Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You are entitled to that viewpoint, worth considering every single person inside Hampden will think otherwise though.

Well, yes, it's special to the people inside the stadium because they're watching their own teams play. Just like it's special to me when I'm watching a big or important St Johnstone match - but I don't expect everyone else in the world to get excited about it.

I've always been baffled by why I'm apparently supposed to consider an "Old Firm" match to be some sort of special event that I should be cacking myself with excitement about, purely because I happen to be Scottish and a football fan. As a supporter of neither of those two teams, it's no more "special" to me than Arbroath v Albion Rovers or any other random fixture you could mention. I was never interested in watching it when it was Celtic v Rangers, so I can't see myself starting now that it's Celtic v Sevco.

It's a fine fact to throw about but not a very intelligent one given the same applies from every sporting event from The Ashes to Wrestlemania.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-24173811

Who even watches cricket? Wrestlemanias an American pantomime is it no?

No one ever did anything stoned, nothing against it as I smoked it for 10 years but managed to achieve **** all with my life soon as I stopped an took off the rose tinted glasses I got the job I wanted and life I wanted. And still drink like a fish.

No one ever did anything stoned

Led Zeppelin called to say hello.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-24173811

Who even watches cricket? Wrestlemanias an American pantomime is it no?

1 billion Indians would like a word. I'll give you the WWE comment though. It's a bit strange to be watching that over the age of 12.

I've always been baffled by why I'm apparently supposed to consider an "Old Firm" match to be some sort of special event that I should be cacking myself with excitement about

I don't know I just find, as a fan of Scottish Football, it's a marquee event that I like to take part in the viewing off. Like my parents who don't follow football but find themselves watching The World Cup. I just find people like you who actively try to trash the event quite bemusing. I take it you spend the same amount of effort downplaying The Six Nations or The World Series? Or let me guess, you just have a go at Old Firm derbys because it gives you another way to channel your extreme and nonsensical hatred of Rangers and Celtic?

Edited by craiginasaintsstrip

In fact, great point made, if the current Rangers FC are actually Sevco and not Rangers, isn't a bit narrow minded of you to despise their existence. If it's a new club, surely you should give them a fresh start, no?

A new club that has spent 3 years doing the same things as the old club. Trying to buy trophys. That is why no one apart from you supporters respect them.

I cant wait for both teams and their fans to discrace themselves so that more and more people can begin to realise that Scottish football would be a better place without them

I also feel sorry for those that will be the victims of the peak in domestic violence that ALWAYS occurs after games between these two utterly despicable clubs

It's a documented fact that domestic violence increases after this fixture, no matter the score. Emergency services will be at full stretch.

I hope it rains..... heavily. Suspect that's what the gendamerie will be hoping.

Can't wait for the Old Firm match on Sunday. Not expecting a great advert for Scottish Football but you can't deny its a special occasion when these 2 teams meet.

Sorry mate have to disagree with you on that one. I don't see the attraction of parading one's bigotry in private or public.

I never see the game as a glamour tie!

I support Saints, I was born & bred in Perth & look on my team with some civic pride?

That's why I don't get the Celtic, Rangers 'thing'. Probably half of each of their support weren't born or live in Glasgow so no civic attachment there? Therefore I can only presume it's the 'Catholic' 'Protestant' dimension that makes supporting them attractive? All of which is abhorrent & depressing in this day and age!

Give me my wee team any day of the week!

Walter's saying "Scottish football has missed" the Celtic-Rangers matches.

I think the attendances over the past couple of years help give the lie to that. Being dragged into the dark ages four times a year - no thanks. I only hope there's no trouble on Sunday.

You can bet there will be trouble! How it is reported is another matter!

I don't know I just find, as a fan of Scottish Football, it's a marquee event that I like to take part in the viewing off. Like my parents who don't follow football but find themselves watching The World Cup. I just find people like you who actively try to trash the event quite bemusing. I take it you spend the same amount of effort downplaying The Six Nations or The World Series? Or let me guess, you just have a go at Old Firm derbys because it gives you another way to channel your extreme and nonsensical hatred of Rangers and Celtic?

I trash the event because I see it as an extremely negative part of Scottish society and something that I do not wish to support or be associated with. Why would I see the Six Nations or World Series in those terms? I have no issue with those. I have no issue with large sporting events in general. You seem to have decided that my hatred of "Rangers" and Celtic is nonsensical purely because you happen to disagree with it, but I could give you many, many considered and rational reasons why I choose to dislike them.

If "nonsensical hatred" is something that you have an issue with, perhaps you should look again at some of the views you yourself have expressed on this forum (that those whose beliefs you don't like should be made to leave the country, for example).

In fact, great point made, if the current Rangers FC are actually Sevco and not Rangers, isn't a bit narrow minded of you to despise their existence. If it's a new club, surely you should give them a fresh start, no?

I'd have been happy to give them a fresh start if they hadn't taken it upon themselves to take on the name and history of a deceased club and claim their identity, but at the same time refuse to take any responsibility for that deceased club's debts. I'd also have been happy to give them a fresh start if they chose to live within their means and behave with some sporting integrity instead of spending money they don't have and cheating their way up the leagues in order to take up a position in Scottish football that they misguidedly believe is their right. Sevco had a terrific opportunity to leave behind the many wrongs of Rangers, make a clean break from the dead club's generations of institutionalised cheating, and work their way back up the leagues in a fair and proper way, but it has been their choice not to do that - no one else's.

Are you of the opinion that there is nothing wrong with the way Sevco have behaved since their formation?

As a fore runner to The The against Septic, heard today that Perth Polis have been visiting Perth hostelries, advising Landlords to close their pubs at 6 pm on Sunday.

You can read into this what you like, but I'm thinking that all available Scotland Police will be deployed in Glasgow, thus there being inadequate cover should trouble arise in our City.