What now

Broggy Man

47 minutes ago, Broggy Man said:

Is he good enough with the investment 

If you give me the money Pep has at Man City and I could win them the EPL too. 
SO yeah, give a manager the money and he'll usually get better players. 
With no money you need someone who can work in that frame - MacClean is not managing that task.

14 hours ago, MySpazz said:

The club has no responsibility to MacClean other than the contract.

If Davidson should have been sacked after Kelty, then Maclean was gone after Stenny and the worst result in 25 years, a 4-0 drubbing at Home to Stirling Albion.

Oh come on, you can't possibly think that's accurate. Davidson's defeat to Kelty came one-and-a-half years into his tenure. Macca's defeat to Stirling was, what, his fourth competitive game since getting the job? And who would you say inherited the better squad and better situation: Davidson or MacLean?

You mention it being the worst result in 25 years. I'm not sure what previous game 25 years ago you're referring to, but I'm guessing it's our 4-0 defeat from Stenhousemuir in 1995? If so, it's maybe worth noting that we didn't sack the manager after that one either.

9 hours ago, MySpazz said:

If you give me the money Pep has at Man City and I could win them the EPL too. 

You really couldn't.

10 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Makes sense. Thought it was tempting fate , a couple of days traveling and a semi competitive game with our history of injuries.

Better a couple of days on the training ground practicing a back of 5 and 4 at the back with May dropping back.

Perhaps they could use the under 18s as Celtic as they just won 5-0.

On 8/15/2023 at 9:00 AM, Cagey said:

Makes sense. Thought it was tempting fate , a couple of days traveling and a semi competitive game with our history of injuries.

Better a couple of days on the training ground practicing a back of 5 and 4 at the back with May dropping back.

Perhaps they could use the under 18s as Celtic as they just won 5-0.

I understand cancelling the Burnley trip but to go into Celtic game in the back of 2 weeks inactivity is dangerous ,unless they had games that we are unaware of.

Also I think most of our injuries have been on the training ground.