Other experts are aviailable (eg Prof Kemp an oil economist) but the BBC rarely mentions them.

The state controlled media have done their job admirably in spreading Project Fear. The over-65s are the age group with generally the least access to the internet and the only age group who believe anything the BBC tells them. it was obvious any pish and scaremongering would be aimed at them because they couldnt debunk it. All my copies of The Wee Blue Book have gone to pensioners.

You aint seen nothing yet. Just wait to see whats in next Tuesday & Wednesday papers. They will scare the shit out of those that are not sure.

You stated "All the English." I wsa quoting you.

My wife is from Hampshire FFS.

I was a no voter until a few weeks ago. The more I read, the more It seems that better together is so only for England.

There is a genuine fear of losing Scottish wealth, the same was probably true for places such as India, Australia, half of Africa etc.

Lucky girl.

Read the sentence that included these 3 words Pat McGroin and reflect on what I meant.

The yes campaign looks like it is going to win the day. I don't think it's a good idea but don't share the opinion of some down here that 'you made your bed etc" as we all still have to live together on the same island. You are saying Yes and you are saying Yes to Salmond and whether you like it or not he will be the man in charge. When the election comes along the country will have 1 party with no opposition as Labour is fecked. What's that called again..............?

WOW what a debate and we are all getting sucked in to an argument about this and that -nothing is coming across as being crystal clear - there is shite being spoken on both sides and "promises" being made at this late hour.

HAD Cameron agreed to a 2 x Question vote pretty sure most Scots and those non-Scots living in Scotland would have gone down the Devo-Max road ---Which the 3 unwise bum boys from Westminster appear to be suggesting as the Polls or at least one of the Polls suggested the YES campaign was either neck/neck or had jumped ahead.

Polls can go up and down and NOTHING will become clear until the count has been carried out -Checked time after time to keep us all on tenta-hooks before the actual verdict.

Next week cannot come quickly enough for me ALTHOUGH the subject will loom on and off for Months -Years etc etc

Lucky girl.

Read the sentence that included these 3 words Pat McGroin and reflect on what I meant.

The yes campaign looks like it is going to win the day. I don't think it's a good idea but don't share the opinion of some down here that 'you made your bed etc" as we all still have to live together on the same island. You are saying Yes and you are saying Yes to Salmond and whether you like it or not he will be the man in charge. When the election comes along the country will have 1 party with no opposition as Labour is fecked. What's that called again..............?

It won't have one party and it's called democracy.

Ed Milliband and blind rubbish go hand in hand, below from Ricky Ross:

Overheard from reporter at Cameron event a.m....'the games up, everyone knows it, it's going to be Yes, the surge is irresistible'. #indyref

I believe so. It's the way of the world. Like it or not, people jump on bandwagons. If Yes is rising dramatically, those swithering will think that the people voting Yes must know what they're talking about and follow suit.

It won't have one party and it's called democracy.

Agreed. In general elections in Scotland there is one party. Labour.

Bring that down to a national level with different policies all solely aimed at Scotland and you'll have people voting for many different parties.

The biggest problem now is the complete lack of trust in the Silver Spooned Westminster politicians

Edited by Pat McGroin

Scotland needs skilled migrants. Pretty much everyone agrees. However to suggest we wouldn't have proper immigration controls is crazy. 

Scotland needs skilled Scottish people first, train up our school leavers and stop relying on foreign labour , as for the pretty much everyone agrees, absolute bolllocks mate.

That was my origanal point about going on trains over the border .

Sorry, I'm confused... Is your query about trains or the immigration policy of rUK or the immigration policy of iScotland?

Unless Scotland as a member of the EU signed up to Schengen we would be a fairly unappealing route to try to access rUK from - far too long and too many opportunities to be caught. Any illegals to make it into Scotland would be more likely to cross the border on foot so I don't see where the train thing comes in at all. If rUK wants to police their side, that's something for them to decide. I doubt very much if we would do the same on ours.

If we join the EU (or EFTA for that matter), we can't stop migrants from other EEA countries (EU and EFTA) from coming to Scotland through freedom of movement. For those countries outwith the EEA I believe a points-based system (like Australia etc) is to be used to regulate immigration.

