Scottish cup 2023/24

Cagey

15 minutes ago, Cagey said:

No  Cup income this season again.

3 stands to OF a certainty now then.

If we're lucky enough to share a division with them next season.

A worrying amount of people seem pretty relaxed about our relegation battle, and I worry they won't be feeling the same way in a weeks time.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

If we're lucky enough to share a division with them next season.

A worrying amount of people seem pretty relaxed about our relegation battle, and I worry they won't be feeling the same way in a weeks time.

Think that's a bit steep. Cup is always a potential banana skin, and evidently, the quality of the bottom half of the SPFL and the SPFL Championship are not a gulf between them.

The manager has done wonders since coming in, from a place of dead and buried to potential and building.

6 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Think that's a bit steep. Cup is always a potential banana skin, and evidently, the quality of the bottom half of the SPFL and the SPFL Championship are not a gulf between them.

The manager has done wonders since coming in, from a place of dead and buried to potential and building.

Just feel theres a real chance we lose to Aberdeen and and Motherwell this week, while Livi beat Dundee and County, and this time next week we're 1pt off 12th.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Just feel theres a real chance we lose to Aberdeen and and Motherwell this week, while Livi beat Dundee and County, and this time next week we're 1pt off 12th.

I don't think anyone is really thinking we are safe and we need to get a spark to get our season going again after an untimely long break.  We are well capable of beating Aberdeen and after that abomination of a performance on Saturday I expect to see a reaction.

2 hours ago, SaintJet said:

I don't think anyone is really thinking we are safe and we need to get a spark to get our season going again after an untimely long break.  We are well capable of beating Aberdeen and after that abomination of a performance on Saturday I expect to see a reaction.

It depends which saints teams turn up unfortunately if it’s the cup teams attitude plays we will lose, if the team plays the way they did against Hibs we will be well and truely in the mix for the 3 points.

Lots of trouble at the game too. One guy has had surgery on his leg after an attack by Airdrie fans, he's still in hospital in Wishaw. Sounds serious from below

" his leg is in a pretty bad way, don’t think he will be well enough to attend any games for the rest of the season"

11 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Liam Gordon seems to confirm today that half of the 3 week break was spent on holiday, with the other half training. 

No bounce games or friendlies played.

It was a disgrace and bad management going into an important game after three and a half week break without a bounce game to see who was up to speed.

If we are still in the premiership next season there will be no winter break. Thank **** , it was a farce this season squeezing games into midweek in middle of winter.

19 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Exactly 

3 hours ago, rik2304 said:

But....the guy was joking!!

I’m actually suprised the club hasn’t said anything about this ( unless they have and I’ve missed it )

The incident at Dunfermline a couple weeks ago, Dunfermline made a statement within 24 hours.

In this case , people have been hurt, ok the lad “ joking “ didn’t throw the bottles but has to accept a big part in it. Surely can have no complaints if a ban or worse comes his way. 

27 minutes ago, Strawman said:

I’m actually suprised the club hasn’t said anything about this ( unless they have and I’ve missed it )

The incident at Dunfermline a couple weeks ago, Dunfermline made a statement within 24 hours.

In this case , people have been hurt, ok the lad “ joking “ didn’t throw the bottles but has to accept a big part in it. Surely can have no complaints if a ban or worse comes his way. 

Absolute madness if he gets banned for that tweet.

It was clearly a joke to Airdrie fans that followed him. In no way did he ask some ned to throw bottles into a pub!

I have met him before through WAP and gave him a lift home from a game, a damn nice fellow who doesn't deserve all this nonsense for what was obviously a joke tweet from someone that interacts with fans from numerous clubs. 

3 hours ago, garydavidson said:

It was clearly a joke to Airdrie fans that followed him. In no way did he ask some ned to throw bottles into a pub!

I have met him before through WAP and gave him a lift home from a game, a damn nice fellow who doesn't deserve all this nonsense for what was obviously a joke tweet from someone that interacts with fans from numerous clubs. 

