Relegation Playoff

pezza70

Right now if we had to play the part time Arbroath or Killie would anyone be genuinely confident we could get it done over the two legs?

If we do jag that position I honestly believe we won’t hold any fear to either of them unfortunately.

17 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

Right now if we had to play the part time Arbroath or Killie would anyone be genuinely confident we could get it done over the two legs?

If we do jag that position I honestly believe we won’t hold any fear to either of them unfortunately.

Understood your first paragraph,  but wtf was your second about? :confused:

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I'm not even confident we'll get the play-off, let alone win it. My expectation at this stage is that we're going to finish bottom of the league.

I have been of that opinion since before Christmas. If you can’t score then you are stuffed.

This league this year is bonkers.

1 hour ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

essentially cost us millions.  I wonder if that has been allowed to fester with him  

Think that's a bit harsh. It wasn't just conceding that penalty that stopped us from going through. We also missed some big chances, particularly in that first leg.

I'd say the club's failure to strengthen ahead of those games was far more costly than any individual human errors on the part of players during the games themselves.

The play off is weighted to the advantage of the SPL team, the gruelling schedule of matches at the end of the season leaves Promotion hopefuls playing as many as 6 games in quick succession, where as SPL side only 2 games, with the  first leg away and the second in front of home fans.  Last season Dundee beat Killie, but I can’t remember the last time other than this a second tier side have prevailed.  

I would fancy Saints against part time Arbroath, but Killie have the huge advantage of that ******* pitch!

Whoever we play 1-0 St Johnstone over 2 legs.

We will whimper down into the Championship and continue to not score goals, pass sideways or backwards and get a new manager at Christmas when Broon finally realises not scoring goals is dragging us into League One.

Hopefully not too late!

Yaaaaaay.

Edited by Shibbydoo

09/03

Dundee v St Mirren

13/03

Dundee v Rangers (Cup)

19/03

Saints v Motherwell

20/03

Dundee v Rangers

02/04

Saints v Livingston

Dundee v Aberdeen

09/04

Celtic v Saints

Dundee Utd v Dundee

Celtic aside, 2 winnable home games, then hopefully 3 home games post split with one of those being Dundee at home. Albeit I suspect it’ll be at Dens given we’ve played them twice at home already. Not sure on the post spilt rules so not sure if it’s as simple as that 

11 minutes ago, Saints11 said:

09/03

Dundee v St Mirren

13/03

Dundee v Rangers (Cup)

19/03

Saints v Motherwell

20/03

Dundee v Rangers

02/04

Saints v Livingston

Dundee v Aberdeen

09/04

Celtic v Saints

Dundee Utd v Dundee

Celtic aside, 2 winnable home games, then hopefully 3 home games post split with one of those being Dundee at home. Albeit I suspect it’ll be at Dens given we’ve played them twice at home already. Not sure on the post spilt rules so not sure if it’s as simple as that 

Don't think we will know the other 4 bottom 6 clubs til last game before the split. It's a mad league. If we had reversed the results against County we would probably be sitting where they are.

2 hours ago, Saints11 said:

09/03

Dundee v St Mirren

13/03

Dundee v Rangers (Cup)

19/03

Saints v Motherwell

20/03

Dundee v Rangers

02/04

Saints v Livingston

Dundee v Aberdeen

09/04

Celtic v Saints

Dundee Utd v Dundee

We’re only due 2 homes games after the split?

it’s not as simple but if they can’t get 19 home & away I doubt they would make us or Dundee have an extra home.

32 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

We’re only due 2 homes games after the split?

it’s not as simple but if they can’t get 19 home & away I doubt they would make us or Dundee have an extra home.

They might depending on who the other teams are but we will certainly not get a third home game v Dundee.