St.Mirren V St.Johnstone - Wednesday 9th February

SaintJet

They seem to be all big games these days and this one is in my opinion will probably determine our ambition to stay up automatically.

The task ahead is daunting but lets be clear if we lose to St.Mirren we are playing for the play off spot and that in itself will be a huge battle.

No Halberg but hopefully the new recruits can offer something different and we can take this game to St.Mirren and get all three points.

I don't want any set up with12 sheets plywood across the midfield and hope for a breakaway goal. Lets go for it. Hendry and Mounty up top Middleton out wide.

I think if we can get more then a 3 point gap on Dundee then I think we will see them self destruct for the remainder of the season, this is a massive game for us, I hope we go 442 and press them in defence and play with a little bit of freedom knowing we are not coming last for the first time in a long time

COYS

4 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

I think if we can get more then a 3 point gap on Dundee then I think we will see them self destruct for the remainder of the season, this is a massive game for us, I hope we go 442 and press them in defence and play with a little bit of freedom knowing we are not coming last for the first time in a long time

COYS

CD will not change formation.

10 hours ago, pezza70 said:

COYS

I don't want to see us switch to 4-4-2 at this point. We've picked up a bit of form over the last couple of games and I want to see us build on that, not completely change the way we're playing. Our back three has looked much better with McCart improving and Cleary making a good impact, and I also think our midfield set-up of Butterfield sitting back, Crawford pressing forward on the left and Hallberg pressing forward on the right has seen a marked improvement in our play through the middle. For me the main question is whether Booth and Brown are able to supply the crosses that Hendry needs.

I reckon we might see Sang get his chance at RWB in this one but other than that I'm hoping there aren't significant changes.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I don't want to see us switch to 4-4-2 at this point. We've picked up a bit of form over the last couple of games and I want to see us build on that, not completely change the way we're playing. Our back three has looked much better with McCart improving and Cleary making a good impact, and I also think our midfield set-up of Butterfield sitting back, Crawford pressing forward on the left and Hallberg pressing forward on the right has seen a marked improvement in our play through the middle. For me the main question is whether Booth and Brown are able to supply the crosses that Hendry needs.

I reckon we might see Sang get his chance at RWB in this one but other than that I'm hoping there aren't significant changes.

I thought Booth had a decent game again on Saturday and he's comfortable in the system. When we had spoony the play down that side was far more fluid but Booth is capable of causing problems with decent back up. 

I agree we don't get the same production from Brown in an attacking sense but he is still a steady performer and I can't see him being dropped. 

Butterfied is steadily making an impact and I like him deeper too; I think he has a match winning performance in him and I hope it's Wednesday.

We can all see we need to get down the wings deep and get crosses over so also hoping Middleton can find some of his form from last year.

11 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

St Mirren will have a mindset that if they win, they are pretty much safe. 

Crazy that they could jump from 9th to 5th if they beat us tonight. Looking at the middle of the table, it's gutting that Saints aren't part of that pack as I actually think the league is a fairly weak one this season and there's a big chance of Top 6 and even Europe for pretty much any of those sides who want it badly enough. Such a big opportunity missed for Saints this season.

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

I couldn't understand why some thought he was playing; a red ( compiled of two yellows ) is an automatic next game ban.

A red for dangerous play ( automatic red ) can be appealed.

It had been reported in the media that his suspension wouldn't kick in until the Aberdeen game.

We have to keep an eye on the other fixtures now and I see Livi and Ross county play tonight; nailed on draw so even if we manage a win tonight we will still be five points adrift of County and I don't think they'll be in any danger. This looks daunting even before a ball is kicked.

Hope that win bonus is getting bigger!

On 2/8/2022 at 9:01 AM, pezza70 said:

I bet if Blair played for one of the two ugly sisters than his international clearance would of been signed, sealed and delivered in time for the very next game 

Clearance is through, available for tonight.   I suspect will be on the bench though.

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

We have to keep an eye on the other fixtures now and I see Livi and Ross county play tonight; nailed on draw so even if we manage a win tonight we will still be five points adrift of County and I don't think they'll be in any danger. This looks daunting even before a ball is kicked.

Hope that win bonus is getting bigger!

At the moment County are our best hope of reaching 10th place so wouldn't be too disappointed with a Livi win.  I suspect though that as the season progresses our target for achieving 10th will change game by game.  Main thing is to battle for every point so that we are at least in the frame!

COYS