Yes Or Naw?

rik2304

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It may well turn out that way, but I do have some high hopes, because despite the massive media imbalance towards the No side - and I'm referring to the papers as much as the TV - the Yes vote, as yet, remains substantial. So there is clearly a body of people who have indicated they no longer unquestioningly believe what they're being told by the TV and newspapers. That's hopefully going to be a positive whatever the result, because if papers want to survive, they can no longer take the suggestibility of their readership for granted.

On the TV side, our own Stuart Cosgrove seems to be 

Newsnet Scotland have an article on RBS and have started a petition regarding a Scottish desire for it's own broadcaster. Have just signed up. Would provide a link but sadly don't know how to this on my tablet (old codger dyndrome)

Don't believe a WORD that comes out of his mouth or his gobby sidekick Sturgeon.

But as others have pointed out to me, you are voting for Independance not for these two.

So far so good, agree with their views.

There will be others in their positions when they are long gone.

However, I am a great believer in the saying " you reap what you sow".

Which brings me to the conclusion, I would not trust either of the two aforementioned to sow my future or that of my children.

THEREFORE, IT'S A BIG "NO" from me.

Don't believe a WORD that comes out of his mouth or his gobby sidekick Sturgeon.

But as others have pointed out to me, you are voting for Independance not for these two.

Which brings me to the conclusion, I would not trust either of the two aforementioned to sow my future or that of my children.

Hoodlum since we first spoke on the subject of Willie Hodgson and Joe Carr I thought you were a sensible guy.  I am pleased to say you have just proved I was right.

Interested to know why you would presumably trust Cameron ,Darling,Brown etc before Salmond and Sturgeon.

Hoodlum since we first spoke on the subject of Willie Hodgson and Joe Carr I thought you were a sensible guy. I am pleased to say you have just proved I was right.

Thought after the build up, you were gonna put the boot in.

Just goes to show how things pan out.

By the way, you have a good memory.

The answers NAW. Make sure you vote ha ha.

Scotland must be the only country in the world who can't govern themselves. It's the typical defeatist attitude of a Scottish person. Me, I can't think of anyone better than the Scottish people governing themselves. I am so confident of successful it would be rather being told what to do by Westminster, That's what this vote is about for me. Not Salmond, Sturgeon, Cameron, Milliband or Clegg. In 50 years time, if I have grandchildren, they probably won't have a clue who any of these people are.

Should Scotland be an independent country? How anyone can say no to that is beyond me.

Interested to know why you would presumably trust Cameron ,Darling,Brown etc before Salmond and Sturgeon.

Never hinted or said that I trust any of them BEFORE Salmond or Sturgeon.

Don't know how you managed to deduce that from my post?

For the record, I mistrust them equally.

The British Isles is sadly devoid of polititions that can be trusted.

Much like heads of Banks, Football clubs etc.

Everyone is in it for their own benefit.

Hope that answers your point.

Never hinted or said that I trust any of them BEFORE Salmond or Sturgeon.

Don't know how you managed to deduce that from my post?

For the record, I mistrust them equally.

The British Isles is sadly devoid of polititions that can be trusted.

Much like heads of Banks, Football clubs etc.

Everyone is in it for their own benefit.

Hope that answers your point.

How can you then vote No if you mistrust them equally. Surely your logic would make you a don't know?

Has anybody actually stopped and had a wee thought that these "scaremongering" stories may be true? The harsh reality of it all is we don't actually know either way. Why thrust ourselves into the great unknown and if it did go tits up be totally ****ed with no way back

Edited by saintee4life

latest scare story. Stamps will cost 80p in an independent Scotland. Well as I only send a letter about once a week max` I could probably live with that even if it was true.

Anyone think of anything else they can come up with before Thursday ?.

That's an old one - they're running out of scare stories. The £300 TV licence is my favourite. I expect them to wheel out more multi-nationals before Thursday, the same multi-nationals who operate over numerous borders without the slightest problem. We're immune to all that shite now, but I expect the BBC to move up into hysteria mode nonetheless.

Has anybody actually stopped and had a wee thought that these "scaremongering" stories may be true? The harsh reality of it all is we don't actually know either way. Why thrust ourselves into the great unknown and if it did go tits up be totally ****ed with no way back

True, but if we'd never taken a risk or thrust ourselves into the unknown, we'd still assume the world was flat.

The scaremongering is easy to debunk, as are the lies, by simply using Google. There's a world of completely impartial information out there without Yes or Naw spin attached. What you're seeing now is state-sponsored intimidation. In the eyes of the state, those of us who set out to debunk and expose lies are guilty of "thoughtcrimes", and that's a badge I'm proud to wear next to my "cybernat" one.

Life is one big risk. Embrace the fear, it's the only way you'll overcome it.

*Note to self: put the last paragraph in the manifesto ;)

I'm surprised ANY country is able to function independently tbh since its so scary and fraught with dangers like dearer stamps.

Clearly, we in Scotland are all so naïve and childlike that we will all be dead due to deep fried Mars Bars overdoses in a matter of months should we self-govern. Or perhaps Donald Trump will turn all of Scotland into a golf course.

Thats the chance you have to make and really its down to what you feel comfortable with 

A government that gives you "stuff" from Westminster OR a government that will give you "stuff" from Scotland.

It wont be easy one way or the other -Mortgages and Interest rates which will have a knock on effect to prices that you pay will come from Westminster as well -its the times we live in.

YOU DECIDE whats right.

I'm surprised ANY country is able to function independently tbh since its so scary and fraught with dangers like dearer stamps.

Clearly, we in Scotland are all so naïve and childlike that we will all be dead due to deep fried Mars Bars overdoses in a matter of months should we self-govern. Or perhaps Donald Trump will turn all of Scotland into a golf course.

If there is a Yes vote next week it will be a narrow one.  You can pour scorn on people like me who are not keen on "thrusting into the unknown" as much as you wish but has it ever occurred to you that it might be difficult to launch a successful new country where half the population were against the very concept?  When countries like Norway, Iceland, Slovakia, Ireland, The Czech Republic to name but a few, became independant they had almost 100% of their populations in favour at the point of separation.  Here we have the Yes side claiming intimidation but who is threatening retribution come the day, who has lists of companies, banks etc to be boycotted (see various posts above) whose supporters are saying they will never buy certain newspapers again?  It does not bode well!

If there is a Yes vote next week it will be a narrow one. You can pour scorn on people like me who are not keen on "thrusting into the unknown" as much as you wish but has it ever occurred to you that it might be difficult to launch a successful new country where half the population were against the very concept? When countries like Norway, Iceland, Slovakia, Ireland, The Czech Republic to name but a few, became independant they had almost 100% of their populations in favour at the point of separation. Here we have the Yes side claiming intimidation but who is threatening retribution come the day, who has lists of companies, banks etc to be boycotted (see various posts above) whose supporters are saying they will never buy certain newspapers again? It does not bode well!

well said

If there is a Yes vote next week it will be a narrow one.  You can pour scorn on people like me who are not keen on "thrusting into the unknown" as much as you wish but has it ever occurred to you that it might be difficult to launch a successful new country where half the population were against the very concept?  When countries like Norway, Iceland, Slovakia, Ireland, The Czech Republic to name but a few, became independant they had almost 100% of their populations in favour at the point of separation.  Here we have the Yes side claiming intimidation but who is threatening retribution come the day, who has lists of companies, banks etc to be boycotted (see various posts above) whose supporters are saying they will never buy certain newspapers again?  It does not bode well!

Lets see what transpires in Edinburgh today.

Well perhaps not. The guy could be a dozy moron and not realise that:

(1) only £85,000 of his investment is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme in any case, so by storing £200k in a single bank, he risks losing more than half of that sum if the bank fails. And surely that couldn’t happen under our great Union?

(2) given that we wouldn’t be independent until 2016 in any case, walking out of a bank with £200k cash on a single day is a bizarre move that would certainly cost a fair whack in lost interest due to short-notice withdrawal - and if he's storing it in some sort of tax-free scheme or bond he's just permanently lost those benefits.

(3) Compensation cover is likely to be just the same as it was before in the event of independence:

But people who manage to save £200k generally aren’t morons. They’re canny and don’t use their money to make petty political points. So, yes, on balance, I think that story was fabricated. Keep spreading fear, though.

Thanks.

Saves me typing all that....

How can you then vote No if you mistrust them equally. Surely your logic would make you a don't know?

Dinny be silly, not going to sit on the fence as a don't know as you suggest.

This is too important to sit on the fence.

We all stand or fall by our choices throughout our lives.

So my vote is a NAW.

Edited by HOODLUM65