Champagne anyone?

dunblanemike

It says in the report

'Ch Insp Audrey McLeod, from Central Scotland Police, said East Fife were warned about the law when an officer spotted the bottles being taken off the bus.

It states that glass containers are not permitted inside sporting grounds.'

Does that mean you're not allowed bottles in the hospitality?

Surely that counts as being inside the sporting grounds????

Double standards if you ask me

Does that mean you're not allowed bottles in the hospitality?

Surely that counts as being inside the sporting grounds????

Double standards if you ask me

I've never understood how alcohol in general is allowed to be sold in hospitality, glass-bottled or not - there's obviously some sort of legal loophole involved, but I totally agree that it smacks of double-standards.

I've never understood how alcohol in general is allowed to be sold in hospitality, glass-bottled or not - there's obviously some sort of legal loophole involved, but I totally agree that it smacks of double-standards.

I think most of the clubs have restaurants etc inside the main stand and are granted a licence to sell alcohol ON the premises- which means you cannot take your own drink in- but you can have it with a meal or as a member of the club ( if licenced to sell ) ( season ticket holders can use the facility but cant take their own drink in. East Fife obviously took their drink in - hope that explains a bit !!

Central Scotland Police are renowned for their stupidity at games in eth Falkirk area. They once herded every Hibs fan they could find onto a train for Edinburgh not realising and failing to listen to complaints from folk taht stayed in the falkirk area.

That's brilliant! :lol::LAUGH OUT LOUD::lol::LAUGH OUT LOUD::lol::LAUGH OUT LOUD::lol::LAUGH OUT LOUD::lol::LAUGH OUT LOUD::lol::LAUGH OUT LOUD::lol::LAUGH OUT LOUD::lol::LAUGH OUT LOUD::lol::LAUGH OUT LOUD::lol::LAUGH OUT LOUD::lol::LAUGH OUT LOUD::lol::LAUGH OUT LOUD::lol::LAUGH OUT LOUD:

i've been killing myself laughing at that for ages. Imagine walking home and your suddenly sent on a train to Edinburgh. :lol:

What are you allowed to celebrate winning a league with now? Ribena?

South Yorkshire police did a similar thing to Sunderland fans last season. After a match against Barnsley they refused to let anyone go in the direction of Leeds - including people who lived in Leeds and the surrounding areas. This just resulted in a whole lot of seriously pissed off people having to go one stop south before boarding their train to Leeds. Madness.

Wonder if FIFA will ban everything after that spanish keeper was hit by a bottle of water thrown by a fan (Real Betis)

They've had bans given out in La Liga.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6406455.stm

East Fife have lost the tradition of taking Champagne into the bath and pouring it over the other players heads. Personally I'd rather drink it in the bath, the rest can pour it over me if they want though. I've got a dvd which has Paul Kane etc. in the bath/showers :lol: after getting 3rd place in 1998/99. I'm not sure if it was the review of the season dvd or the Saints vs. Dundee game to get 3rd place dvd. Paul Kane's son was in the interview scenes too so it must have got past the sensors. I think wives and girlfriends should be allowed in as well. It's only fair.