St.Mirren V St.Johnstone - Wednesday 9th February

SaintJet

3 minutes ago, sideline said:

Just waiting to read about Eetu’s hat trick in his first game for Linfield.

Will give him chance but for a big guy Bair does not leap that well.

Maybe not the best night to judge him but given what we reportedly spent... underwhelming. Probably now need 6 months watching on the bench to get up to speed with the Scottish game IMHO

Edited by Shaggy Jenkins

2 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

All changes I’m happy with. We’ve been crying out for a right wing back instead of a full back. 
booth I’m assuming is unavailable and May has played a lot of football. 

Glad you were happy. Midfield always looked to be a problem.

1 minute ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Maybe not the best night to judge him but given what we reportedly spent... underwhelming. Probably now need 6 months watching on the bench to get up to speed with the Scottish game IMHO

Mind you hardly best time to make debut as we were falling apart at that stage and any organisation had gone.

What the **** was Callum doing with so many changes? The midfield after 30 minutes were anonymous. Murray looks shot to pieces. 

I don't understand the selections tonight, I really don't. 

I'm not going to judge Bair on his short cameo, but I thought we improved with Butterfield on and if he's not starting then we may as well pack in right now. 

I've been Callum in forever, but ****ing hell man. 

Edited by ballbogba

At least we have a week to sort things out and Halberg back in. Would be tempted to bring in Mahon with Gordon and Cleary.

Might be optimistic but Aberdeen poor just now and three points would change the situation.

Looking at the table we need to get second bottom place as a realistic target and hopefully grab the lifeline from that.

St. Mirren started well, but we were on top for most of the first half. After the penalty, I thought we were going to get one more. A few shots here and there, and it was building. But it just shows how delicate our confidence is that after they scored the penalty, we just lost it. No chance in the second half. Sang looked decent, MacPherson did ok, Hendry wasn't bad. Gallagher looked more assured.

However, Crawford was just a passenger as always, we started to look really unfit in the second half, despite our subs. We've been unlucky with injuries - Kane, Rooney, Cifcti, Wotherspoon all may have started. The Macpherson had to go off.

Bair didn't look great when he came on, to be honest. Obviously bad time to be introduced, but it didn't look great. Butterfield always just looks so unfit to me, like he's struggling after 5 mins.

That was it though for any hope of finishing above 11th though. There was a chance to get a bit of an unbeaten, if not spectacular run going. I think morale-wise, we're probably back to square one, and that will be seen as one of the defining games of the season.

6 minutes ago, sideline said:

At least we have a week to sort things out and Halberg back in. Would be tempted to bring in Mahon with Gordon and Cleary.

Might be optimistic but Aberdeen poor just now and three points would change the situation.

Looking at the table we need to get second bottom place as a realistic target and hopefully grab the lifeline from that.

Sort things out? 

It's over. Done. Finished. We are on the express train to the Championship.

As I have said before Gordon was a far better player before he became captain. Mahon was brought in to shore up the defence and should have started by now. Where was he tonight? Don’t be telling me he has fallen victim to out training methods as well. 

CD is not going to resign but has Brown got enough money to pay him off. 

Legends come, legends go. Just ask John Connolly.

6 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

As I have said before Gordon was a far better player before he became captain. Mahon was brought in to shore up the defence and should have started by now. Where was he tonight? Don’t be telling me he has fallen victim to out training methods as well. 

CD is not going to resign but has Brown got enough money to pay him off. 

Legends come, legends go. Just ask John Connolly.

Gordon was a better player alongside Kerr. It’s no coincidence the drop from both him and McCart. 

It’s comfy in a Rolls Royce 

15 minutes ago, Linky said:

St. Mirren started well, but we were on top for most of the first half. After the penalty, I thought we were going to get one more. A few shots here and there, and it was building. But it just shows how delicate our confidence is that after they scored the penalty, we just lost it. No chance in the second half. Sang looked decent, MacPherson did ok, Hendry wasn't bad. Gallagher looked more assured.

However, Crawford was just a passenger as always, we started to look really unfit in the second half, despite our subs. We've been unlucky with injuries - Kane, Rooney, Cifcti, Wotherspoon all may have started. The Macpherson had to go off.

Bair didn't look great when he came on, to be honest. Obviously bad time to be introduced, but it didn't look great. Butterfield always just looks so unfit to me, like he's struggling after 5 mins.

That was it though for any hope of finishing above 11th though. There was a chance to get a bit of an unbeaten, if not spectacular run going. I think morale-wise, we're probably back to square one, and that will be seen as one of the defining games of the season.

Disagree. We had dominated the first half. Second half was a shambles and not fair to judge Bair. Need to wonder what the hell they are telling players at half time as we can’t string more than 45 mins together. 

But swapping 3 players after 10 poor mins and completely changing the system reeks of a desperate last throw of the dice and the guys on the park deserve better 

4 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Butterfield dropped . Davidson spent . McPherson usually non existent. Crawford a ghost.

I say again you were happy with that team. I am sure you were the only one.

Butterfield might have been struggling for 90 mins after a busy week. 3 games in 8 days is a lot. I was happy with Sang coming in who I felt offered much more coming forward. 

middleton won the penalty. What change were you massively unhappy with? Mr 0 goals dropping out, Stevie May? 

Edited by Pat McGroin

3 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Butterfield might have been struggling for 90 mins after a busy week. 3 games in 8 days is a lot. I was happy with Sang coming in who I felt offered much more coming forward. 

middleton won the penalty. What change were you massively unhappy with? Mr 0 goals dropping out, Stevie May? 

More than unhappy with so drastically change a team that had been on a decent run. We had to replace Hallberg . I hear what you say about Butterfield and left back may have been enforced but I had a feeling that team was not going to get us a win.

I was hoping I was wrong.

Basically I am just pissed off.