Partick v Saints 23/2/16

RandomGuy

no i do not know what you are talking about.pm me your real name and address and i will have my solicitor contact you.

I'm really not interested in getting into a slanging match with you about this, at the end of the day mate I know what you said as I plain as day heard you say it.  Of course you are going to deny that you did, which is entirely your right.  And just so its clear to all I am by no means labelling you a racist but I definitely witnessed you come out with a comment last night (which has been posted earlier in this thread) which some people 'not all' may perceive as being a slightly racist remark.  You have chosen to deny that you said it, and I have chose to say you did.  At the end of the day it would be my word against your word so its not really worth debating any further.

One posts states "SLF knows exactly what we are talking about" in regards to the discussion about this accused racial abuse.

You may not know who anyone is on this forum, but lots of people do know who the people are behind the usernames and I think its unfair that an indvidual is getting labelled as a racisit on here. If he did indeed do as was said, then he deserves all the repercussions that would come his way, but what happened to innocent until proven guilty? As I said, if people felt that strongly at the time why did they not report it to the Stewards of Police?

It does seem to be the age we are living in though, people think its fair game to make all sorts of accusations about others on the internet without their being any comeback for the individual concerned.

I'm really not interested in getting into a slanging match with you about this, at the end of the day mate I know what you said as I plain as day heard you say it.  Of course you are going to deny that you did, which is entirely your right.  And just so its clear to all I am by no means labelling you a racist but I definitely witnessed you come out with a comment last night (which has been posted earlier in this thread) which some people 'not all' may perceive as being a slightly racist remark.  You have chosen to deny that you said it, and I have chose to say you did.  At the end of the day it would be my word against your word so its not really worth debating any further.

One posts states "SLF knows exactly what we are talking about" in regards to the discussion about this accused racial abuse.

You may not know who anyone is on this forum, but lots of people do know who the people are behind the usernames and I think its unfair that an indvidual is getting labelled as a racisit on here. If he did indeed do as was said, then he deserves all the repercussions that would come his way, but what happened to innocent until proven guilty? As I said, if people felt that strongly at the time why did they not report it to the Stewards of Police?

It does seem to be the age we are living in though, people think its fair game to make all sorts of accusations about others on the internet without their being any comeback for the individual concerned.

i agree with aitchy.

as for kojak i am not your mate .i have a witness to you allegation .no wonder your not really interested .prove it .

he is not denying anything, he is saying he didn't know what you were talking about
he probably doesn't think it is racist either.

it is about opinion, and what he said he wouldn't get charged with being racist, unless of course you were the prosecutor

I agree with you John, its all about opinion, but with that being said, in my opinion what he said could easily have been perceived to have been racist remark which it obviously was by a few people around me and no doubt a few others, I certainly felt it was.  Now having seen the way SLF regularly randomly shouts off the cuff remarks at games I genuinely don't believe him to be a racist and that he was just guilty of making silly remark without giving proper thought to what he said.  But unfortunately that still doesn't make it right.  We all know that in this day and age comments like that are simply not acceptable anywhere.

In response to Aitchy and why didn't I report it to the Police / Stewards, I really didn't think it merited that, plus I was more concerned with what was going on on the pitch to really care that much.  Maybe by highlighting it on here SLF will realise the stupidity with what he said and down the line will think twice before saying something equally daft. 

i agree with aitchy.

as for kojak i am not your mate .i have a witness to you allegation .no wonder your not really interested .prove it .

I don't have to prove anything SLF, I know what I saw and what I heard and as I stated earlier you are obviously going to deny that, and with no means of me backing up what I claim to have witnessed you saying that was reported, and you having no way to prove that you didn't then its a complete non-story isn't it. 

SLF appears to be pissed most times he posts on here, and yet very, very rarely is objectionable. There are hard-core BNP/Sevco types that post racist filth on here on a regular basis, mainly on the Chat section, and very few of you turn up to fight the good fight. I'd have more respect for those of you moaning on about a slightly dodgy borderline racist comment if you were there when a very few of us were wading in and fighting back daily against racist sh ite and getting warned by the mods for it. SLF did, incidentally. Nuff said. Leave the boy alone.

