Preseason 2023/24

garydavidson

Slack in the second half. When we got the ball down and passed it, we looked quite good.

Defensively a wee bit ropey....but that back four wouldn't be playing much you wouldn't have thought.

Of the youngsters, Ballantyne continues to show he's worth a spot. Steven was decent for most of the game. The others look like they need a good bit more experience somewhere before coming into the squad....although not fair to judge on that.

All in all, asides from the first 15 mins thought we were ok for the first preseason game. Will need to tighten up defensively though.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Who is Totts. If Ferguson ,why number 2. Was that the only strips we took and he can't were his own number.

Do we have a sub goalie ? ,Where is Wills ?. Only 7 subs. Beginning to get concerned now.

Wills broke his leg in training apparently 

2 hours ago, templeofsaints said:

Ferguson took an early knock. Didn't look comfortable at right back. We've come into the game. Parker, Steven and Gallacher all playing well. Careys equaliser was a cracking finish 

McLean said in the Record that Ferguson has impressed him and we might see him in a new role tonight. I know we have more midfielders than the rest of the team put together but it would be a shame if the boy was spoiled by playing him out of position.

I must admit I thought he might use Max as back up to Brown.

2 minutes ago, Cagey said:

McLean said in the Record that Ferguson has impressed him and we might see him in a new role tonight. I know we have more midfielders than the rest of the team put together but it would be a shame if the boy was spoiled by playing him out of position.

Take it you weren't meaning Max should have played tonight?

6 hours ago, Cagey said:

You want to play a left footed attacking midfielder as back up to our only natural right back? The hell were you smoking last night or do you just say every stupid thought that enters your head?

As it stands, Wright and McGowan are your back up right backs. 

10 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Any manager that starts Crawford and Carey in the same team has lost me already. **** this!

Agree about Crawford but Carey had a good game last night. Scored a peach and almost got another (unfortunately blocked by a Par).

Crawford looked well off the pace and didnt seem to be able to close anyone down in the middle of the park. 

3 hours ago, Widge said:

You want to play a left footed attacking midfielder as back up to our only natural right back? The hell were you smoking last night or do you just say every stupid thought that enters your head?

As it stands, Wright and McGowan are your back up right backs. 

To you and Hoodlum , I never said I wanted Max to play right back just that I thought he might play him or Ballantyne there . As it turned out I was right and he played another of the young midfielders.

I agree re Wright and McGowan but it's neither of thems best position.

10 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

Agree about Crawford but Carey had a good game last night. Scored a peach and almost got another (unfortunately blocked by a Par).

Crawford looked well off the pace and didnt seem to be able to close anyone down in the middle of the park. 

Trouble is that is Crawford in every game. Maybe should play him at right back.