Scottish cup 4th round draw Monday 4.45

Cagey

34 minutes ago, Center Half said:

Sevco playing their League game against the Dons tomorrow night and their postponed game gets played next week? any one know why they were allowed to do this? surely it is the same rules for every team .  

Ha ha. You must be deluded if you think "the same rules apply for every team".

That has NEVER been the case.

37 minutes ago, Center Half said:

Sevco playing their League game against the Dons tomorrow night and their postponed game gets played next week? any one know why they were allowed to do this? surely it is the same rules for every team .  

Could it be because it was a TV game & will be shown when played ?.

14 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Could it be because it was a TV game & will be shown when played ?.

I don't see why that should make a difference. Any cup game postponed at the weekend is rescheduled for the immediate midweek, and league games get pushed aside. If a cup game is drawn at the weekend, its the following midweek. It's always been the way and I read somewhere last week that it was the same for this round of fixtures. 

Just wish I could remember where 

6 minutes ago, cristo said:

I don't see why that should make a difference. Any cup game postponed at the weekend is rescheduled for the immediate midweek, and league games get pushed aside. If a cup game is drawn at the weekend, its the following midweek. It's always been the way and I read somewhere last week that it was the same for this round of fixtures. 

Just wish I could remember where 

TV rules us bass.

3 hours ago, Dave H said:

Got to laugh at clearing the terracing 3 times. Priority surely is the pitch?  Snow still on the pitch this morning.

After the call off on Saturday was the rest of the pitch cleared on Saturday?  Seems not.  Therefore only needing to shift the Sunday snowfall would have been far easier yesterday.

Drainage is supposed to be good, according to some comments. Last snow fell on Sunday. The pitch wasn't frozen.  Couldn't get a game on 48 hours after the last snow?  Haddies!  Oh but we cleared the terracing 3 times.  

The terracing would need to be cleared or the police could call it off. Snow had to be left on the pitch to protect from the frost.

They said they tried their best. If you had a spade instead of a keyboard maybe the game would have been on.

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

The terracing would need to be cleared or the police could call it off. Snow had to be left on the pitch to protect from the frost.

They said they tried their best. If you had a spade instead of a keyboard maybe the game would have been on.

Go on, tell me more. Why 3 times?  

No frost forecast between Saturdays call off and Tuesday.

If the pitch was only subjected to todays rain would it have been off? No.  The snow did not need to be left on the surface from Saturday. 

Keep clearing on Saturday and then have less to clear on Monday.  Clearly total waste of time even attempting it.  Lessons to be learned.  Call it off Saturday rearrange for Weds or Thurs would have been more of a chance.

Edited by Dave H

29 minutes ago, Dave H said:

Go on, tell me more. Why 3 times?  

No frost forecast between Saturdays call off and Tuesday.

If the pitch was only subjected to todays rain would it have been off? No.  The snow did not need to be left on the surface from Saturday. 

Keep clearing on Saturday and then have less to clear on Monday.  Clearly total waste of time even attempting it.  Lessons to be learned.  Call it off Saturday rearrange for Weds or Thurs would have been more of a chance.

Because it snowed three times. The ground needs to be clear for a game to be on not just the pitch. 

Snow was left on the pitch to prevent it from freezing. They never had the manpower to move it all on the Saturday. On Sunday there was another half foot, if not more, of snow again. So your clearing plan is already blown.

If it were just from the rain in the last 24 hours there is still a high possibility that the game would have been off. The snow didn't help.

How you fail to understand that is beyond me.

As for rescheduling for Wednesday or Thursday do you know if that was an option? Forecast is for more heavy rain the next two days anyway.

We might be a team with our SPL compliant 10,000 seater stadium and our super underground heating system but we should show more respectful to teams in the lower divisions like Albion Rovers. It doesn't seem that long ago that Muirton Park was limited to under 5,000 because it was such a dump. 

Instead of moaning and coming over all self important, try and thank the helpers from two sets of supporters who volunteered to try and get the game on for all of us.  

21 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

Read that Saints winter break is longer than the close season we had!

Last game of last season - 21st May : First pre-season game - 22nd June : Days between games - 32 days.

Last game before winter break - 30th December - First game back - 27th January : Days between games - 28 days

Not far off it, tbf.

10 hours ago, PanamaSaint said:

We might be a team with our SPL compliant 10,000 seater stadium and our super underground heating system but we should show more respectful to teams in the lower divisions like Albion Rovers. It doesn't seem that long ago that Muirton Park was limited to under 5,000 because it was such a dump. 

Instead of moaning and coming over all self important, try and thank the helpers from two sets of supporters who volunteered to try and get the game on for all of us.  

:shock:  For about the second time in my life I actually agree wae you.

12 hours ago, PanamaSaint said:

Well said John.i agree

Hardly self importance. Simply pointing out ideas that could have had the game played this week.  

The importance is to play football.  We are struggling for form before break. Lost sharpness for the league game v Thistle this Saturday (who have had 2 competitive games in the week before playing us)

Fixture backlog..

Important not to look back at this game as a major factor in our season.  I do wonder if the pitch is playable tonight? And who decided it should be rearranged for Tuesday and not Wednesday?

Do hope we can get a bounce game arranged before the weekend, sure Killie are at a loose end.

18 hours ago, PanamaSaint said:

Well said, Albion Rovers did their very best with limited resources to get this game on.

But what about the SFA?  Within an hour or so of Saturday's call off the game was rescheduled as planned for the Tuesday and our game v Killie postponed.  But did anybody stop and think?  At that point the pitch was still 70% covered in snow, a substantial snowfall was forecast for the Sunday followed by rain on the Monday and Tuesday.  It must have been obvious that Rovers would struggle, despite their best efforts, to cope with these conditions in time for Tuesday.  But no its only Albion v St Johnstone, just get the tea boy to bung out the revised details whilst attention is paid to more important matters like ensuring the bigot brothers are kept apart in the draw for the next round.

At the very least the tie should have been put back to Wednesday or indeed put straight back to Monday next.  Come to think about it did anyone at Saints ask if thought had been given to the obvious problems?

55 minutes ago, south inch said:

Well said, Albion Rovers did their very best with limited resources to get this game on.

But what about the SFA?  Within an hour or so of Saturday's call off the game was rescheduled as planned for the Tuesday and our game v Killie postponed.  But did anybody stop and think?  At that point the pitch was still 70% covered in snow, a substantial snowfall was forecast for the Sunday followed by rain on the Monday and Tuesday.  It must have been obvious that Rovers would struggle, despite their best efforts, to cope with these conditions in time for Tuesday.  But no its only Albion v St Johnstone, just get the tea boy to bung out the revised details whilst attention is paid to more important matters like ensuring the bigot brothers are kept apart in the draw for the next round.

At the very least the tie should have been put back to Wednesday or indeed put straight back to Monday next.  Come to think about it did anyone at Saints ask if thought had been given to the obvious problems?

I think the dates in the event of replay or postponement were published before tie. I think if ours was a replay it was next Wednesday.

May have imagined that though.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

I think the dates in the event of replay or postponement were published before tie. I think if ours was a replay it was next Wednesday.

May have imagined that though.

You are right they were published on the Scottish Cup website.  Postponement - Tuesday 23rd, Replay - Tuesday 30th.

That was fine when published but someone could have used some common sense when they saw the actual conditions and knew the weather forecast.