Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anybody else hear Peter Lovenkrants say pre-match on Sportsound that he thought Rangers would challenge Celtic for the title this year!

What a ****in idiot :roll:

Tom English didn't leave him short about what he thought their chances were. He reckoned 3rd or 4th at very best (between them and Hearts - but also mentioned Saints being in that mix)

At HT he went further and thought they would be lucky to finish top 6

Some interesting points in TE's report on the BBC website.

"Kilmarnock's XI contained four teenagers and three more were 21 or under. Six of their bench were also no older than 21".

"Barton was ineffective again, his main involvement being on the end of the terrible tackle that earned Killie teenager Taylor a red card just after the hour. The Englishman was anonymous. Wasteful in possession, passive as a defensive midfielder and a non-event going forward. Eventually he was replaced by Niko Kranjcar. He walked to the bench, shaking his head as he went".

"As Rangers pressed hard and their supporters periodically screamed what is euphemistically called their 'songbook' - 'The Billy Boys' and more were trotted out - Killie had to dig deep".

"Ultimately, they weren't good enough. Against 10 men - or kids in many cases - they did not have the creativity to get the job done".

So is this BBC (North) finally allowing truthfull reporting upon certain aspects of the Govan club? (rhetorical) After being told by the minister for justice to "sort it or we will" with regards to perceived inaccurate and biased reporting of all things Ibrox? Time will tell.

Edited by Indicator

I can't see Rangers being as bad as we might hope. I mean there struggling just now because of getting the combination right. To be fair, they have the quality to challenge the top 6 and even take the crown. Wait and see what happens on 10 september. I reckon that will be the benchmark for first half of the season. We better not right them off just now.

Edited by Muirton's Bairn
wrong writing

I can't see Rangers being as bad as we might hope. I mean there struggling just now because of getting the combination right. To be fair, they have the quality to challenge the top 6 and even take the crown. Wait and see what happens on 10 september. I reckon that will be the benchmark for first half of the season. We better not right them off just now.

Is that when they get the roofs on the 3 stands fixed?

Edited by Oldermoresensiblepack

Joeleon Lescott signs for AEK Athens after knocking back the rangers.

Thought he refused the move to be " closer to his family " ?

Does he have family in Athens? Does his family plan to move to Athens?

Or is it Just An Excuse?

Probably an excuse. Lets face it, would we want Tommy to sign an old croc like him. Naw, he probably did fail his medical.   Warbs was probably not wanting to ruin his further life playing fiba.

As for the roof at Ibrox, how would I know about that FFS.

Lescott probably thought he was on to a tidy pension top up but I suspect that the songs and bile probably weren't for him and thats why he quoted the "family reasons" get out.

Lets face it, would you want your children and closest subject to the nonsense and conspiracy theories that get bandied about in the street and playgrounds?

While the "atmosphere" at Mordor is well known to us, many English players are unaware of it. Scottish football gets a paragraph or two in most English papers and media which is why it is a shock for them.

The Old Firm may well be dead but that doesnt stop the bigotry hatred unpleasantness and general nastiness that surrounds this fixture and indeed any game involving either and both of the teams involved in this particular "Glasgow derby"

One other point the meedja forget (or choose to) is the high level of domestic violence that's likely to happen...no matter what the score. 

Here is a cracker from Paul Elliott - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37301666

"The Old Firm rivals have only met twice in cup competitions since financial problems led to Rangers playing four seasons in the lower divisions.

"Scotland suffered commercially, environmentally, socially because of that," Elliott told BBC Scotland's Sportsound ahead of Celtic and Rangers' first Scottish Premiership meeting of the season."

Edited by garydavidson