Ah stupid people not getting his humour, i mean, that's all cool then, and this guy laid up in hospital with metal plates in his leg and months off work - he just can't stop laughing.

Don't gaslight us, mate; that tweet was the catalyst. .... you are sending tweets to adrenaline- and coke-fueled mentalists in the east end / arseend of Glasgow, and you think they understand jokes. Get real.

015cbfeb-b309-4061-a10f-a89f4e513b9b.jpg

6 hours ago, garydavidson said:

If only he had some previous evidence to go off, like Airdrie have a reputation of a section of their fans being morons....

Similar happened a few years ago apparently, and the person who started it all by sending a similar message on social media was given a 1yr banning order from all football matches and ended up involved in court cases. Lets hope yer man wasnt hoping to go to the Euros.

I agree with @garydavidson. There was no malice in the tweet that Greg made. He is decent guy and a lifelong Saints fan and accusations that he is to blame for a small group of nutters attacking the pub are well wide of the mark.

Airdrie is hardly London. That group would have found the Saints fans wherever they were. For the Daily Record to run it as a front page headline is absolutely embarrassing. Wars going on in Ukraine, Palestine and Yemen? Nah, lets run a front page on a tweet made by a St Johnstone fan. No wonder the newspaper industry is on its arse. 

1 hour ago, Aitchy said:

I agree with @garydavidson. There was no malice in the tweet that Greg made. He is decent guy and a lifelong Saints fan and accusations that he is to blame for a small group of nutters attacking the pub are well wide of the mark.

Airdrie is hardly London. That group would have found the Saints fans wherever they were. For the Daily Record to run it as a front page headline is absolutely embarrassing. Wars going on in Ukraine, Palestine and Yemen? Nah, lets run a front page on a tweet made by a St Johnstone fan. No wonder the newspaper industry is on its arse. 

Totally agree with this.

The people who are to blame for football fans being attacked are the people who do the attacking. It's all a bit cringey really to see people still behaving like that in 2024.

8 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Totally agree with this.

The people who are to blame for football fans being attacked are the people who do the attacking. It's all a bit cringey really to see people still behaving like that in 2024.

So not the people who invite the people to attack them? 

Sure, Airdrie are morons, but inviting morons with a penchant for mindless violence to a pub full of saints fans is just as moronic, jest or not. I see the shite bag left before the shit hit the fan, that was nice.

2 hours ago, Aitchy said:

he is to blame for a small group of nutters attacking the pub are well wide of the mark.

Its factual?

Airdrie fans are pretty adamant thats a pub run by an Airdrie fan and theres never been bother there until his tweet, which could easily be read as goading Airdrie fans.

Just because youre friendly with him, and he didnt mean it the way they took it, doesnt make him blameless.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Its factual?

Airdrie fans are pretty adamant thats a pub run by an Airdrie fan and theres never been bother there until his tweet, which could easily be read as goading Airdrie fans.

Just because youre friendly with him, and he didnt mean it the way they took it, doesnt make him blameless.

Is it factual? Have you had a direct conversation with everyone of the idiots that were trying to attack the pub? Did they confirm that they woke up that morning, seen a tweet and then decided to attack people and throw bottles?

The incident was always likely to happen, tweet or no tweet.

52 minutes ago, Aitchy said:

The incident was always likely to happen, tweet or no tweet.

Have you had a direct conversation with everyone of the idiots that were trying to attack the pub? Did they confirm that they woke up that morning, and decided to attack people and throw bottles?

5 hours ago, garydavidson said:

They will spend more time banning someone that sent a tweet than trying to find the person that actually did the crime.

s.127(2)(a)-(b) Communications Act 2003 covers the Tweet sent, and its subsequent effect. You do not have intent for the actual outcome to be criminally liable.

But you keep defending the indefensivable. Clearly a mate of yours...