Saints v Dundee FRIDAY 27th Nov 2015.

The ghost of Jim Morton

Buzzing for this and hoping for the same feeling on the drive back to Edinburgh as when we beat the old Rangers under the floodlights 4-1

I would go for the same scorers, but unlikely. Mind you, Cillian probably more likely to score than wee Chris on Friday 

Edited by Edstar101

It seems you have a similar memory for remembering absolutely useless stuff as me!

Remember being 4-2 up and they were down to nine men.  Steve Campbell went in goals after their keeper was sent off, probably the smallest player on the park.  Sure Billy Dodds equalised and my memory suggests he was at least five yards offside. 

I think I remember Dodds other goal in that game too.  Did he not charge in on Andy Rhodes and kick the ball out of his hands, when he was clearly in possession of the ball?

I think I remember Dodds other goal in that game too.  Did he not charge in on Andy Rhodes and kick the ball out of his hands, when he was clearly in possession of the ball?

Can't quite remember that but happy to go along with it given the player concerned......

The same season we beat them 7-2 we also won 5-1 at Dens in the Challenge Cup. Midweek game and we were in the end with all the bench seating behind the goal for some reason.

Pretty sure we were four up at half time. Even Andy Whiteford scored. Few players were rested that night. Superb.

That was a cracking match, just a couple of months before the 7-2 game. We absolutely ripped them apart and I seem to remember Kieran McAnespie and Charlie King both being involved for Saints, along with Whiteford.

That was a cracking match, just a couple of months before the 7-2 game. We absolutely ripped them apart and I seem to remember Kieran McAnespie and Charlie King both being involved for Saints, along with Whiteford.

7-2 was a New Years day match, I came down from Aberdeen and was in the South stand with the old man and his neighbour. 

I remember his face lighting up brighter and brighter as the goals were flying in, we couldn't believe what we were watching. 

The chubby pr1ck Chic Charnley was playing for Dundee and banging in the goals that season, he was in the papers spouting cr4p about the Dundee team the week before and what they were going to do to Saints. He got howlers from the crowd as he ballooned a free kick over row Z in the second half and I'm sure he got sent off shortly afterwards. 

Queue, even more pelters as he left the pitch. 

The boy I worked with then was a Dundee dafty, he came into work after the New Year break to find his work locker plastered in the back sports pages plastered all over his locker from top to bottom. Great days, hope Friday is another, as The Eagles would sing "one of those nights" :cool:     

Any news on injuries for Friday evening? You would have to expect Wotherspoon to recover from a dead leg if it wasn't too severe.

When are Lappin and Cummins due back?

did Caddis or Sutton do enough off the bench to warrant a start?

I don't rate Caddis, but he didn't do much wrong when he came on.  His first kick was to take a corner, which was low and ineffective.  Sutton held the ball up ok without threatening.  I wouldn't start with either of them.

I don't rate Caddis, but he didn't do much wrong when he came on.  His first kick was to take a corner, which was low and ineffective.  Sutton held the ball up ok without threatening.  I wouldn't start with either of them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Caddis starts, he's a robust wee lad and  and the midfield will be a battle ground on Friday.

Kane is starting, he looks better every time I see him and he deserves a run in the team.

On current form, would Stevie May get in this team? Don't think any of us would have thought that could happen.

he could play sweeper,sweeper upper  post match.might even find a few pennies.

hes a bit too auld for ball boy and his tattoos might scare the kids.

Tam Scobbie would've felt hard done by not starting at Tannadice but as always the gaffer made a good call and should remain with same back four for tomorrow night.  

Would not have a problem with Caddis starting ahead of Wotherspoon as I feel the latter is more effective off the bench.

Kane and Macca with a goal each, 2-1 St Johnstone.