Weareperthbarossasaints Proposed Move

THE LARK SAINT

My Uncle John was a barman for many years at the Corrina, and at the Bee Bar before that. Back in the day, it could be an exciting place, and I never went there much because of that. What's it like nowadays?

Had my 50th there great night.

Still been known to have a beer in there returning from away games.

Beers good and cheaper than the club.

Some good live music night's as well, Angelic Upstarts Skababs RPG etc.

Barstaff know their job buff said.

The fact that this post has had 59 Views and only one reply,,,baffles me

It tells me how bottom of the list this massive and hugely important point The Lark has brought to everyones attention....

I for one who comes to Perth once a year always felt welcome by the members and enjoyed the banter and most importantly the similar interest of our beloved St Johnstone

Personally I think this is a no brainer for you all to move forward and enjoy a new setting for The saints Club to be at..It's not the place it's the supporters that make the club as long as they ensure good management and I stress a safe enviroment for families I see no reason that you should move....

Good luck

I think i made it clear that its time to move/.....

I don't think you did tbh. 

Been away from our Fair City for many years but pop back for the occasional game or 2 every season and just wanted to say that I thought the Corrina was a Hotel with a bar rather than a pub, or has it changed? Do recall it had some history though, back in the day.

Fwiw on the only occasions, 2 in total, that I went to Barossa Street, I thought it was a bit dingy and run down although there was a decent atmosphere.

Been away from our Fair City for many years but pop back for the occasional game or 2 every season and just wanted to say that I thought the Corrina was a Hotel with a bar rather than a pub, or has it changed? Do recall it had some history though, back in the day.

Fwiw on the only occasions, 2 in total, that I went to Barossa Street, I thought it was a bit dingy and run down although there was a decent atmosphere.

Decent atmosphere -The Scone boys must have arrived .

Back in the 60s deffo a Tic pub.

Is it not a bit of a shame not to use a 'Saints club'......I am only in rarely to travel to the odd away game but I am sure match days must be a bit of a lifeline to what seems a quiet social club.

Not having a go at you Wendy but there in lies the problem People dont use it for whatever reason, times have changed and money wise people being more selective back in the day especially at weekends it was packed, but it was a Saints club run by Saints for Saints.

Not having a go at you Wendy but there in lies the problem People dont use it for whatever reason, times have changed and money wise people being more selective back in the day especially at weekends it was packed, but it was a Saints club run by Saints for Saints.

Very few clubs left in Perth & I think those that are struggle. New generation,new taste ?.

I was present at the meeting with Derek Petterson and Gav Stewart so can give a little more info to this discussion.

My involvement with the committee (WAP Barossa St) and not the main club committee, over many years is for one reason only.

To raise funds for St Johnstone and its Youth Development section.

It has been clear for some time now that there is a general dis-interest in the club, we have lost six committee members in the last 3 months, it should be noted that two are as a result of this PROPOSED relocation.

Moving on to what`s on offer from the Corrina, Derek Petterson is the current chairman of the St Johnstone Business club. He contacted us to ask if we would be interested in moving to his premises as HE wants to see a more thriving Saints members section for increasing both support and fundraising for St Johnstone, that's why he is doing this . Not only is Derek going to give us £1000.00 per annum he is also prepared to fund an away bus (currently £320.00). An important part of what he is offering is to also fully support our fundraising by having his own PR people assist us in advertising our fundraising events through his many businesses in Perth. It is fair to say that any additional input from someone as connected as him is a bonus that is not currently enjoyed at Barossa St. Derek has advised that he is happy to have the Corrina known as a Saints pub without any membership and would be happy to have Saints memorabilia put on the walls permanently. He has also intimated that IF the section relocates and things are going well he will consider a further donation to us to give to St Johnstone.

I have read some comments about turning round the fortunes of the Main Club committee at Barossa St by being elected to the main committee, perhaps the contributors who wrote these comments can tell us what THEY did in the past and what THEY are doing about this now?

I am not interested in getting involved in what`s gone on in the past in the Barossa Club, my interest is in the future by getting some new impetus to a section that has been reasonably successful in raising funds for St Johnstone,

Just to be clear I own my own business in Perth and have NO connection with Derek Petterson or any of his businesses.

I was present at the meeting with Derek Petterson and Gav Stewart so can give a little more info to this discussion.

My involvement with the committee (WAP Barossa St) and not the main club committee, over many years is for one reason only.

To raise funds for St Johnstone and its Youth Development section.

It has been clear for some time now that there is a general dis-interest in the club, we have lost six committee members in the last 3 months, it should be noted that two are as a result of this PROPOSED relocation.

Moving on to what`s on offer from the Corrina, Derek Petterson is the current chairman of the St Johnstone Business club. He contacted us to ask if we would be interested in moving to his premises as HE wants to see a more thriving Saints members section for increasing both support and fundraising for St Johnstone, that's why he is doing this . Not only is Derek going to give us £1000.00 per annum he is also prepared to fund an away bus (currently £320.00). An important part of what he is offering is to also fully support our fundraising by having his own PR people assist us in advertising our fundraising events through his many businesses in Perth. It is fair to say that any additional input from someone as connected as him is a bonus that is not currently enjoyed at Barossa St. Derek has advised that he is happy to have the Corrina known as a Saints pub without any membership and would be happy to have Saints memorabilia put on the walls permanently. He has also intimated that IF the section relocates and things are going well he will consider a further donation to us to give to St Johnstone.

I have read some comments about turning round the fortunes of the Main Club committee at Barossa St by being elected to the main committee, perhaps the contributors who wrote these comments can tell us what THEY did in the past and what THEY are doing about this now?

I am not interested in getting involved in what`s gone on in the past in the Barossa Club, my interest is in the future by getting some new impetus to a section that has been reasonably successful in raising funds for St Johnstone,

Just to be clear I own my own business in Perth and have NO connection with Derek Petterson or any of his businesses.

Yeah I was one of those you claim has resigned from this proposed move but not just for that reason -I did say we should have had someone else (other than Postie ) on the clubs committee to challenge the guy who everyone has been blaming for the clubs demise -I had hoped that someone more central to Perth would have taken that role on but that did not happen and now I see the last remaining Supporters club venue sadly going to the wall.

The decision correctly is down to the members and committee and hopefully it works out for you,