new manager

bankfoot saint

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Harry Curran's Love child
Yeah, me too. I think he must be scouting for someone. I also thought I saw Gary McSwegan as well yesterday....second game in a row as he was definitely at the Utd game.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/sfl/2009/06/25/i-want-to-move-into-coaching-says-ex-rangers-striker-gary-mcswegan-86908-21469748/

Uh oh

McSwegan has been working for Saints for a couple of seasons doing scouting.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/st-johnstone/2010/05/26/spies-were-vital-to-st-johnstone-s-spl-survival-says-boss-derek-mcinnes-86908-22286162/

John Connelly was working for the SPL as a match day delegate

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=10743&back=home

Edited by mainstand

Remember when Sturrock was appointed he was paired with John Blackley, an older, more experienced manager to help him. With Lomas being in the same position but with the added problem with being new to Scottish football, I wonder if Geoff will try and get him to go with an Blackley.

Actually, it had also crossed my mind that John Blackley would still make a good assistant to a younger, less experienced manager (if that's the route we go down). He took a lot of credit for the tightness of our defence during the Sturrock years: i wonder if he's still on good terms with Geoff Brown, and what his contract situation is at Stirling Albion. I'd love to see a Dasovic-Blackley combo at the helm.

Actually, it had also crossed my mind that John Blackley would still make a good assistant to a younger, less experienced manager (if that's the route we go down). He took a lot of credit for the tightness of our defence during the Sturrock years: i wonder if he's still on good terms with Geoff Brown, and what his contract situation is at Stirling Albion. I'd love to see a Dasovic-Blackley combo at the helm.

I'm with that if it's possible.

I have a strong feeling Dasovic is on the shortlist. Last I rumour I heard that GB wanted to interview two more candidates- if that's true it would a) suggest our shortlist included four candidates, which is believable and B) its taking longer to arrange the other interviews.

Possible this would be due to either the person being in employment or maybe is based further afield?

I still think our future manager will be someone that has not been mentioned.

I have a strong feeling Dasovic is on the shortlist. Last I rumour I heard that GB wanted to interview two more candidates- if that's true it would a) suggest our shortlist included four candidates, which is believable and B) its taking longer to arrange the other interviews.

Possible this would be due to either the person being in employment or maybe is based further afield?

I still think our future manager will be someone that has not been mentioned.

So Lomas, Dasovic and who else ????