Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dont see the big thing about the shares. I would have assumed they would of have to have been sold anyway when the administrators have to raise some funds.

Regardless of whether the administrators would have insisted on them being sold, did Craig Whyte have the right to sell them in the first place ??

I have two Gooner mates here in Athens and tehy are furious who the shares have been sold to, rather than have been sold back to the Supporter share owning base.

Regardless of whether the administrators would have insisted on them being sold, did Craig Whyte have the right to sell them in the first place ??

I have two Gooner mates here in Athens and tehy are furious who the shares have been sold to, rather than have been sold back to the Supporter share owning base.

Tell them to support a team that isn't a plc then.

Things seem to be getting worse for them by the day. Looks like the "Small" tax case may be more than the initial £9million, possibly £15million.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-17146506

Coupled with the bigger one it ain't looking good for them.

I am trying to find sympathy for them, but the only place i can find it is in the dictionary. Somewhere between the words Sh** and Syphilis.:twisted:

Things seem to be getting worse for them by the day. Looks like the "Small" tax case may be more than the initial £9million, possibly £15million.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-17146506

Coupled with the bigger one it ain't looking good for them.

I am trying to find sympathy for them, but the only place i can find it is in the dictionary. Somewhere between the words Sh** and Syphilis.:twisted:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Here's another giggle

23 pages worth so far of a club that everyone wants to see go down.

Be careful what you wish for

For the sake of Scottish Football whatever you may think of their fans.

A lot of clubs , 1 I know of for sure, has already started making contingency plans for downsizing.

I take your point Henry....but this is could be an opportunity for scottish football to move in a new direction. The two things that have been strangling the life out of Scottish football are TV money and old firm dominance. A possible outcome from all this could be ridding us of both. There will be another round of short term restructuring, not a bad thing. Football clubs never make money, millions of investment = millions of debt every time.

As for Rangers, a considerable cultural advance to dissolve that institution, good for Scotland, and not just the football!

While I don't see Rangers going to the wall altogether if they did the SPL would be in deep doo-doo. Realistically the TV money and the money that comes along with a fixture against Rangers would be the difference between profit or loss (or loss and more loss) with the other clubs. Particularly those who aren't fighting near the top of the division. At the moment all the clubs have budgeted for the revenue from the TV deal and I would assume that with no Rangers, we'd be lucky to have one at all. You may say that would be no bad thing, getting people back to the grounds rather than watching on TV. However, I'm not convinced that the increase in support would bring in anywhere near the money 'lost' from Rangers going.

That would mean a return to part time footy for a number of clubs and a drop in quality at least for a spell (and the quality ain't that great as it is).

Also the league title would be even more boring that it has been. Celtic would have that pretty much to themselves.

While I don't see Rangers going to the wall altogether if they did the SPL would be in deep doo-doo. Realistically the TV money and the money that comes along with a fixture against Rangers would be the difference between profit or loss (or loss and more loss) with the other clubs. Particularly those who aren't fighting near the top of the division. At the moment all the clubs have budgeted for the revenue from the TV deal and I would assume that with no Rangers, we'd be lucky to have one at all. You may say that would be no bad thing, getting people back to the grounds rather than watching on TV. However, I'm not convinced that the increase in support would bring in anywhere near the money 'lost' from Rangers going.

That would mean a return to part time footy for a number of clubs and a drop in quality at least for a spell (and the quality ain't that great as it is).

Also the league title would be even more boring that it has been. Celtic would have that pretty much to themselves.

what a defeatest attitude.WE DO NOT NEED THE OLD FIRM,they have been the tail wagging the dog and strangling scottish football forever.

I take your point Henry....but this is could be an opportunity for scottish football to move in a new direction. The two things that have been strangling the life out of Scottish football are TV money and old firm dominance. A possible outcome from all this could be ridding us of both. There will be another round of short term restructuring, not a bad thing. Football clubs never make money, millions of investment = millions of debt every time.

As for Rangers, a considerable cultural advance to dissolve that institution, good for Scotland, and not just the football!

i agree with ye.

23 pages worth so far of a club that everyone wants to see go down.

Be careful what you wish for

For the sake of Scottish Football whatever you may think of their fans.

A lot of clubs , 1 I know of for sure, has already started making contingency plans for downsizing.

private fraser

If Rangers were relegated to the 3rd division, every club in the SFL would be given a shot in the arm from the crowds and Rangers fans who have their blue noses rubbed in the s***, a suitable 'act of contrition':wink: for decades of triuphalistic glee. (which now looks to be achieved by cheating!)

It is interesting to note the apocalyptic verve of Jim Traynor, and Chic Young etc, at the thought of an SPL which is a 'one horse race'....don't remember the same discourse whilst Rangers cantered to 9 titles in row...in fact they all had boners, droolling over how Rangers can 'field 3 teams of internationals' and are 'untouchable domestically'.

Scottish football will survive with or without Rangers, and lest we forget they want to leave and have been trying to leave for over a decade...they don't give a phuc about scottish football!