Hearts v Saints 19/3/16 K-O 3pm

So that was the formation we deployed at Firhill a few weeks ago but with a different option up front. I actually thought we were quite controlling in that game and Swanson playing as the link man really worked. Having a striker who can play off the shoulder makes a difference to the 4-5-1 and Kane gives that option. The problem with playing someone like Maclean in a 4-5-1 is there is an enormous onus on the midfield to score goals as he is often the link man. We also lost key players through injury in that game which didn't help our cause. Hopefully Kane gets a good run of games now.

So that was the formation we deployed at Firhill a few weeks ago but with a different option up front. I actually thought we were quite controlling in that game and Swanson playing as the link man really worked. Having a striker who can play off the shoulder makes a difference to the 4-5-1 and Kane gives that option. The problem with playing someone like Maclean in a 4-5-1 is there is an enormous onus on the midfield to score goals as he is often the link man. We also lost key players through injury in that game which didn't help our cause. Hopefully Kane gets a good run of games now.

Our form seems to have turned a corner since Tommy showed some bottle by giving Thomson, Brown and Kane some game time, showing older players that they need to up their game.

He would be crazy to drop Kane now and should keep up the habit of dropping experienced players like Lappin and Macca just to send a message. 

Muzz was involved with the challenge that Darnell was booked for, so a case of mistaken  identity possibly 

Is it possible within the limits imposed these days by the PC Brigade to ask how you could mix Muzz and Darnell up?  Darnell does have a much better smile for a start.

The performance was excellent and I'd rather focus on that than have sly negative digs at a player who has given so much to the club.  Incidentally, Macca was good when he came on and more than played his part in making sure we kept going at Hearts in the second half.  Guess you had to be there though.

Guess you had to. Facts ad figures, he's done F all for us for near on 6 months. That's not the performance of on form striker. He should have been warming the bench months ago. But, still week after week he has been taking the place which could have been better utilised by another more capable player at that time. 

Ah, forgot, he was quite influential in a few games, missing F ing penalties !

There's no sentiment in football, you're correct, he "has" given a lot to the club, but that's it, has, being the operative word. Move him on. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and in my opinion, my opinions are normally right !:cool:

Is it possible within the limits imposed these days by the PC Brigade to ask how you could mix Muzz and Darnell up?  Darnell does have a much better smile for a start.

PC is good btw. Questioning how you can get a white man and a black man mixed up is perfectly acceptable. 

Guess you had to. Facts ad figures, he's done F all for us for near on 6 months. That's not the performance of on form striker. He should have been warming the bench months ago. But, still week after week he has been taking the place which could have been better utilised by another more capable player at that time. 

There's no sentiment in football, you're correct, he "has" given a lot to the club, but that's it, has, being the operative word. Move him on. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and in my opinion, my opinions are normally right !:cool:

Sentiment is everything. Whether you think he's been ineffectual or not for the last wee while, he's a legend and a 0-3 result at Tynecastly is maybe not the best place to use it to point score against an absolute God. 

Been feeling a bit guilty at my slag at Macca yesterday. It was meant to be ironic - as in, we are two goals up, and we've thrown in our best striker! Guy is a legend. However, when your time is up, it's up. The very second Kane is a better bet than Macca, Macca should be dropped for good, with our eternal thanks (that goal in the final......).no room for sentiment in football, which I would guess Macca knows better than any of us.

If you think he's done F all for six months then you clearly don't go to the games very often.  If you read my first post in the Chris Kane thread, you'll see I agree that Macca could do with more completion for his place and the occasional rest.  Your post earlier in this thread was having a completely unwarranted and unnecessary dig at a player who has been terrific for this club and is also a tremendous professional.  We absolutely demolished Hearts yesterday - I'd expect most fans to celebrate the performance rather than try to point score against any individual player.

Been feeling a bit guilty at my slag at Macca yesterday. It was meant to be ironic - as in, we are two goals up, and we've thrown in our best striker! Guy is a legend. However, when your time is up, it's up. The very second Kane is a better bet than Macca, Macca should be dropped for good, with our eternal thanks (that goal in the final......).no room for sentiment in football, which I would guess Macca knows better than any of us.

Loyalty breeds team spirit. 

I meant they were both involved in the challenge, but it was Darnell that got booked