What now

Broggy Man

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Hope that players get fit/signed and that putting Mitov, McClelland, Booth, McGowan, MacPherson, New CM, Wright, Carey, New W, Clark and Kane help improve things.

This. If he gets some players fit and adds a few then we won't need to play half of the dross that's been on show this pre-season*.

*I know.

5 minutes ago, slf said:

Prepare for the end of the world is nigh 

put yer wellies on and go out and splash in the dubs

place prep H up yer Shute and get ready for the shit tae hit the fan

Roy you sound like an expert just listened to radio and the so called pundits have us doomed

The big turning point was 2 years ago, in Europe potential of group stages yer man Davidson makes an absolute erse of it playing a full strength team against United, then turned over by LASK decent outfit but there for the taking if the board had showing any ambition and bought a couple of decent players striker etc could have made millions, irony was spunked big funds on utter crap for Davidson for a year and a half later when everyone and his dog could see Europe group stages were the time to do it, board has been brilliant for years, but severely blinkered with Davidson after the cup wins with basically a Tommy wright team. the transfer window that summer the rot set in, with a chairman who didn’t want anything to do with it.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Hope that players get fit/signed and that putting Mitov, McClelland, Booth, McGowan, MacPherson, New CM, Wright, Carey, New W, Clark and Kane help improve things.

If we start on the basis that McGowan is our right back and Carey is a starting midfielder, you can forget all of the other signings… those guys are poison and need removed if the young players/new signings are going to improve things.

We've got to wipe Callum Davidson’s recruitment legacy from history and start afresh between now and the end of January.

McGowan, Considine, Crawford and Carey need to go if we are to salvage anything.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

36 minutes ago, crieffsaintandy said:

The big turning point was 2 years ago, in Europe potential of group stages yer man Davidson makes an absolute erse of it playing a full strength team against United, then turned over by LASK decent outfit but there for the taking if the board had showing any ambition and bought a couple of decent players striker etc could have made millions, irony was spunked big funds on utter crap for Davidson for a year and a half later when everyone and his dog could see Europe group stages were the time to do it, board has been brilliant for years, but severely blinkered with Davidson after the cup wins with basically a Tommy wright team. the transfer window that summer the rot set in, with a chairman who didn’t want anything to do with it.

That's pretty much how I see it and many others I'm sure

Losing a meaningless match, before the start of the season, which we had nothing riding on is always going to get a reasoned response.

It's an entire month until the transfer window closes, and we haven't had most of our planned signings yet. So obviously a great time to judge the squad.

Last season Hibs went out in the first round. I'm assuming they must have had a dreadful reason if the group stage is a good indicator of how a season might end up.

28 minutes ago, That_Dave said:

Losing a meaningless match, before the start of the season, which we had nothing riding on is always going to get a reasoned response.

It's an entire month until the transfer window closes, and we haven't had most of our planned signings yet. So obviously a great time to judge the squad.

Last season Hibs went out in the first round. I'm assuming they must have had a dreadful reason if the group stage is a good indicator of how a season might end up.

Today was anything but meaningless. It was a competitive game. We are miles away from where we should be at this stage. It’s also starting to look like thé youngsters have been rushed into the first team and aren’t ready/good enough.

As rubbish as Hibs have been, they can always throw some money at the problem. We can’t. 

7 minutes ago, Brian Potter said:

Today was anything but meaningless. It was a competitive game. We are miles away from where we should be at this stage. It’s also starting to look like thé youngsters have been rushed into the first team and aren’t ready/good enough.

As rubbish as Hibs have been, they can always throw some money at the problem. We can’t. 

We could've but CD and that clown "Flax" wasted it all.

48 minutes ago, That_Dave said:

I've always tried to give management and players a fair go. But the last 2 defeats, in the context of the last 2 years and the manner of those defeats is a cause for concern.

I feel the youngsters have been chucked under the bus, largely due to the squad mismanagement the last couple of years.

The window could be another 40 weeks long but the fact is we're unlikely to be able to bring in players who will be good enough to counter the flaws in our current squad.

The fault for now lies with those in charge the last 3 years. Missing out on euro group football was massive, not having anyone to replace our Kerr and McCann was criminal. This is where the rot started to set in and was followed by expensive mistake one after another.

I cannot understand how any Saints fan cannot be apprehensive about the season ahead. We are in a mire.

24 minutes ago, mike_gain said:

I've always tried to give management and players a fair go. But the last 2 defeats, in the context of the last 2 years and the manner of those defeats is a cause for concern.

I feel the youngsters have been chucked under the bus, largely due to the squad mismanagement the last couple of years.

The window could be another 40 weeks long but the fact is we're unlikely to be able to bring in players who will be good enough to counter the flaws in our current squad.

The fault for now lies with those in charge the last 3 years. Missing out on euro group football was massive, not having anyone to replace our Kerr and McCann was criminal. This is where the rot started to set in and was followed by expensive mistake one after another.

I cannot understand how any Saints fan cannot be apprehensive about the season ahead. We are in a mire.

Spot on.

It's mental to think they are not good enough to beat Stenny and Binos - so either they are shite or they are not playing for the manager. 

Where's cleland? He's like a cockroach in the club, just there in the background.

Then May had a good patch last year, got a new contract and has gone AWOL since.

There are too many legacy players who are either not good enough or past it.

Problem really rests with the Brown family who are now only half-arsed with the sale looming.

We are out at sea in so many directions. Painful.

Edited by MySpazz

I cant honestly remember feeling that our team is as vulnerable as this at the start of a seson.

Macca said the club strategy relied on progress in this cup and the best way to ensure that was with four victories. unfortunately that translated into three disasters and beating a wpoeful Alloa who lost 0_6 yesterday. In the immediate future we must bring in at least 3 players who will improve our impoverished squad and Macca must be made very aware that substantial and speedy improvement is a requirement for him to remain in post. We are shipping awful goals inc. far too many headers, having very patchy control in midfield and firing far too many blanks upfront.  I may have to watch v Hearts through my fingers but at least I shall be anaethsetised after my hospitality lunch !

Hope Im wrong but this form is relegation or resignation.