I don't have to prove anything SLF, I know what I saw and what I heard and as I stated earlier you are obviously going to deny that, and with no means of me backing up what I claim to have witnessed you saying that was reported, and you having no way to prove that you didn't then its a complete non-story isn't it. 

what exactly did you see?

Long term reader, first time poster here.

Just wanted to say that I used to come on here for a bit of banter and Saints chat, now it seems the forum is imploding in negativity and allegations.

It might be good to take the he said / she said stuff elsewhere and get right back to backing the mighty St Johnstone!

Long term reader, first time poster here.

Just wanted to say that I used to come on here for a bit of banter and Saints chat, now it seems the forum is imploding in negativity and allegations.

It might be good to take the he said / she said stuff elsewhere and get right back to backing the mighty St Johnstone!

Can I be the first to congratulate you on your fantastic username

So a fan can say what he likes and be as vocal as he likes and talk as much shite as he likes but a manager cant tell some him what he thinks. 

Just cause someone has a loud voice does not make what he says right and has to be obeyed.

I have no  problem with the manager reacting, in fact I  am glad he reacted ( if he did, as  I never saw it myself) Maybe  we will get a reaction in team selection or tactics. maybe he will stop bringing on the ****ing carthorse and actually give Kano a run.  

Was I wrong though?? Does he not have to " get this shit sorted out"  Are we happy with how the team are performing, are we happy with the standard of play, are we happy with the tactics, are the tactics working.  Do you, MS, think that  Sutton is a better option the Kane??. Do you thing we are playing okay. Are you happy with two shots on target in 90 minutes. We were  piss poor last night and have been piss poor for months now. 5 points from 30 is not  good enough, not nearly good enough. All the apologists can say " keep the faith"  " support you team" and all the other well  trotted out phrases but the fact remains that  things need to change.

I make no apology for being angry. It's because I care...

what exactly did you see?

Again I stress, I'm not really interested in getting into a slanging match back and forth about what I saw and what you are denying saying etc.   Its a pointless exercise.  I have made it clear what I witnessed/heard, no point going over it again.  My word against yours at the end of the day, so no point in discussing it further.

As William Shatnerface states, time to get back to talking about the game. 

To be fair to Tommy, my initial thoughts after that rant were shut up Ghostie too. 

Well done you . Glad you were happy enough with the performance from the manager and the team. If shit fitba and  poor  decision making make you happy you will have been over the moon for ****ing months now.  And that's nice for you.

canny be bothered with folk who would rather shout negatives from the sidelines than be supportive. At the end of the day it's  TW's neck that's on the line with team selections. If ghosty is who I think he is I would be telling him to F off too. I've seen him in action & he is a pain in the backside to sit near never mind beside. I don't doubt his commitment to Saints but it is the wrong kind IMO.  We are hit by injuries to key players, team in transition etcetera but we should be getting behind the team. We are still in the top half Ffs.. I don't stand by this 'I have paid my money & I can shout what I like' rather leave that to TFOD

I shouted at the end " you need to get this shit sorted now Tommy". That was after supporting the team for  the 90 minutes. What a ****ing heinous crime that is. Lock me up and throw away the key. How dare I be pissed of

( If you are not  quite sure who I am, I will happily meet you up at Pittodrie on Saturday and we can discuss the ins and outs of what we think supporting our team means. That's a genuine offer by the way :wink: not some veiled threat or shite like that, just in case any of the  drama queens on here  wet their knickers  )  I will ask you though the same question I am asking others WS. Do you think Sutton is a better option than Kane??

Ghostie is loud, and I am sure his frustration got the better of him last night

However, comments above are unwarranted as he not only supports the club home and away but does a lot of stuff in his own time for the club and the players

I am good Eddie. To be fair as I have said, I gave the team my full support last night and only at the very end did I   shout atb the manager.  I am happy with what I shouted.

