THE LARK SAINT

Ball fell fortunately for Danny, head down and just smashed it in the back of the net. Wasnt a great game but we'll take that. Killie will say they should have had a penalty but we werent offside when we got the ball in the net earlier. Fair result.

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Ball fell fortunately for Danny, head down and just smashed it in the back of the net. Wasnt a great game but we'll take that. Killie will say they should have had a penalty but we werent offside when we got the ball in the net earlier. Fair result.

I thought we were superb to a man. Guess it shows how we see games differently.

Chris Kane looking like Christiano Ronaldo in the fog. Maybe he’s just shy! 

Great performance, we beat them in every area of the pitch. The players are starting to understand the system a lot better now. We barely gave them the chance to pass the ball, with high pressing and high tempo.

The only negatives were Wotherspoon having a quiet game, and Conway's decision making and final balls sometimes lacking quality. Kane came on, and suddenly was playing like Messi. I think MacLean has been pushing him to turn the defender, and this started to work well a few times.

The defence was solid, Clark had his best game of the season, although he didn't have much to do. The game was won in the centre of midfield though, with Davidson and McCann dominating.

11 minutes ago, california_saintee said:

BTW, can anyone explain to me why the games were on a Friday night? Is there something happening on Saturday?

To give the Scotland players time to recover before the Internationals I believe. But OF who have a few Internationals have ended up playing on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Conway's crossing & corners are pish & 2 attempts high over the bar when there were better options. Swap for Mikey I would say. Also bring on Kane for May who hasn't had a touch of the ball.

If we had made these sub's at half time I wouldn't have been a nervous wreck for 40 minutes.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Agree, Conway's crosses are really really poor. Corners are worse.

Which is strange, as I think he was brought in partly for his set-pieces. 

I think we've been poor on set-pieces for quite a few seasons, Conway isn't great but is an improvement on previous seasons (Wotherspoon and Craig?)