St.Johnstone V Kilmarnock - Saturday 29th October

SaintJet

After a moral boosting win at Easter Road we welcome Killie to Perth. Kilmarnock are on a decent run after a bumby start to the season and their players will be bouyed by a cup semi final to come in the new year. 

This game has a special importance in that hese two teams look evenly matched and if we could eek out a win it will give us a bit of seperation and keep us creeping away from the bottom.

I've seen some smashing games between us over the years including a 0-0 a recent few years back in Perth.

There won't be much between these teams but lets hope we have a 3-2 win.

12 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Will cautious Callum have finally realised that if he unshackles the players from his crippling defensive style then we actually can win games by scoring goals?

His mentor at Millwall apparently changed to back 4 recently and have won the last 4 games. Hopefully he gets some input from him but can't see Davidson changing formation.

We get overrun in midfield in most games so changing to a back 4 would change that imho.

At home against a team we should be looking to beat in a winnable game. Carey's probably going to be available. Spoony might be ready for a start. May and Clark again show how well they work together up front. Can't see any reason why we wouldn't be going all out for a win while trying to score a few goals...

1 hour ago, Sergei said:

At home against a team we should be looking to beat in a winnable game. Carey's probably going to be available. Spoony might be ready for a start. May and Clark again show how well they work together up front. Can't see any reason why we wouldn't be going all out for a win while trying to score a few goals...

We have a cluless negative manager who is unable to change a formation designed to frustrated the opposition rather than win games and entertain.

Until we get rid of him we will be forever fighting relegation.

How many times over the last couple season have we had games like Saturdays where a win would create a gap but failed.

10 minutes ago, Sergei said:

I'm also expecting Mitchell to be left sitting in the naughty corner of the dressing room and Mahon to reappear from the broom cupboard Callum's been keeping him in to start instead. It's what he does.

I hope not. Anytime I've seen Saintst this year Mitchell has been solid.

3 hours ago, SaintJet said:

I hope not. Anytime I've seen Saintst this year Mitchell has been solid.

He has, he's been great, but I think he could've done better at Hibs goal...well he is human after all...and judging by Callum moving him then taking him off I suspect he did too. We all know what can happen when you dare to slip up in Callum's world. :shock:

1 hour ago, Sergei said:

He has, he's been great, but I think he could've done better at Hibs goal...well he is human after all...and judging by Callum moving him then taking him off I suspect he did too. We all know what can happen when you dare to slip up in Callum's world. :shock:

I don’t think it’s that. It’s clear that Mitchell is miles ahead of Gordon in every department but Gordon is a high earner (heard we broke the wage cap to keep him), Captain and it seems he is apparently unsubable. Despite being the weak link. 

if we’re changing shape, Between Mitchell, Consie and Gordie, there’s only 1 fall guy. 

2 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

I don’t think it’s that. It’s clear that Mitchell is miles ahead of Gordon in every department but Gordon is a high earner (heard we broke the wage cap to keep him), Captain and it seems he is apparently unsubable. Despite being the weak link. 

if we’re changing shape, Between Mitchell, Consie and Gordie, there’s only 1 fall guy. 

I totally agree but we're not Callum. I am being a bit tongue in cheek about this but to be honest nothing he does now surprises me especially after last Friday.

16 hours ago, Sergei said:

I'm also expecting Mitchell to be left sitting in the naughty corner of the dressing room and Mahon to reappear from the broom cupboard Callum's been keeping him in to start instead. It's what he does.

Mahon seems to be miles out of the picture, unfortunately. Both him and MOH aren't even making the bench these days. If the defence is going to change I'd have thought it would be more likely McGowan moves back to make way for Spoony in midfield.

Completely agree with @RandomGuy about playing Gordon. He's one of the very few guys we have who is here for the long haul.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Mahon seems to be miles out of the picture, unfortunately. Both him and MOH aren't even making the bench these days. If the defence is going to change I'd have thought it would be more likely McGowan moves back to make way for Spoony in midfield.

Completely agree with @RandomGuy about playing Gordon. He's one of the very few guys we have who is here for the long haul.

From what we've seen Mahon looks to have been treated very harshly for one bad game and think he should have played more. 

I'd better stress again I was being tongue in cheek in that post, about Callum's selection policies. Looks like things can be taken literally on here so I'd better confirm that I don't really think Saints have a naughty corner in the dressing room or that Callum's had Mahon locked in a broom cupboard. That was 100% made up and I'm not really ITK.

On 10/25/2022 at 3:28 PM, Sergei said:

I seam to remember our so called manager said about Mahon when signing him he was one for this season.

On 10/25/2022 at 3:28 PM, Sergei said:

Mitchell coMing of was tactical. Not first time Callum has took him off when behind.

I predict a goal each for spoony and Clark. I cannot predict if that will be enough, but our keeper has been solid. 

I'm also looking forward to this game, and after the Hibs sepuku it shows that a few mad seconds can change a season and our positive or negative energy.

P.s can you please tell me how to get rid of these Trump-Vance ads that are popping up and blocking up my screen! 

This is a massive game for us, 3 points after last weeks game and it keeps putting pressure on the teams around us, I’d rather us keep our season in our hands then relying on others around to drop points.

I really hope that Spoony gets an injury free run to the World Cup break and is firing for us in the second half of the season, he is quality and can be a game changer for us

COYS

12 hours ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

I predict a goal each for spoony and Clark. I cannot predict if that will be enough, but our keeper has been solid. 

I'm also looking forward to this game, and after the Hibs sepuku it shows that a few mad seconds can change a season and our positive or negative energy.

P.s can you please tell me how to get rid of these Trump-Vance ads that are popping up and blocking up my screen! 

I’m getting pop ups too I’m not too sure how to block them if possible