Give Us a Reason Why Callum Should be St Johnstone Boss

Shibbydoo

"We have no given right to be in this league; we have to work extremely hard every game to do it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/c87v1enx7xpo

We're currently in our 14th consecutive campaign in the premiership, only Celtic, Aberdeen and Motherwell have been in the league longer. We've won 3 trophies in that time but we have NO RIGHT to be in this league.

When is this boring vacuum of entertainment going to go?

He's obviously getting nervous about 11th spot judging by the article above. I notice Carey is in the email newsletter complaining about the world cup break which will obviously be rolled out as the party line excuse if we end up in the play-offs again.

1 hour ago, The Kinross Saint said:

"We have no given right to be in this league; we have to work extremely hard every game to do it.

We're currently in our 14th consecutive campaign in the premiership, only Celtic, Aberdeen and Motherwell have been in the league longer. We've won 3 trophies in that time but we have NO RIGHT to be in this league.

When is this boring vacuum of entertainment going to go?

He's obviously getting nervous about 11th spot judging by the article above. I notice Carey is in the email newsletter complaining about the world cup break which will obviously be rolled out as the party line excuse if we end up in the play-offs again.

"We have quality there . We have players there to win games" Unfortunately we have a manager that is unable to see that he is the problem.

He just sucks the life out of the club, everything is so negative, imagine sitting listening to his team talk before a game! 

But until the club is sold this rudderless ship will just sail on with the good captains Grant, Macpherson, Flax and Cautious C at the helm, what a bloody thought having to endure more of this shit show!

Surely Brown sees this and if he let's him loose for another season it could be relegation and it would reduce the value for selling, maybe that's what they want.

16 hours ago, The Kinross Saint said:

I mean there's nothing there that comes as a surprise, but still, it just sums up so much of what Callum Davidson is about. All focus is on staying up, on looking over his shoulder, on keeping his job. There's just zero ambition, or even thought, to do any better than that. Is he disappointed with how the season has gone? Have we met the season's targets? Have results been good enough? There's no mention of any of that. I would like him to explain why we're now in the position of having to talk about avoiding relegation again, when we were joint-fourth just before Christmas.

36 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I mean there's nothing there that comes as a surprise, but still, it just sums up so much of what Callum Davidson is about. All focus is on staying up, on looking over his shoulder, on keeping his job. There's just zero ambition, or even thought, to do any better than that. Is he disappointed with how the season has gone? Have we met the season's targets? Have results been good enough? There's no mention of any of that. I would like him to explain why we're now in the position of having to talk about avoiding relegation again, when we were joint-fourth just before Christmas.

Weirdest bit is in the "club newsletter" i got emailed this week, hes talking about trying to reach the top six.

12 hours ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

No surprise, but still sickening to read this statement....

Same old clueless, negative and impotent club/manager approach and rhetoric. 

Are Hearts/Aberdeen (3rd/4th) such world beaters that we can't compete. fuk off

The writing was on the wall after the Ayr game in the league cup. 1-0 up and another couple of goals would have got us in the next round but he sat back and protected is win.

We were in a decent position be he threw it away with his negativity.

The money from the later stages of the League cup and the league position we could have been in, would have more than covered Davidson's pay off.

Add the wages spent on a squad of 30 odd where half weren't even making the bench.

Brown has a lot to answer for.

33 minutes ago, Cagey said:

The writing was on the wall after the Ayr game in the league cup. 1-0 up and another couple of goals would have got us in the next round but he sat back and protected is win.

The money from the later stages of the League cup and the league position we could have been in, would have more than covered Davidson's pay off.

Add the wages spent on a squad of 30 odd where half weren't even making the bench.

would have more than covered Davidson's pay off.

Realy good insensitive for him to go on and get more goals against Ayr:wub:

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Steve Brown's lack of interest and care for the club shouldn't be forgotten in this. He lost interest when the McCann sale happened and his neglect is a big factor in the state we're in.

Holding out hope Geoff applies some professionalism back to the club.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

I remain convinced that the coaching staff didn't realise scoring more goals at that point could have put us through. Which is a bit amateurish if accurate.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Is it only me that's getting an ad for Currys in the bottom r hand corner that makes it difficult to type ?.

Yep, it's annoying (especially if looking at the site on a mobile). There is usually an 'X' (often very well hidden) that lets you close the ad, though. 

On 4/6/2023 at 12:44 PM, blueheaven said:

I remain convinced that the coaching staff didn't realise scoring more goals at that point could have put us through. Which is a bit amateurish if accurate.

100% this, I don’t think anyone on the Saints bench realised we needed 2 goals to go through, if they’d went for it and lost a goal on the counter I d have been fine with it, if they’d peppered shots at the Ayr goal, got one or even none but went out trying I d have been ok, as it was though, we just did nothing, not a single bit of effort was made in last 5 mins of that game to stay in league cup.

17 hours ago, Cagey said:

Is this the Callum Hendry  that Davidson loaned out and only came back as McInness didn't want him.

I mean that’s not quite true now is it? McInnes and Killie would have happily kept him last season and they wanted to sign him in the summer. Davidson brought him back, it wasn’t like he was punted back to us. 

18 minutes ago, Widge said:

I mean that’s not quite true now is it? McInnes and Killie would have happily kept him last season and they wanted to sign him in the summer. Davidson brought him back, it wasn’t like he was punted back to us. 

Not sure about that but bow to your better memory than mine.