Player contracts and transfers

David123

Just me who loves a trialist? You see quality ranging from Dan Smith to Rowan Vine with no idea who they are

Vine scored a winner v Celtic.

I'll remember that more than anything else.

I'll leave it to others to greet about what he said and how he left, etc :)

Daily Record transfer news saying, Kyle Hutton (ex Rangers) defensive midfielder on trial as is Ross Clarke Linfield winger.

Due to injuries and Scobbie not good enough for defencive midfield, Hutton could be signed as cover on a free. Clarke on trial could also taken as Swanson may not be returning

I would doubt if there was any chance of Swanson coming. Mowbury will need til near end of transfer window to asses him & even if he doesn't want to keep him they will require a fee which Saints will not pay.If he does become available there will probably others that will pay.

Once more, any evidence to back up these claims? For my part, though I'd prefer a different type of striker (a Sandaza or a May), I do think Sutton will get a good haul of goals if he's given chances. But I haven't heard even his biggest fans come close to suggesting much beyond that.

i could scroll back throught the threads a post quotes but ive got a life. its just a general consensus on here IMO that he's not going to do much running and link up etc but if we put it in the box he'll score chances

Roman Vine was an excellent, classy player who despite lacking a bit of fitness added a lot to our side who finished 3rd. Whilst I've no idea what he'd be like as a player right now (though I'd be willing to give him a try) I would take the Rowan Vine we signed over any of our attacking players right now with the exception of Michael O'Halloran. Couldn't care less about what he said when he dumped him without letting him know and in all honesty we probably deserved it.

Wonder what Kyle ?

Wonder if you should make TW aware perhaps.....

What are you waiting for?

Judging by the trialists, we're after a central midfielder. I'd imagine if Dunne is available, either Portsmouth or Dunne's agent would get in touch with Saints to let us know considering we made a bid for him last summer. He clearly fits into our squad well, is liked by the manager and the chairman and is reasonably assured in midfield.

I wonder if this might be the one we end up with in short.

In a season I can't imagine he's changed his mind about moving to Scotland though.

Plenty clubs in that area will be interested I would imagine. For the reasons you have said. He has good qualities.

I agree. Think it was totally non football reasons that he opted to stay down there for.

Though you never know. Really liked him though and would happily have him back at Saints.

Just checked out Vine's career stats and his strike rate has always been appalling except for his spell at Luton.

Why judge him on anything other than his time at Saints? We know from watching him week in week out how good he is, so no point in looking up how he played years ago for Birmingham and Gillingham. He's not a massive goal scorer anyway, he's more similar to O'Halloran in that he'd play between midfield and attack, creating as well as scoring.

Why judge him on anything other than his time at Saints? We know from watching him week in week out how good he is, so no point in looking up how he played years ago for Birmingham and Gillingham. He's not a massive goal scorer anyway, he's more similar to O'Halloran in that he'd play between midfield and attack, creating as well as scoring.

How about when he furthered his career and moved to a bigger better club ?