#37 - 02/04/11 - Saints 0-0 Kilmarnock - SPL

Was stunned how poor Killie were - particularly the much vaunted Eremenko. Absolutely dominated the game, in particular the second half, and there couldn't have been any complaints if we'd won by two or three.

Interested to see the two big penalty shouts again - hard to tell with the keeper on Peaso, but the fact that every single Saints player went up with a big appeal as one for the Robertson incident might tell the story.

It's a shame it came to that though - we shouldn't have needed a penalty to get the goal yesterday.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not had time to read everyone's thoughts but I thought it was a decent game yesterday - all it lacked was some goals for us. We made more than enough chances, hit the woodwork, had two very good penalty claims turned down against a killie side that set out for a draw (Accie-esque timewasting antics included).

Muzz and Millar were excellent - interesting to see all the Saints players show more confidence and build from the back. Sammy and Peaso were both unlucky not to score - Doobs effort was just a centre-half's shot. Robertson looked decent when he came on - good to see a striker that won't let himself be shoved about.

The goals will come soon, I'm sure of it.

Spot on Temple, pity about the usual saturday moaning brigade!!

The only thing I will say is that the Killie time-wasting was appalling and the fact that the muppet in black never even pulled them for it was disgraceful - I timed one of their goal-kicks at 95 seconds and that was with the keeper getting the ball back as soon as it went out of play!!

And a second only one point, Eremenko is only allowed to be good because nobody can go with a yard of the donkey without him hitting the deck, he and a couple of his team-mates should be ashamed of their theatrical diving.:sad:

Was stunned how poor Killie were - particularly the much vaunted Eremenko. Absolutely dominated the game, in particular the second half, and there couldn't have been any complaints if we'd won by two or three.

Did Killie get into our 18-yard-box in the second 45mins - not often that's for sure? Eremenko and Taouil are unquestionably good players, but possibly 'luxuries' when on the park together. Whatever anyone on this forum says Miller and Davidson ate them up. I thought Saints were always in control. We had three chances in one goalmouth scramble alone. Bad luck not a bad day.

Glad to see that Soulful, Temple and Tranmere were all ta the same game as I was yesterday, having had another read through some of the comments rom andrew and others i was beginning to wonder if the match was a dream.

It was a boring 0-0 draw, as I predicted. I wish I had taken part in the prediction league this year! :D

We created chances and dominated the game, but only got a point. Big problems up front.

I didn't think it was boring at all. O K we didn't score again and that is a big problem but there were a lot of positives to take from the game. The defence was never troubled and Davidson and Millar are a great partnership and totally ruled the midfield against a much vaunted Killie team, I know people say you make your own luck but I really feel we need a wee break in front of goal.

It was a boring 0-0 draw, as I predicted. I wish I had taken part in the prediction league this year! :D

We created chances and dominated the game, but only got a point. Big problems up front.

Not boring at all. Played really well and did everything but put the ball in the net.

Not too concerned about not scoring today. I think we were just unlucky today and if we can keep up this standard for the rest of the season I for one will be really happy.

As far as I could see the goalie made at least 2 good saves ,we hit the bar & at least one cleared off the line yet the paper said we had one shot on target. This was after listing all the above.

Obviously the guy that gets paid to do the the stats is not the reporter.

Are you one of the brigade who run off to P&B with quotes like this, when Wapper's don't agree with your opinion:roll:

Over on WAP meanwhile, Chris Millar's MotM votes escalate off the scale almost as far as his passing fell off the the other end of the scale.

Did I see a different game.

You didn't get any support there either, and yes, you did see a different game:razz:

Not looking for support.

Don't see the need to be personal, antagonistic, judgmental or insulting over an opinion on a football match.

Take a deep breath. Count to ten. Let it go. Feel better?

Should of been a penalty for the goalies foul on peaso, the expresses picture proves this, arms around his legs.

Guys on the radio said it looked a penalty.

Good on Messrs Newell and Hughton if they were just taking in a random game but you'd think guys like that would have headed to Ibrox if they just wanted a game to watch.

Like alot of other WAPers I thought we played really well.If we had scored 2 or 3 goals with those chances yesterday I don't think people would of thought we were boring.Enks was superb collecting everything with ease(apart from fatty's cross in the second half),defence looked solid throughout and midfield were immense.The two strikers worked hard and I suppose were just unlucky,again.

I've said on another thread that our strikers this season,haven't been in the right place at the right time.Jackson seems to have the ability to find space and time in the box but maybe his work rate isn't the same as Sammy and Peaso.Jordan should get a chance now as Mayzo looks like he will be used sparingly.

I know no-one is saying it but apart from our lack of goals,the balance in the team looks very good.Everyone is putting in a shift and in two weeks time,one of the most important games in the clubs history.

There is no doubt that the last 23 years following Saints have been the best time to support the club with great league success,magnificent cup runs and European trips.

The only thing missing is major cup win which in my opinion is capable this year.

Believe

What a good and dutiful wife you are :D

Seriously though, the photo of Peaso in the papers yesterday throwing his arms up in the air when the keeper caught his legs...as soon as the ref saw those arms reaching skywards he would've made his decision. If Peaso had only just fallen down naturally...:neutral:

Seriously though, the photo of Peaso in the papers yesterday throwing his arms up in the air when the keeper caught his legs...as soon as the ref saw those arms reaching skywards he would've made his decision. If Peaso had only just fallen down naturally...:neutral:

I know :neutral: I didn't make the game on Saturday, but thought exactly the same thing when I watched the highlights last night :roll: