Summer transfers/contracts 2023

garydavidson

I would like to think the decision to let McGowan leave was a mutual decision.  Macca I assume couldn't guarantee him game time, at this stage of his career he is going to want to play.  He's been a solid performer for us over the last year or so would imagine there will be plenty clubs interested.  

Hopefully he gets the move that suits him, and Macca is able to bring in at least 1 more before the window shuts.  

13 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Crawford and Bair are probably the worst two pieces of transfer business that I can think of in my years supporting Saints, and Davidson was responsible for both of them.

If we'd signed Crawford outright and it hadn't worked out that would be one thing, but the fact that we actually already had him on loan so knew he wasn't cutting it before the deal was made permanent is just something I find mind-boggling. Just imagine how much money Crawford's completely unnecessary time at the club must have cost Saints.

Got rid of Bair and signed this Sven charactor...... hope to be proven 100% wrong, but has all the hallmarks of watched him on a YouTube, and my mate's pal in the pub......said etc

1 minute ago, MySpazz said:

Got rid of Bair and signed this Sven charactor...... hope to be proven 100% wrong, but has all the hallmarks of watched him on a YouTube, and my mate's pal in the pub......said etc

Least with Sven they had him across and saw him in the flesh. Bair was just YouTube compilation 

33 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

Bair was signed for a fee as a 22yo who'd barely played senior football.

Sprangler is a free transfer whos been on trial for weeks, whos 28yo and has almost 100 games in the Austrian top flight.

36 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

Strange comparison. Both play in different positions and both signed in completely different circumstances.