Tommy Campbell

Dave Ferg

Raised a smile with me anyway.  I think you need to have a little time away from the Internet Mr Saintee, you seem to be a very stressed out individual going by your posts today.

You obviously don't know me then, as I have said on previous posts I don't like injustices, if people don't like that, then that's there problem.

G Brown put money and service into the club over 30 years...... no one "allowed" to question anything they/he do[es].... [note; not knocking brown...dare I! #justaaying]

T Campbell put worklife, service, local representation into the club over 30 years........ but can GTF cos his contract was up.....according to some folk on here

He wasn't just the kitman, he played many roles at the club.....including, in many ways an ambassador for saints.....

Show some goodwill.... TC clearly didn't volunteer to go. And the job went to someone outside the local area, so that's one more on the perth unemployment stats!

I think it's sad to read TC is no longer at the club.

I know nothing about the situation but those are more or less my thoughts.

foreigners coming to our county, taking our jobs.

That's not what I said. So ram your strawman shite.

But seen as you are so politically minded.....let's it be said I support local jobs for local folk, with younger, cheaper (or more productive) not a just replacement for age, experience and service.

We can ALL be replaced with a younger, more dynamic version of ourselves at our work........is that how you want to live?

Yes and it doesn't matter where in the world they come from.

---------------------- It matters, yes. A local club, not seeking a locally based person for the community backed business..... does matter. Would be cool to have more locals from home grown players right through to kit men.....

Save your liberal political correct guff around this, as i am quite explicit: local team and club, limited company should try to recruit locally.........and show loyalty in the manner that 1000s of WAP members show to SJFC.

Sometimes SJFC are not value for money, but you pay them anyhow.........................maybe the staff with 30+ service should have the same deference.

Edited by MySpazz

Would be cool to have more locals from home grown players right through to kit men.....

At the end of the day it's about management recruiting who they feel is best suited for the job, whether that's physio, kit man, general manager, chef, or centre forward.

Purely speculation, of course, but after so many years of continuous service TC must have ended up on a fairly decent salary, we know the manager's working with tighter and tighter wage budgets year on year - if you could get a younger, fitter and cheaper replacement would you make the switch?

No sentiment in business these days unfortunately.

All the best TC hope you enjoy your retirement , Also the person mentioned ( if true) as the new kit man is not Brown but Browning, the U 20s goal keeping coach and a ****ing goal machine when he was younger. :wink:.

TC aside I like the idea of utilising resources. Perhaps we could have Callum decorating the walls with these sheets of paper he shows the sub he is brining on with 5 mins to go or Steve Brown on the other side of bar. Alec Clellsnd doing the laundry.

---------------------- It matters, yes. A local club, not seeking a locally based person for the community backed business..... does matter. Would be cool to have more locals from home grown players right through to kit men.....

Save your liberal political correct guff around this, as i am quite explicit: local team and club, limited company should try to recruit locally.........and show loyalty in the manner that 1000s of WAP members show to SJFC.

Sometimes SJFC are not value for money, but you pay them anyhow.........................maybe the staff with 30+ service should have the same deference.

I hope you still live in the area you were brought up and haven't moved for work then. Wouldn't want you taking a locals job away from them.

You the Browns mouthpiece, Tommy was there for a good while doing a good job respected by the players and fans alike and did not let his allegiances affect his club duties, Tommy deserved a little respect ( and got none from you ) we see it all the time the older worker being shoved out the door to save a few coppers, what price loyalty. You summed your post up with the comment you dont care why he was let go ( for whatever reason } that is what has gone wrong with this country.

Sorry Rick not aimed at you but at Slaphead

You are correct. It's common place across the workplace as a whole. I work at a major national communications company. A while back they decided it would be a good idea to offer staff early retirement packages. Most of the engineers that accepted had 20-40 years service and were 50+.

Ageing staff get papped out the door and replaced by know it all uni graduates with all the qualifications but not a clue how to translate those into doing the job at question efficiently. Place was a shambles for 2 years, this was followed by a panicked attempt by the company to try and re-hire the old boys that have taken early retirement packages and moved elsewhere. Almost each and every one laughed at them, said no thanks and told them where to go.

I hope you still live in the area you were brought up and haven't moved for work then. Wouldn't want you taking a locals job away from them.

------------ Yes, by and large yes. Same area since school......

------------- HSF -.... be careful what you wish for.

Back to the point, isn't it a shame the club has (one way or another) let TC go, against his wishes and never found a local kit man to keep the good local connection Tommy brought to that 'role'. Good luck to the new guy. Cynically i feel Tommy is building his backroom team for a future move......but that's off topic again!

MON THE SAINTS

You are correct. It's common place across the workplace as a whole. I work at a major national communications company. A while back they decided it would be a good idea to offer staff early retirement packages. Most of the engineers that accepted had 20-40 years service and were 50+.

Ageing staff get papped out the door and replaced by know it all uni graduates with all the qualifications but not a clue how to translate those into doing the job at question efficiently. Place was a shambles for 2 years, this was followed by a panicked attempt by the company to try and re-hire the old boys that have taken early retirement packages and moved elsewhere. Almost each and every one laughed at them, said no thanks and told them where to go.

Its happening everywhere

------------ Yes, by and large yes. Same area since school......

------------- HSF -.... be careful what you wish for.

Back to the point, isn't it a shame the club has (one way or another) let TC go, against his wishes and never found a local kit man to keep the good local connection Tommy brought to that 'role'. Good luck to the new guy. Cynically i feel Tommy is building his backroom team for a future move......but that's off topic again!

MON THE SAINTS

I know nothing about the TC situation.  But if, as others are saying, the new kit man is George Browning then he's more local than most folk on here!  Worked in Perth all his days and was a well known junior player for several Perthshire clubs so this 'bringing in an outsider' stuff is nonsense!!