League Cup Draw

templeofsaints

Ill try and make it over for this one also. I agree with other posters that we will pull a big crowd for this. There is a steeliness to saints belief they can win shit that in my lifetime was absent albeit promotion from lower divisions. This will go down as the greatest era in saints history with a another cup possibility here. A lot of the warm weather fans got a taste at the cup final and will smell it again in the run-up to this semi. I also believe this was the best draw for us and our confidence will be 'Tommied' by January and rock solid, Hibs are going to get carved to pieces.

I never mentioned the other semi, Hampden is the only sensible choice for that game. You think the fact Saints will have to travel an hour to Edinburgh will give Hibs an advantage? In what way is Tynecastle a familiar setting for Hibs? Hibs will outnumber us no matter where we play by roughly the same ratio, playing at Tynecastle rather than Hampden offers them absolutely no advantage over us but would make it a much better experience for the fans. 

Go back to my original post, where the situation regarding both fixtures were mentioned, don't split hairs now that the idiosyncrasies of the fixtures have been highlighted to you. 

True neutral venue for both ties would be - televise the Celtic v county game and play it on the Sunday at pittodrie , an equidistant 140 odd miles to travel for both teams to a neutral venue, the fact it would be televised would cut the traveling support, but still fill the stadium and play saints v hibs on the Saturday at firhill or Celtic park, an equidistant 40 - 50 miles for both teams. 

Or is that taking fairness, equality and neutrality a step too far for you, ensuring a level playing field for all ! :cool:

Go back to my original post, where the situation regarding both fixtures were mentioned, don't split hairs now that the idiosyncrasies of the fixtures have been highlighted to you. 

True neutral venue for both ties would be - televise the Celtic v county game and play it on the Sunday at pittodrie , an equidistant 140 odd miles to travel for both teams to a neutral venue, the fact it would be televised would cut the traveling support, but still fill the stadium and play saints v hibs on the Saturday at firhill or Celtic park, an equidistant 40 - 50 miles for both teams. 

Or is that taking fairness, equality and neutrality a step too far for you, ensuring a level playing field for all ! :cool:

I replied specifically to your point that Hibs have a home advantage if it's played at Tynecastle. They don't. You're havering. 

The players will travel the day before and stay in a hotel. Regardless of the venue.

Making fans fork out to travel further than necessary is madness and would result in a tiny attendances as well as an unnecessarily large carbon footprint for the game. 

That doesn't even account for the lost 20,000 tickets or £500k between the sides

Edited by Pat McGroin

Meeting with reps of 4 teams before the end of week.

Discussion will be Celtic/County on TV Saturday 12.30 at Hampden.

Hibs/Saints Tyncastle Sunday at 12.30 .End of discussion.

Although the TV game will probably be Sunday depending on what games are shown down south. 

I replied specifically to your point that Hibs have a home advantage if it's played at Tynecastle. They don't. You're havering. 

Yes, due to the fact that you obviously slept during your geography lesson. I never alluded to the fact that Hibs play at Tynecastle, as you appear to be suggesting, but they do play in Edinburgh, the same city as the game would be played, ergo, a home fixture. Just as the Celtic fixture would be, played in Glasgow.   

"You're havering" good eloquent retort :laugh: