Who's Next? The Summer Transfer Speculation Thread

I always thought that Clydes idea a couple of years ago was great, players pay £50 (I think??) and they turn up for a couple of days and train, play matches and if any of them prove themself they have the possibilty of signing

Clyde unearthed a few gems if I remember, perhaps not suitable for a SPL club but I liked the thinking

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats interesting as Queen's fans seem to think he is now their most saleable asset. Problem is they are not desperate for money.
Will be well aware of our situation and I suspect us to go up a few notches. I suspect they might need the money. Remember they have to replace dobbie, who without him, may well have been relegated. everyone has a price - depends what the cover is like or who available to replace.

Will be well aware of our situation and I suspect us to go up a few notches. I suspect they might need the money. Remember they have to replace dobbie, who without him, may well have been relegated. everyone has a price - depends what the cover is like or who available to replace.

Maybe, wouldn't rule the signing out but there is a guy on P&B who seems reliable and honest and has knowledge of Queens, dunno if he is involved but Radford would, reckons that it would take at least £75K to move him.

Couple of tabloids today so nothing concrete. I have personally seen it in the News of the World (which doesnt mean much) but its in others too.

Cheers for that, would have missed it as it's not in any online versions. Can't see much chance of Queens doing business at that price as he's under contract for another couple of years and they are comfortable financially after the run to the Scottish Cup final last season.

I think he's the best left back in this league but if we are forced to go much higher, would rather have a go at getting Hanlon.

It's good to see Broon's got the cheque book out, it must have been a while since we spend 100k plus in any transfer window. Does anyone remember if this potential level of spending is usual for a newly promoted club, or if we are pushing the boat out a little?

I think he's the best left back in this league but if we are forced to go much higher, would rather have a go at getting Hanlon.

Interestingly Panty Liners is in the paper today saying he will have a very small budget if any. Might be time to go for Hanlon.

We need an established left back.

Also a keeper, (I liked the idea of Kasper Schmeichel perhaps on loan for a season from Man City, surely worth the cost of a phone call to Mark Hughes?)

Bring Back Doctor Goals to link up the forward line.

Homer signing for QOS would suggest lack of ambition, so glad he is away.

I'd imagine Homer was offered a deal based on him being a back up player next season in the SPL. I think it was best for all parties that he moved on, as he's managed to get himself the security of a 2 year deal, and I'm not sure he would've been able to cope in the SPL. We can also sign someone who isn't so limited technically (I'd love us to re-sign Deuchar, although I appreciate alot of others aren't so keen on that idea) who is more likely to score goals and cause SPL defenders a bit more bother.

Silly season because:

a. We can't afford his wages.

b. He plays for an established SPL team and would see it as step down.

Close this and start a Hahnemann thread:roll:

just because well can't afford his wages doesn't mean we can't as was the case with the 2 newbies

He won't come to us... but this is a tad unfair that McLean is just branded as useless now by some on here. He had an edgy first few games in our bad run, but was new to the team and hadn't fully settled. He will have grown from it and developed, i don't think he is the finished article but i feel he has improved and will push even more for starts next year. I have faith in him and i think Del does too. If Main does leave this summer then yes we need a replacement but if he doesn't then we can put a GK further down the wanted list and look for one over the season.