Ian Flaherty

Mr Dennis Wise

9 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Tbf if thats all his qualifications then that makes it worse.

We're an established top flight club, the 2nd most successful in the country in the past decade, with a turnover of £8m, and we're being run by someone whos football experience seems limited to lower league first team management.

Although is Gus MacPherson still at the club?

Sure hes meant to run the football side and Flaherty the other side?

Don't shoot the messenger.

25 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

Dons

On his phone call to me last week he gave me some yarn about getting a supporters bus to Saints games every week in the 80’s and talked about how delighted he was to be working for the club he loves.

Starting to get Scott “Spoofer” Gardiner vibes about him.

2 minutes ago, Aitchy said:

On his phone call to me last week he gave me some yarn about getting a supporters bus to Saints games every week in the 80’s and talked about how delighted he was to be working for the club he loves.

**** me

5 minutes ago, Aitchy said:

Probably sat beside Steve Brown :twisted:

13 minutes ago, Aitchy said:

He maybe did go to Saints games, who knows, but he’s definitely an Aberdeen fan

I spoke to Ian back at the start of the season in the first wave of fan discontent. While it was good of him to give me a call it didn’t fill me with much confidence. I say this knowing he might be told what he can and cant say. Either way, the clubs position is worrying.

He refused to comment on the blindingly obvious problems with the team/management and essentially dismissed my concerns with ‘nobody would be emailing me if we’d won on Saturday’.

I raised concerns about the stadium and again was dismissed with, ‘have you seen Dens and Tannadice? It’s way worse there’. So basically don’t expect any work to be done to improve an ageing McDiarmid.

It really feels like the club is in the hands of people with no forward thinking, strategy or genuine care for the fan base. It’s going to be a long few years watching St Johnstone. 

Edited by The Kinross Saint

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

Doing a good job.

As the invisible Man.

Question’s definitely need to be asked. He will be on a decent wage as well. Seems to spend the majority of his time talking about Rangers and Celtic on a Glasgow based radio station.

Denying local media access to players and advising that a wall of silence is the best approach to the cup fiasco is not a good look. 

1 hour ago, Aitchy said:

Question’s definitely need to be asked. He will be on a decent wage as well. Seems to spend the majority of his time talking about Rangers and Celtic on a Glasgow based radio station.

Denying local media access to players and advising that a wall of silence is the best approach to the cup fiasco is not a good look. 

So we literally have a rangers minded head of PR? No wonder this decision has been made.

What an absolute disgrace. 

1 hour ago, The Kinross Saint said:

So we literally have a rangers minded head of PR? No wonder this decision has been made.

He won't have had any influence in the decision. It would have been made by a higher up official. Thank goodness none of them are Rangers minded...

14 hours ago, The Kinross Saint said:

Give him a Google. He might be The Invisible Man when it comes to his Saints connection, but that's definitely not the case when it comes to giving his opinions (and writing books) about Celtic.

And then there's this situation, as described by Eric Nicholson in The Courier at the weekend:

Fmgv6-jXwAATu7M.jpg.7eda130c4fad19b3135b6ff5844c33ed.jpg

I wouldn't expect him to have been involved in the decision to give Rangers three stands, but I don't think it's a massive stretch to suggest he may have had quite a bit of influence on the club's decision to publicly stay completely silent and ignore the fans' concerns in the aftermath.

29 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Give him a Google. He might be The Invisible Man when it comes to his Saints connection, but that's definitely not the case when it comes to giving his opinions (and writing books) about Celtic.

And then there's this situation, as described by Eric Nicholson in The Courier at the weekend:

Fmgv6-jXwAATu7M.jpg.7eda130c4fad19b3135b6ff5844c33ed.jpg

I wouldn't expect him to have been involved in the decision to give Rangers three stands, but I don't think it's a massive stretch to suggest he may have had quite a bit of influence on the club's decision to publicly stay completely silent and ignore the fans' concerns in the aftermath.

Hings must be bad if Eric posts anything negative about Saints.

• 2 weeks later...

Club are at it again.

Advertised the Celtic game as £20.

FnP7pfBWIAQm_Mu.thumb.jpeg.2f8aab13587af6a424371652fd42eb06.jpeg

But charged Celtic £30.

Celtic fans pointed out that was against league rules.

Saints given a choice between lowering Celtic prices to £20 or raising Saints prices to £30...

Screenshot_20230127_222333_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8dd9443eec704e8b2e8ad314732bc27e.jpg

So they raised home prices 50%.

They never mentioned this at all publicly, and have instead just snuck it in while changing every article that had mentioned £20 into £30. Presumably hoping our "modest" home support wouldnt notice the price hike.