I don't think anyone is offended here. Just a bit irritated. Personally speaking, I don't get offended very easily. In a sense, I see what you mean. Young guys generally have more of a mollycoddled upbringing than their more mature counterparts did. In another sense, I think it's a positive thing that the times are changing. 'Men should be men' can be seen as a negative motto in some circumstances.

So no, I'm not offended by your post at all. In fact, I hope it's directed at me. It would be one of the first times that someone has said I have an 'adult body'. Thanks, much appreciated.

Don't know about the adult body in your case, but the rest certainly applies to you.

Imagine, we are being overrun in Perth by IS and you stand there waving a writing implement at them (even although you probably can't write, just type on a phone, tablet, phablet, pc, etc.), shouting, 'The pen is mightier than the sword!' Then, before you could utter another word that few know the meaning of.......

:laugh:

I don't think it's fair to be accusing people of being racists over the Internet. I do not condone racism in any form and if as accused someone was racist, then I hope they get punished, but it really is unfair to be naming individuals on a public forum.

If people were that offended then surely they would have been better to complain to the Police, Stewards or the individual concerned instead of naming someone on here.

You make a good point there Aitchy, but I'd question this whole thing about being vicariously offended - presuming others may be offended who aren't present and being offended on their behalf. I'm wondering if it's not more than a little bit stupid?

Particularly when those 'offended' will likely have uttered something equally 'offensive' or insulting when commenting on someone's words or actions, perhaps calling them stupid or attributing some other label, making personal remarks, etc. We've all done it, and plenty times too. Probably little fear of any stones being cast then, I guess? I wish I were as righteous that I was in such an elevated position as some on here to pronounce edicts about racism, stupidity, rights or whatever else.

Don't know about the adult body in your case, but the rest certainly applies to you.

Imagine, we are being overrun in Perth by IS and you stand there waving a writing implement at them (even although you probably can't write, just type on a phone, tablet, phablet, pc, etc.), shouting, 'The pen is mightier than the sword!' Then, before you could utter another word that few know the meaning of.......

:laugh:

I would imagine that the majority of WW1 soldiers were about TRS height tbf.

I thought that the new lad played a terrible line and got caught not coming out at the first goal and backed off the lad running through for the second.

Not his fault as he was literally thrown in at the deep end, but he still looks a yard off the pace. I don't think changing the back 4 during the match was the smartest move.

Ghostie and everyone else who pays to follow their club have the right to shout whatever they like. 

What I just can't understand, is shouting things that are detrimental to the performance of the team you've paid to see win. 

Booing a player who's low on confidence???????

Causing chaos at set pieces by hollering instructions at players about who's free and who they should be marking???????????

Telling loan players to 'f*ck off back to Celtic' ????????

Demanding that Tommy 'get Kano on' following a defensive error (or funnier still, when we've made all our subs)???????

Jeering when players get subbed off???????????   

It gets tho the stage where people are actually looking for a player to make a mistake so they can be proven right in their verbal abuse and have another opportunity to dish it out. 

I get that people want to vent frustration/disappointment but FFS, it just add's to the problem.  

I will plead guilty to number two M'lud, but I'll be ****ed if  if I am copping to any of these others.  ;-) ( although to be fair it seems  to be chaos  most of the time, whether I shout or not )

I will happily take  whatever flak is coming my way and I have big shoulders. I do though, reserve the right to shout at the manager during games. I try my very hardest NOT to  shout anything negative at our players during game and very very rarely do. The manager though  is the  man responsible and if I feel he needs  shouted at, then I will shout at him. Even then though, it is not abuse like  " get tae ****" or " you're a useless ****" or anything like that. Some folk seem to have some idea I am a boo boy or leave games early which is  not true.  I don't even shout " **** off John Sutton your a waste of space"  

Finally,on the  comment regarding the subbie. I heard it,but am almost 100% positive it did not come from  SLF.  It was from behind me  but the voice did not sound anything like Roys.

Anyway, I am now away to shouty practise to get ready for the shitefest at Pittodrie. Please, if you are on here and you are up there come and say hello and when TW brings Sutton on for the last  15 minutes when we are 2 or three down we can all shout " **** OFF" together.  :razz: