Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Barton told to stay away from I broke for at least another week.

Interesting to see how they get out of paying him his £20grand a week.May have to sack him for speaking to media without permission or for illegal betting.

It can't be for the betting alone. Steve Simonson anyone? 2 match ban one suspended and he was at it mair than Joey Barton.

Barton told to stay away from I broke for at least another week.

Interesting to see how they get out of paying him his £20grand a week.May have to sack him for speaking to media without permission or for illegal betting.

Been trying to get a handle on the Joey situation from one or two of the "peepul's" forums.  No easy task I can tell you.  However, a recurring theme is that the training ground bust up did not involve fisticuffs but was simply Joey suggesting to MW that his defensive plans for the Celtic match could have been better.  Now admittedly he did not quite put it like that and MW did not take kindly to the suggestion that he is not the tactical genius the Ayebroke PR machine has been claiming but that is all there was to it.

Nonetheless MW wants rid but so far the lawyers have not been able to justify a sacking, nor has Joey ( who wants to go) been able to find another club willing to take him on in January. So we have an impasse with another weeks banishment the best the lawyers (or perhaps just one - money is tight after all) can come up with in the Micawberish hope that "something might turn up".  Fascinating. 

Although with the US Presidential election we are somewhat spoilt for choice at the moment.

I've watched both debates in horrified fascination and you're right, the feeling is very similar to observing Sevco's multiple meltdowns. Trump comes across very much like a Sevco/UKIP type: the ludicrous hubris and entitlement coupled with appalling personal conduct and an inability to construct even the simplest of coherent sentences due to the insurmountable challenge of terminal stupidity. Clinton would be Celtic: pretty rank herself, but if you absolutely, absolutely had to choose, you'd choose her.

Been trying to get a handle on the Joey situation from one or two of the "peepul's" forums.  No easy task I can tell you.  However, a recurring theme is that the training ground bust up did not involve fisticuffs but was simply Joey suggesting to MW that his defensive plans for the Celtic match could have been better.  Now admittedly he did not quite put it like that and MW did not take kindly to the suggestion that he is not the tactical genius the Ayebroke PR machine has been claiming but that is all there was to it.

Nonetheless MW wants rid but so far the lawyers have not been able to justify a sacking, nor has Joey ( who wants to go) been able to find another club willing to take him on in January. So we have an impasse with another weeks banishment the best the lawyers (or perhaps just one - money is tight after all) can come up with in the Micawberish hope that "something might turn up".  Fascinating. 

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10614709/rangers-refuse-barton-question

Found this quite amusing.  Jabba the *** still pulling the strings.

There are rumours that GCC have asked TRFC specific questions concerning the structural soundness of three stands at Ibrox following months of speculation and comment in the blogosphere that they are in dire need of urgent maintenance.

On the same subject, but a new development, there are further rumours (and they are only rumours at this point in time) and chat on facebook that suggests CFC may be witholding sales of tickets for the up and coming ne'erday match at said stadium until it can be confirmed that their fans will be proceeding to a stadium that is structurally sound.

I would hope that any club who's fans are likely to be visiting that ground in the near future will be keeping abreast of any developments.

Atlantic league back on lets hope it dosent take years to set up.

Have a look at the discussion on Bears Den on this, which is astonishingly quite intelligent and informative. Whole posts don't call for Catholics to be slaughtered. There's no way we'd be invited to join it. What would the Scottish League look like without it, and could we survive as a FT team at McD?

Interesting idea. It would be brilliant for Scottish football.......unless, of course, it meant there would be NO Scottish football at higher than HL standard. My own view is that, if Saints could re-format to survive, it would be fantastic, competitive football, but at a significantly lower level. I could live with that.

There are rumours that GCC have asked TRFC specific questions concerning the structural soundness of three stands at Ibrox following months of speculation and comment in the blogosphere that they are in dire need of urgent maintenance.

On the same subject, but a new development, there are further rumours (and they are only rumours at this point in time) and chat on facebook that suggests CFC may be witholding sales of tickets for the up and coming ne'erday match at said stadium until it can be confirmed that their fans will be proceeding to a stadium that is structurally sound.

I would hope that any club who's fans are likely to be visiting that ground in the near future will be keeping abreast of any developments.

Regarding the above.

It appears that the rumours were in fact wishful thinking by many with probably a vested interest.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/health_safety_certificate_ibrox

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10614709/rangers-refuse-barton-question

Found this quite amusing.  Jabba the *** still pulling the strings.

Fascinating, Jabba is the living embodiment of why we don't like Rangers.  MW is clearly thinking to himself "what the hell am I doing managing this car crash of a club".

Have a look at the discussion on Bears Den on this, which is astonishingly quite intelligent and informative. Whole posts don't call for Catholics to be slaughtered. There's no way we'd be invited to join it. What would the Scottish League look like without it, and could we survive as a FT team at McD?

Interesting idea. It would be brilliant for Scottish football.......unless, of course, it meant there would be NO Scottish football at higher than HL standard. My own view is that, if Saints could re-format to survive, it would be fantastic, competitive football, but at a significantly lower level. I could live with that.

Why would it be a lower level?

Why would it be a lower level?

Without Celtic and Sevco, and possibly Hearts and Aberdeen if it has two leagues, there would be little or no TV money, probably no European football, lower attendances, and surely lower ticket prices. More like the Irish leagues. Most decent players would go down south. Many might not bother with full time football.