Summer transfers/contracts 2023

garydavidson

12 hours ago, Linky said:

Given the shape worked so much better in the first half, I think MacLean needs to think carefully about January (if he gets that far). Are Booth or Clark really ever going to be fit again? Is Kane even?

How hard did we work to shift MacGowan and Crawford if they're no longer needed?

The shape makes Brown and Gallagher superfluous, and perhaps Jaiyesimi. Yet, it means we need another wing back each side.

What is frustrating is that all this squad building, finding out what shape works and what doesn't should've been done before the season started.

If Brown can get his form back I think he'll still have a role to play. He can play on the right of a back three and has played as a wing-back on both sides for us before (not first choice obviously, but having cover is always good).

I think Gallagher's been superfluous for quite some time TBH. That's two different managers who have preferred to bring another team's youngster in on loan rather than pick him.

We definitely need someone on the left to compete with Carey. I'd thought that was Costelloe's role but after Saturday he'll maybe now be used more as a striker. Really hope Jaiyesimi is able to step up once he's fit and give us an option on that side.

22 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Jaiyesemi signed on the first of September. He played 18 mins for Charlton on 19th of August. Was he injured and that is the reason he is not fit after all this time ?.

It was reported he picked up the injury in our bounce game against St Mirren, so he didn't arrive injured.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Scott Bright and Joe Ellison loaned out to Berwick.

I think we are only allowed to loan out 6 or loan in 6 so looks like McGowan , Crawford and Booth are going nowhere unless we free them by mutual consent.

Fifa changed rules and for 2023 allowed 7 then 2024 it is 6.

Rules will not apply to under 21s or club-trained players.

Would think that if we were lucky enough for any team to want the three you mention then they could go on loan, however at the Fans Forum Meeting on Monday it was mentioned that there had been no teams interested in taking any of them.

1 hour ago, Templar Saint said:

Fifa changed rules and for 2023 allowed 7 then 2024 it is 6.

Rules will not apply to under 21s or club-trained players.

Would think that if we were lucky enough for any team to want the three you mention then they could go on loan, however at the Fans Forum Meeting on Monday it was mentioned that there had been no teams interested in taking any of them.

Thanks for your insite.

Not easy to find out all the changes , certainly didn't know about under 21 rule. Ta.

7 hours ago, Cagey said:

Scott Bright and Joe Ellison loaned out to Berwick.

I think we are only allowed to loan out 6 or loan in 6 so looks like McGowan , Crawford and Booth are going nowhere unless we free them by mutual consent.

It says absolutely everything about how the club has been run over the past few years that not a single club is willing to take two of our highest paid players off our hands for FREE!!

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz