Saints V Queens Park Slc 4Th Round 25/9/12 K-O 7.45Pm

The ghost of Jim Morton

I cannot see a match thread for Tuesday nights 4th round league cup tie :shock: So I thought I better get one started. Hopefully Lomas does not piss about with the team selection and goes with our full strongest available starting 11 as I feel the continuity is very important. Queens park will be no mugs and unless we approach this in the correct manner we will join the long list of SPL casualties that are already out.

Main Stand only for this one and £15 a skull entrance .

Looking forward to it and expect a tough game but a healthy Saints win.

3-1.

COYS :razz:

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

Keep Vine in? Or give MacLean a proper run out with Vine facing a suspension?

if he was sent off for voiolent conduct he will be out of the game suspended. Ref is going to review it though and decide if it was a correct decision.

Wonder if he will play a few of the players that have been on the sidelines. Scobie, Tuftey, Beattie, Moon. Would be a good opportunity to give them a run

if he was sent off for voiolent conduct he will be out of the game suspended. Ref is going to review it though and decide if it was a correct decision.

Wonder if he will play a few of the players that have been on the sidelines. Scobie, Tuftey, Beattie, Moon. Would be a good opportunity to give them a run

No no no... The best teams are the ones that play together continually. Having seen Beattie in the last under 20's game getting 45 minutes, I would say he is a couple of weeks away from being near first team fitness. Tuffey, in the same reseve game looked very shakey. Scobie on the bench and get a run out towards the end if the games in the bag and the same with moon.

full strength team. No messing about and get into the draw for the quarters..

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

Re Vine - is it automatic for the cup-tie or just for League games ?

I watched Queens Park on Saturday and they are a well organised side with no obvious weaknesses throughout the side. If Saints don't take this seriously then we could be on the end of yet another embarrassing headline.

I guess it all comes down to how seriously Lomas takes this competition.

Edited by Moray Blue

I watched Queens Park on Saturday and they are a well organised side with no obvious weaknesses throughout the side. If Saints don't take this seriously then we could be on the end of yet another embarrassing headline.

Won't pretend I know much about Queen's Park but I think we need to be right on top of our game for this one. We had an excellent record against lower league sides under McInnes and the key to that was the respect shown to these sides and the level of preparation, something I hope Lomas has inherited from the former manager. I don't think we're good enough to expect to be able to either rest players or have the attitude that we just need to turn up to win these games. Perfect evidence of that can be seen in the league Queen's Park play in.

They are top of their league, pushed Thistle as close as anyone has this season and have already beaten Airdrie and Dundee in this competition. They've got a lot of young guys in their squad who will be eager to make a name for themselves and they'll have a confidence about them. From what I do know of their side, Robertson the left back is only eighteen and only made his debut at the start of the season but is already getting great reviews and the front four look really dangerous. Quinn will battle hard against the centre backs and Longworth is prolific, something like forty goals in eighty games for them. Interested to see the lad Shankland too, who is a Scottish U18 international and is averaging better than a goal a game this season. Even if he doesn't start, he could be a real danger off the bench. He rattled one in from about thirty yards against Thistle I think.

Didn't think our attitude was great against Brechin back in January and if it's not right tomorrow night, I think they'll knock us out. If Lomas doesn't show them the respect of playing our strongest side and we lose the game, that'll be a bigger disappointment for me than any of the results or performances that have gone before.

If Lomas doesn't show them the respect of playing our strongest side and we lose the game, that'll be a bigger disappointment for me than any of the results or performances that have gone before.

But still nowhere near as bad as our last two Hampden efforts in each of the cup competitions :laugh:

To be fair, here in Inveralmond (I'm home for a bit) the rain doesn't actually seem to be touching the ground. I all seems to be going sideways past the window at the moment. :wink:

I have a limited window in which I must see as many Saints games as possible so I hope they don't cancel!

The same. It's nearly as bad as the conditions for that aberdeen game.

No it isn't. For a start the temperature is 10 degrees higher than it was that night. I still shiver when I remember how cold I was, pathetically trying to tuck in beside a steel girder at the back of the East Stand!

Also, the weather in eastern parts is meant to improve as the day goes on.

It'll be fine.

No it isn't. For a start the temperature is 10 degrees higher than it was that night. I still shiver when I remember how cold I was, pathetically trying to tuck in beside a steel girder at the back of the East Stand!

Also, the weather in eastern parts is meant to improve as the day goes on.

It'll be fine.

Yeah weather forecast is for it to improve slightly this evening. Still not going to be a very nice night.