Development Squad News 2017/18

Radford 72

Obviously a disappointing result today but bit of perspective might be useful and it's provided when you look at a breakdown of ages.

Hibernian:

• 21 y/o: 2
  • 20 y/o: 1
  • 19 y/o: 6 (1 goalkeeper)
  • 18 y/o: 1
  • 17 y/o: 1

Saints:

• 19 y/o: 2 (1 goalkeeper)
  • 18 y/o: 2
  • 17 y/o: 6
  • 16 y/o: 1

In addition, nine of the Hibs side have been, or currently are, out on loan, playing senior football.

There will be tough weeks for this young group this season you sense but hopefully it'll benefit them in the long run.

Totally agree too many jersey fillers that would have been bettered served with boys clubs.

Although from my own experience the majority of the coaching was better than boys clubs, but again if you are getting 10 minutes here and there, not much point.

I was speaking to a  head of youth development that made a great point. The top teams have too many players half of these players, who are of a high standard, should be with other performance clubs and the players they have should be down a level and in turn a lot of these players with boys clubs.

I was taking teams in the 90s pre pro youth set up and the boys clubs were an excellent breeding ground for clubs. Kids played and trained with clubs and then went to pro team training nights. I remember one Scottish Internationalist who was at Rangers Celtic and Hearts training at the same time.  

3 sloppy goals conceded from no more than a yard out.

Ryan Dow got 2.

2nd half a much improved effort mostly in the County half.

A tad unfortunate not to get on equal terms in the end.

A terrific ground pass from the right was fired in at pace which resulted in a defender at full stretch deflecting the ball past his own keeper.

Final score Saints 2  County 3.

Footnote. What do these other teams feed their players, as they have guys bigger than their coaches and the officials.

Saints were constantly beaten to balls in the air.

I suggest that we get big Scottish men and big Scottish wimmin the gither. :wink:

You may be onto something. Any **** under 5'10" isnae allowed to reproduce from now on. 

No sure if we could get this law passed but I'll send an email to Sturgeon. 

What do we do if any offspring are Wee? Send them south?

You may be onto something. Any **** under 5'10" isnae allowed to reproduce from now on. 

No sure if we could get this law passed but I'll send an email to Sturgeon. 

What do we do if any offspring are Wee? Send them south?

Send them to join the Fackawee tribe!

They dwell in the long grasslands of Africa.

You recognise them by their distinct cry.

"Where the Fackawee".

Edited by HOODLUM65

• 2 weeks later...