Twenty Years Ago Today

Radford 72

Ticket prices should be slashed heavily, can't the clubs think of something where season ticket prices will be e.g. a third price if we sell 6k season tickets at McD but if it looks like we will only sell the normal amount... 2k? then prices remain the same. Probably a bit confusing but I think its important to take advantage of our current success and try and get more folk through the turnstyles. Otherwise we might be back in the lower echelons of division 1 and thinking 'what if'

In the East Stand for this game, still remember it to this day! What a fantastic game, superb skill from Zorro and Guru Josh on the tannoy at half time!!

I remember consoling their centre half Derek Grant in my local that night, happy days indeed!

Really was a great day,brought a team up from Glenrothes and humped McCarry one nils team from Perth on the Astro before having a swally in the 208 then onto the match.Even had a wee scrap with section b'ers up the back of what was the subaru garage,what a day!!

aye right Davie:wink: we humped youse 4-3 . A great great day:D

Would be good to go back to 1989/90 gate prices just for one game before the end of this season...:cool:

I think it was £3.50 for a bairn to get into the East Stand if my memory serves me well...:?:

Hell, i'd even back-comb my hair again just for the craic!

(I draw the line at wearing my Saints shell-suit though. Would probably be banned anyway due to it being a fire hazard!)

Edited by 1884

Would be good to go back to 1989/90 gate prices just for one game before the end of this season...:cool:

I think it was £3.50 for a bairn to get into the East Stand if my memory serves me well...:?:

(I draw the line at wearing my Saints shell-suit though. Would probably be banned anyway due to it being a fire hazard!)

I liked it :wink:

Watched the game again recently and it was great to see real tackle flying in, if the game was played with todays laws and refs we would have had nothing but stoppages and cards branded.

Still remember the game as if it was yesterday, it was my first in the main stand and I shut my eyes at the penalty

• 11 years later...
On 3/31/2010 at 10:53 PM, Finners said:

how come we got 10,000 then and now we struggle to get above 5k

Think for the same fixture in the Premier a few seasons later we got about 4,000 . By this time the board had put the prices up and folk protested with their feet . Oh and they took season ticket holders out the east stand for games against the old firm and if you complained you got told if you don’t like it don’t come back . Quite a lot didn’t. 

On 4/2/2010 at 3:36 PM, 1884 said:

20220213_215417.thumb.jpg.d18a9beefa382fdc450d743bf70d0bb9.jpg

On 4/3/2010 at 1:36 AM, 1884 said:

Imagine a day of genuine 89/90 prices including food and grog, surely the last home game of the season it could be we are playing to stay up,  it would be a good way to get a decent crowd in, especially as we don’t play sexy footy these days

On 4/1/2010 at 7:56 AM, Dr Christmas Jones said:
Harry Curran said:
Superb

A few observations:

1) How good was Maskrey that day?

2) Forgot about Roddy goading the Airdrie fans when he scored

3) Airdrie paid £175k in 1990 for Coyle???? That must be about a million in todays money, no wonder scottish fitba is fecked

anyone have a link to goals from the 7-2 game?

If Gavin Swankie wants to know what a real winger looks like.Del should give him a few dvds with Moorey,Maskrey and maybe even Jenko to watch.

Wonder where this cheeky chap went 

On 4/1/2010 at 8:29 PM, Bruno Strasser said:

An outstanding game - its imprinted on my mind. Stevie Grays goal was a belter - but what belief that team had !

I still have the game on VHS in pristine condition courtesy of BBC sportscene. Dougie Donnelly introducing the programme and Alsitair Alexander on the commentry. Brilliant!