Sorry, I'm confused... Is your query about trains or the immigration policy of rUK or the immigration policy of iScotland?

Unless Scotland as a member of the EU signed up to Schengen we would be a fairly unappealing route to try to access rUK from - far too long and too many opportunities to be caught. Any illegals to make it into Scotland would be more likely to cross the border on foot so I don't see where the train thing comes in at all. If rUK wants to police their side, that's something for them to decide. I doubt very much if we would do the same on ours.

If we join the EU (or EFTA for that matter), we can't stop migrants from other EEA countries (EU and EFTA) from coming to Scotland through freedom of movement. For those countries outwith the EEA I believe a points-based system (like Australia etc) is to be used to regulate immigration.

Go back a page and read what I was getting at , I canny be arsed going through it all again.

You aint seen nothing yet. Just wait to see whats in next Tuesday & Wednesday papers. They will scare the shit out of those that are not sure.

Absolutely. Thought they'd have left "capital flight" until then to be honest, because sooner or later one of the hacks might ask the question, "But as independence isn't going to happen until 2016, Scotland is still currently part of the UK, so what's the rush? And, isn't there going to be capital flight from rUK too as it's losing 10% of it's economy, 90% of it's receipts from oil and gas, it needs to import energy from Scotland to keep the lights on, etc etc"

Maybe I'm stupidly expecting the MSM to be capable of independent thought though.

I'm looking forward to being told the world is flat, we'll all be afflicted by boils or plagues of locusts, and the sky will fall on our heads on Thursday. Or they might just try Russia / ISIS / the Americans / Martians are about to invade, and of course to face up to them, we're "better together".

It would be your right , but the cross border thing is what gets me as with the imagration policy of the yes camp being a lot more lenient than that of Westminster , shall we have border controls in place ?

Is this it then?

Assuming it is, the only big difference between immigration policy of the two relates to non-EU graduates from Scottish universities. At present they are kicked out of the country as soon as they are finished, but what is being proposed I believe is that these graduates are allowed to remain in Scotland to work for a period afterwards - I think it's 5 years. Graduates are not your run-of-the-mill illegals, and this is a story kicked up by The Daily Mail. Say no more.

As for border controls, if both iScotland and rUK are in the EU or iScotland joins EFTA (preferable IMO), there would be no need for border controls as free movement is guaranteed. If rUK subsequently left the EU (and didn't join EFTA) there would of course be passport control at the crossings, both land and at the ferry to Northern Ireland. In such a case Anglo-Scottish trains would most likely have passport checks at their last stop before the border as used to happen in Europe. rUK might want border patrols on their side, but it would be hugely expensive and would be up to them to implement and fund. Alternatively they could just dig a moat - I'm sure Farage would be up for that.

Any move to put border controls in place, could actually be beneficial to Scottish ports and could see freight to the continent leaving on ferries from Leith or Rosyth or maybe even Dundee to by-pass any hold-ups if rUK gets arsey. This would also take a proportion of heavy traffic off the roads

At the end of the day, common-sense will prevail.

Edited by Denzil

If they do, then they can stop using Scotland in their name.

Btw, they used this same scare tactic during the devolution campaign as did Standard Life and many other companies who are doing so now. They ALL stayed in Scotland.

Shambles of a company since the let that clown Goodwin get near it, no sad loss, apart for the normal folk that work for them and not the pigs with their noses in the trough in the boardroom, but won't happen just scaremongering.

Also thought it was state owned so how come they can make a annoucement like this a week before the vote

Shambles of a company since the let that clown Goodwin get near it, no sad loss, apart for the normal folk that work for them and not the pigs with their noses in the trough in the boardroom, but won't happen just scaremongering.

Also thought it was state owned so how come they can make a annoucement like this a week before the vote

That is why. They are more or less state owned & have been told to by Osborne.

RBS to move head office to London if its a YES.

Is it not just their registered address they are moving?

Standard Life just spent millions doing up their offices and does the statment even mention jobs? It looks more like the funds that would be shifted.

Been wanting to close my RBS account for quite a while now, they may finally have pushed me over the edge.