Pubs in Perth that are long gone

25e Ainslie Place

Cant be ersed reading all the posts...is the Lamplight still around (I used to work there)? Played for a team that was sponsored by the Railway Tavern years ago, down the side of the Queens Hotel - many a quality night in there. Used to invite the opposition back for a few bevvies and it would turn into a darts / pool challenge with the boozer supplying quality nosh for the troops

Not enough pubs with a dartboard and a (proper) pool table these days

Cant be ersed reading all the posts...is the Lamplight still around (I used to work there)? Played for a team that was sponsored by the Railway Tavern years ago, down the side of the Queens Hotel - many a quality night in there. Used to invite the opposition back for a few bevvies and it would turn into a darts / pool challenge with the boozer supplying quality nosh for the troops

Not enough pubs with a dartboard and a (proper) pool table these days

whats wrong wi sayin' Tay Thistle :laugh:

lamplights now Donskies - yer obviously as lazy a reader as you were a player :wink:

Has the Riverside been mentioned ? (canna be arsed reading every post ya hoor) Mind i went into that place when i was totally pished,and got chased out by a load of bikers.

Yeah the Riverside famous for the Jolt club night and after that Flip Cartoon?

Remember going to see, This Poison play there when the were the flavour of the week in the music press.

I also remember going to a meeting of the Perth Computer Club there when I was at school, now that is sad!

had a walk through town on way home yesterday evenig and half the pubs in the town were closed, is this due to the old-squirm being played? i recon it is! and its all very well glasgow cops deciding on an early kick off so`s they get less bother, but what about the rest of the towns in scotland having to put up with these morons that appear in the town every time they play?

anyway, rant over! i heard the mallard was closed, dont know if thats been posted! but like a previous poster- i cant be arsed looking through the thread:laugh:

• 4 years later...

Ah the memories here. My first pub pint was in the Vic in 1970s when I was 14. I also remember the High Level and the dingy one just round the corner, Lamplight was it?

The Grampian on Sunday afternoons. Robert Halpern made this daft burd crunch away on an onion thinking it was an apple. Ali Rennie pishin' himself laughin at some hypnotised guy gettin up to dance the CanCan hours after the show ended. Jane's ugly dug.

Tellin people ye didnae like to meet ye at the Friarton Inn.

Sex with some ginger haired Stanley lassie in the toilet at the Silver Broom.

The log bar in the Yorkie, and a mass brawl with the Craigie boys.

The Half a Tanner when it was the steeple.

Fighting half the Inchhead fitba team in the Sally after we won the Norrie Miller Cup.

The best of all - "CogieOke" at the Market bar with all the minkers dressed up to the nines "once ah wis afraiddddd - ah wis petri fy i i d"....brilliant days.

The Silver Broom.

Now called Cargo.

• 3 weeks later...

BC's post of 2010 sums it up a fair bit for me!

Is the Bee Bar still there?

I remember the Auld Hoose when they took orders for meat. "Black and Tan and a pund o mince!" Can't remember the names of the old lads behind the bar, but they knew their trade. The meat was supplied by Tay Valley Meats - just wondering if they are still trading? 

BC's post of 2010 sums it up a fair bit for me!

Is the Bee Bar still there?

I remember the Auld Hoose when they took orders for meat. "Black and Tan and a pund o mince!" Can't remember the names of the old lads behind the bar, but they knew their trade. The meat was supplied by Tay Valley Meats - just wondering if they are still trading? 

There was enough off them on a Saturday, remember the report in Pub spy in the Sunday Mail , Service was like military precision.

The Glennie was still on the go around 1973.

I had a pint in there with my old man, when I was about 17, and home on leave.  I remember it well, as it was the only time I had a drink with him in a boozer.

He died when I was 19, and I was stationed in Germany.