Who's Next? The Summer Transfer Speculation Thread

McLean is not the answer. I've seen enough of him to say that. He couldn't even kick the ball against East Stirling pre-season.

If you want another honest opinion of him ask Bear :wink:

I thought he commanded his area well against Airdrie, he took all the high balls comfortably too (their tallest player was 5ft 8" mind you!). He even chucked in a token "tv" save for the cameras.

No, I don't think he's the answer either... yet

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he commanded his area well against Airdrie, he took all the high balls comfortably too (their tallest player was 5ft 8" mind you!). He even chucked in a token "tv" save for the cameras.

No, I don't think he's the answer either... yet

He couldn't even kick the ball at Airdrie as well. It was worse than Alan Mains kicks on a bad day. No way is he the answer.

10 times worse than Main. I wouldn't even make him 3rd choice. If he was to start in the SPL I would be seriously worried about us staying up.

Come on. What has the guy ever done to deserve this type of criticism? He played VERY well against Livi, was solid against Morton and then conceeded 3 to Dunfermline, none of which I would say he was at fault for. His next League match was against Airdrie where he made an exceptional save and had solid handling throughout.

Add in the two cup performances (which I missed, and by all accounts he didnt play brilliantly) then I'd say he's done, on average, fairly well. Considering he's not had a chance to play behind a solid, first choice defence I'd say in fact he's done pretty damn well for a young keeper. Give the boy a bloody chance.

Remember Alan Main was very average last season behind a shaky defence.

I want a keeper who can come into the team and I can have confidence in him. That doesn't apply to McLean. If we dont get another keeper and something happens to Main then we're in big trouble. I was worried about him in the 1st Division but now it's the Spl. I've seen enough of him to say this. It's just my opinion, you have a different one. That's life.

Come on. What has the guy ever done to deserve this type of criticism? He played VERY well against Livi, was solid against Morton and then conceeded 3 to Dunfermline, none of which I would say he was at fault for. His next League match was against Airdrie where he made an exceptional save and had solid handling throughout.

Add in the two cup performances (which I missed, and by all accounts he didnt play brilliantly) then I'd say he's done, on average, fairly well. Considering he's not had a chance to play behind a solid, first choice defence I'd say in fact he's done pretty damn well for a young keeper. Give the boy a bloody chance.

Remember Alan Main was very average last season behind a shaky defence.

Totally agree! He NEEDS confidence, I remember him being nervous in his first game against County and the fans jeered him then! He's only young and the reason for a Scotland Cap must surely mean something? I think if he had a decent run of games the lad would show the fans how good he really is.

Totally agree! He NEEDS confidence, I remember him being nervous in his first game against County and the fans jeered him then! He's only young and the reason for a Scotland Cap must surely mean something? I think if he had a decent run of games the lad would show the fans how good he really is.

I'm behind him too. Give him a chance. I fear that Main wont sign cause he thinks he's worth a 2 yr deal and GB wont give him that. Another keeper is req'd immediately if Main doesn't stay but if he does it could be good enough to give McLean a chance between the sticks against the big boys. :)

So the speculation continues...

A source has told me that last season Del tried to get Chris Maguire of Aberdeen on loan but Calderwood wasn't having it. Apparently the kid aint happy at the Dons cause he's being played well out of position.

I know he aint all that tall but he's a talent. Has anyone else heard this rumour and does anyone think we might go for him again?

So the speculation continues...

A source has told me that last season Del tried to get Chris Maguire of Aberdeen on loan but Calderwood wasn't having it. Apparently the kid aint happy at the Dons cause he's being played well out of position.

I know he aint all that tall but he's a talent. Has anyone else heard this rumour and does anyone think we might go for him again?

The boy has been a key figure in the Aberdeen side since christmas, and my flat mate an Aberdeen season ticket holder has been very impressed with him. They turned down a £300,000 offer from coventry last summer. So i'd rule this one out too.

10 times worse than Main. I wouldn't even make him 3rd choice. If he was to start in the SPL I would be seriously worried about us staying up.

Main's had 20+ years to get his kicking where it is just now! :laugh:

remember how bad it was in his first spell, he used to put the ball out the park 5 times a game.

I saw enough in McLean against Airdrie to make me think he has potential, he's not good enough yet though IMO

Main's had 20+ years to get his kicking where it is just now! :laugh:

remember how bad it was in his first spell, he used to put the ball out the park 5 times a game.

I saw enough in McLean against Airdrie to make me think he has potential, he's not good enough yet though IMO

If he plays then i'll have to get a large supply of nappies in cause everytime the ball goes near him I nearly shit myself with what he's going to do :wink:

I know what you will all be thinking when you read this thread;

"What a load of f**kin bullsh*t!"

But let me tell you I'm being deadly serious! I was down at the Arsenal game last weekend supporting my other champions! And in the pub before the game a couple of my mates and some other United guys I met up with began chatting about Macheda and it being reported he was being farmed out up here for the first 6 months of next season. This prompted my mates to tell them I was a St. Johnstone fan, and too my surprise and disbelief, the United fans said that we were one of three SPL clubs who were in for him!

They named us, Falkirk and Kilmarnock.

Now, since Fergie was a former Saint, and McInnes being pretty well respected down there, do you think this could possibly happen? And would he be a good signing?

Anyone that scores in the premiership and is on the bench in Man Utd Euro games would be an absolute gem.

I cant recall Fergie farming out many of his stars at a young age other than to fairly local teams.

If this happens, which I very very much doubt, then it would be massive. He's still only 17 though............

I suspect that this would also be a PR's Wet Dream.

would be amazing if he came here on loan but i really do not see this happening!

as Mike said, he hasnt really loaned players out up in Scotland. We play a differnet game up here to them down there in England, i can see him being loaned out to a championship side.