#11 - 28/09/11 - Hibs 3-2 Saints - SPL

Turning point was Sandaza not squaring to Jody for a tap in to put us 2-1 up.... that goes in and i reckon we would have got 4 or 5.

Cannot fault anyone tonight - decent performance that would have easily got a point if it wasn't for that dive. Shocking dive really.

O Connor himself came in at full time and couldnt believe the ref gave it. Sums up saints luck sometimes...

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frustrating night. Hibs are not great defensively and I felt we didn't pressure them high enough up the pitch to try and force them into mistakes. Didn't move the ball around quick enough and ended up playing it too tight a lot of the time. Shame because with a little bit of inspiration they were there to be beaten. Jody and Liam both had good games. Cillians turn for his goal was superb. Fran looked a bit off it tonight. Didn't get a view of the penalty as it was down the other end, but my Hibee brother in law was doubtful as to whether it was or not...

Disagree that they are terrible and a 1 man team. The match could have gone either way and, as I said, at times we were overrun down our right.

I think that I'm comparing them to past Hibs teams and what a team of Hibs' size should be. With their lovely stadium and being a capital city team in my mind they should be brilliant. But they really aren't. I'd love to see how they cope if GOC gets injured, or jailed, or something!

shows how far we've come when im gutted we lost a close match at easter rd.

sproules pace caused us lots of problems and we looked vulnerable to the break away.

as a whole though i thought we were the better team and dominated the game.

i havent seen the pen incident yet but del was pretty vocal that it was a dive and with the ref so close it makes you wonder what these idiots in black are actually getting paid for.

would have liked to have seen the 2 changes made with 15-20 mins to go as you could feel our equalizer was on its way unfortunately the clock beat us. was sure the the second Millar curled that shot it was in but it wasnt to be

im now feeling confident about killie now we got that inevitable defeat out the way

Deserved at least a draw last night but SAS weren't on fire. Defensively we did ok (haven't seen any TV pix yet) and while O'Cokehead was a problem I was more concerned with the way Mackay was exposed so much at right back - he was caught for pace several times last night and it echoed the problems he had at Paisley.

Jody didn't put a foot wrong last night but IMHO Sunday's team deserved to start - they were the form team. Morris takes his time on the ball and rarely gives it away but I felt we'd lost a bit of out counterattacking ability with him on the park - there was a lack of urgency going forward.

Can't fault the effort of anyone in the team though and a good travelling support as well.

It wont change the result -but why cant the SFA/SPL use TV evidence to look at the "dive" and do what they did against Naismith and issue an immediate ban on GOC for simulation -The referee was conned and if you look back the SFA etc condemned the diving antics of several international players who were guilty in games against Scotland.

Not bitterly dissapointed this morning. I think a lot of us expected a Hibs reaction and would have grabbed a point before the game. Sounds like we should most likely have got that point anyway. Onwards and Upwards. With Hearts getting Celtic and Midden away at Caley, we still have a chance to grab that 4th spot this weekend.

Interesting to see a Scottish side start 4-3-3, haven't seen that for a while although we ended up that way ourselves at the end. Alex Totten did in his day untl Andy Rhodes came and Cherry went to the back line.

One narrow defeat in four or five league games is European qualification form and definitely top six. I'm optimistic but we'll have a lapse now and again.

Cant quite believe we lost that. McKay had a poorish match and allowed Sproule who was pish to cut inside and score,and our central defence just did not mark up for the second.The pen ? too far away for me to judge but two Hibby pals agree it was questionable. Jody had a good game but our final pass to Sandaza or Sheridan was usually too poor or too telegraphed.Ian Murray got away with murder all night long and as for the stand side linesman was he really at the game ? Disappointing but lets move on.Just because they scraped past us does not hide the fact that Hibs are shite.

i didn't think Hibs were that bad, they seem to me to be an improving team. Thought at the time it was a blatant dive for the penalty and would like to see it again.It does show how improved we are that I was really disappointed that we lost what I thought was a great game. Hibs fans I was listening to after the game were pleased to beat us as they thought we are a good team.