Stevie May

Aitchy

Have to say, after everything I said in our last debate on loans, both of the starters last night look like they maybe are ready for that step. I do agree that they'll most likely have to make do with reserve team football for Saints at the moment though.

Agreed, Was my first time seeing the younger guys and I was impressed. All that was missing from Reynolds shift was a goal and May took his brilliantly

I thought May looked pretty handy, as did Lindsay, look good prospects. Reynolds I was a bit dissapointed by, mainly due to all the hype, but he doesn't look ready for first team football yet on that showing, but obviously seasoned reserve watchers are more qualified to comment.

Reynolds I was a bit dissapointed by, mainly due to all the hype

Too much nonsense written about the kid. That Man Utd story was a very silly piece of journalism. Hopefully Del let the culprits know what he thought. Let him get on wi' things, away from peering eyes and he'll do fine. Calling for his introduction when our lead strikers are in a drought is crazy stuff.

They're U17s, it's a long game.

Have to say, after everything I said in our last debate on loans, both of the starters last night look like they maybe are ready for that step. I do agree that they'll most likely have to make do with reserve team football for Saints at the moment though.

Great to hear reports of these guys progressing and doing well, but all I'd say is never judge a youngster on his debut. Of all the young players I've seen appear in the Saints first team for the first time, I think they've pretty much all played brilliantly. I believe it's known in medical circles as Brendan Crozier Syndrome.

Not seen him play or much of the youths this term to be honest. Winning the U17 league must be a good sign though. I think if the ciaches remain the same for a while then perhaps this will do us good. Tommy C has a wealth of coaching experience whilst Wizard is showing the young ones how to do it on a Saturday. Cant be a bad combination. Fingers crossed for the next crop of youths. Maybe the next young defenders will be better that Willie Dyer etc.

Caddis has impressed me a lot.

And Blueheaven is spot on... let's not put too much hope on any of these lads. The only one I ever put 100% faith in has re-paid me well... MOONER, however others that I have belived in immensly have disapointed after an initial spurt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Some thought after the Hearts cup game that Stevie could potentially get a start on Saturday at Killie.

Although I disagreed...I don't think he is quite ready yet, was nice to see him getting pretty involved for the short time he was on at Rugby Park.

Looking more assured every time I see him.

he does need a hair cut tho.

We were talking about the players warming up at a home game and my younger brother actually said to me "Who's the guy that looks like Puyol?".

Definitely time for a haircut :laugh:

His hair is mental, reminds me of batigoles, wonder if he can play like him :)