Eetu back out on loan again - from the BBC

pezza70

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Dutch Saint said:

Leading the line and scoring twice, (so far) this afternoon. Still, it is only Linfield, and we are so much better than them in their pub league. Goal scoring striker? Who needs them?????

Decent enough goals, but he was at fault for the Newry goal, let a guy a foot shorter than him get a header in without a challenge 

55 minutes ago, glenrothes saintee said:

Decent enough goals, but he was at fault for the Newry goal, let a guy a foot shorter than him get a header in without a challenge 

his wikkipedia says he has scored 4 goals in 10 games which i take it will be 6 out of 11 with Linfield which is  the best return he has had over his pro career

9 hours ago, Dutch Saint said:

Leading the line and scoring twice, (so far) this afternoon. Still, it is only Linfield, and we are so much better than them in their pub league. Goal scoring striker? Who needs them?????

We humped  them in a pre season friendly 3 or4 years ago,so you’re  probably correct 

16 hours ago, mainstand said:

Spoke to someone that had seen him in training up close and his view was that he simply wasn't good enough. 

Let's face it - there are several players at Saints who "simply aren't good enough" but it hasn't prevented some of the others from getting a regular game for us this season.

35 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

Could Eetu be any worse than Ciftci?

Personally I think Eetu would bring something to this team and would give us a different dimension going forward, even if only from the bench. I've no idea how well he's been playing for Linfield as I haven't been watching, but that's purely based on his fleeting appearances for us last season.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Let's face it - there are several players at Saints who "simply aren't good enough" but it hasn't prevented some of the others from getting a regular game for us this season.

Exactly and the definition of "not good enough" is a simple point of view which really depends on who you are and what you are looking for. 

44 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Personally I think Eetu would bring something to this team and would give us a different dimension going forward, even if only from the bench. I've no idea how well he's been playing for Linfield as I haven't been watching, but that's purely based on his fleeting appearances for us last season.

Right now and just like last season we can’t score our only goal scoring threat we had is gone, so surely he is worth a punt?

They bought him over for a reason and to send him to Siberia as such when others around him get countless chances Is baffling 

Going back a few years but some interesting data here:  http://allanderek.github.io/football-analysis/posts/shots-per-goal/

Over the years you need over 7 shots at goal or over 3 shots on target to score in the SPL.  How often are our strikers getting those many opportunities?  Would Lewandowski or Benzema manage double figures in a season?

• 4 weeks later...