Christmas Lights Switch On

ancientsaint

Good to hear that in the UK you are still allowed to celebrate Christmas. I presume the X-mas tree in Perth is not too large too upset other religious groups, I recall some other towns and cities in the UK have been under pressure to ensure the tree isnt too large as it upsets other ethnic minorities.    

Good to hear that in the UK you are still allowed to celebrate Christmas. I presume the X-mas tree in Perth is not too large too upset other religious groups, I recall some other towns and cities in the UK have been under pressure to ensure the tree isnt too large as it upsets other ethnic minorities.

Oh,Athens. You old intolerant,sexist,tory,you.

For the athens fan who has everything..........

Whos up for chipping in to get his ultimate xmas present? cmon, you know he secretly love it....

https://metro.co.uk/2014/11/24/is-the-multi-faith-christmas-jumper-the-ultimate-feel-good-festive-knit-or-too-pc-for-its-own-good-4960653/

Good to hear that in the UK you are still allowed to celebrate Christmas. I presume the X-mas tree in Perth is not too large too upset other religious groups, I recall some other towns and cities in the UK have been under pressure to ensure the tree isnt too large as it upsets other ethnic minorities.    

I haven't heard about this. What's the gripe?

Examples like this make me feel slightly less bad for thinking they should **** off back to their own country if it's so offensive here.

entertainment Peter Andre et al to cost Perth Council £24,000!

Think I have to agree to fellow postees our wee club Saints could have turned the lights on!

They certainly pulled the crowds in on May 18th! Not much room to spare on the horse cross plaza then !?

I don't think Saints would cost £24,000?!

I heard that most of the costs are offset by sponsors .

I haven't heard about this. What's the gripe?

Probably because it never happened. It's the kind of guff that usually appears in the Daily Express/Daily mail.

Anyhoo, back on topic. Most folks i've spoken to since saturday said the same thing- the event was a bit of shambles but mostly good fun, and it was good to see the town so busy. By the sounds of it, we could really do with a city square to hold such events  :wink:

Examples like this make me feel slightly less bad for thinking they should **** off back to their own country if it's so offensive here.

What - you mean examples that are really vague, almost certainly bollocks and contain absolutely no specific details whatsoever?

Incidentally, you do realise that a lot of ethnic minorities and non-Christians living in the UK are already in "their own country"?

Every single incident of "I don't like this, it's too offensive compared to my own homeland/country/religious preference" should be handed a ticket to where-ever arbitary place wants to put up with their stupid beliefs.

3 options. 1. Be as accepting of other peoples views as is required. 2. Grow a thicker skin. 3. **** off somewhere else.

Every single incident of "I don't like this, it's too offensive compared to my own homeland/country/religious preference" should be handed a ticket to where-ever arbitary place wants to put up with their stupid beliefs.

3 options. 1. Be as accepting of other peoples views as is required. 2. Grow a thicker skin. 3. **** off somewhere else.

Who exactly do you think has been offended??

ME

In that case I guess you have three options:

1. Be accepting of other people's views as required.

2. Grow a thicker skin.

3. **** off somewhere else.

Maybe you'll get really lucky and someone will even hand you a ticket to whatever arbitrary place wants to put up with your stupid beliefs?

In that case I guess you have three options:

1. Be accepting of other people's views as required.

2. Grow a thicker skin.

3. **** off somewhere else.

Maybe you'll get really lucky and someone will even hand you a ticket to whatever arbitrary place wants to put up with your stupid beliefs?

I don't see how can you can call someones beliefs stupid when those beliefs basically consist of "I am tolerant of everyone except those being unreasonable retards".

Cheers for parroting my previous post though, that shows my thoughts are more worthy of transcript than your own ideation.

I don't see how can you can call someones beliefs stupid when those beliefs basically consist of "I am tolerant of everyone except those being unreasonable retards".

Cheers for parroting my previous post though, that shows my thoughts are more worthy of transcript than your own ideation.

Surely it's obvious that the reason I did that was to highlight the hypocrisy of your position.

- You call people's beliefs "stupid" and state that people should have to leave the country for having them - but then within the same post advise that people should be "accepting of other people's beliefs as required".

- You rant about people who get offended, but then when I asked you who has been offended, you told me it was yourself!

- You claim that your beliefs are basically about tolerance, yet you want people who disagree with you to "f**k off back to their own country."

Do you understand why your argument maybe comes across as a little inconsistent?

...also I'm interested to know who you propose gets to make the decision of which beliefs are OK, and which beliefs are those of "unreasonable retards". If it's my view that the latter applies to you, does that mean that you'll have to leave the country??

...also I'm interested to know who you propose gets to make the decision of which beliefs are OK, and which beliefs are those of "unreasonable retards". If it's my view that the latter applies to you, does that mean that you'll have to leave the country??

<troll>

cmon bh, give the guy a break. im sure what he meant by a difference in beliefs, are more likely to be those of dundonians, a weegie, or maybe the odd fifer.

"unreasonable retard" certainly sounds like a Dee to me ;)

</troll>

Right on cue a reactionary position from Athens...what a surprise, all part of our multicultural mid winter festival I suppose!