Saints players on loan

Tranmere Saintee

21 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-faces-fifa-loan-restriction-26000884

SPFL clubs will be allowed just six loans in or out by 2024 as FIFA announces a shake-up of the temporary transfer system.

This will surely wreck our strategy too?

Suspect if that happens, we’ll see a return of reserve leagues etc 

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-faces-fifa-loan-restriction-26000884

SPFL clubs will be allowed just six loans in or out by 2024 as FIFA announces a shake-up of the temporary transfer system.

I thought 6 was the maximum loans anyway.

It will effect the OF more than teams like us. They loan out  enough players for a whole team as well as having teams in the lower leagues. Huge advantage.

On 1/21/2022 at 9:00 AM, garydavidson said:

Note the 6 rule does not include wither under 21 players or players that the club have trained. 

On 1/28/2022 at 8:33 PM, Tranmere Saintee said:

Max recalled from Brechin, can only presume to be loaned back out to a higher level.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:43 PM, rik2304 said:

Hopefully he can make a mark in the championship so we can use him next season.

I note that Championship clubs can arrange loans after the January window has closed, up to the end of Feb., so who knows?

32 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

Eetu came off the bench last night after 86 minutes, in a top of the table clash against Glentoran.

I think he got about 15mins. Ran about a bit but never did anything.

He is not going to get in side ahead of the 2 strikers they ,Fallon and Maninga ? I think.

So don't think he will come back to us a better player next season. Hope I am wrong.

Edited by Cagey

17 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I think he got about 15mins. Ran about a bit but never did anything.

He is not going to get in side ahead of the 2 strikers they ,Fallon and Maninga ? I think.

So don't think he will come back to us a better player next season. Hope I am wrong.

66 minutes not 86, but I agree with you, Fallon and Maninga are probably ahead of him by some distance.

Edited by Saintdunc

Has anyone seen a lot of Alex Ferguson while on loan or at youth level?

Its a flawed system just by the nature of it but I'm "profiling" him as a sort of young Murray Davidson just now, and I've no idea if that's fair. All the hype was around his technical ability.