Dundee Fc

andy rhodes fancy watch

I reckon that with an annual budget of £10m and a one-off transfer pot of £25m, any team in Scotland could finish second in the league and go into Europe.

----------------------

2nd? even i could win the spl with  25million to spend on players but even then thats diddly squat for europe

Sugar daddy is the only hope for some of those clubs named.

Here we go again Chunder;)

This is exactly the thinking that has ruined Scottish football. How many clubs have thought a few million will get us into Europe and we can sell on the player is we phuc up? Rangers, Hearts, Livingstone, Dundee, Gretna, Dunfermline, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Dundee Utd, Killie......all speculated to to accumulate two no longer exist, four others sneaked through The scam of admin by the skin of their teeth, everyone else now servicing debt mountains. Millions of investment = millions of debt. How about living within your means? developing players and tactics that will win games? That's how Scottish football operated up till the 90's.......remember the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's.......when Scottish football had manageable debts and competed at the highest level? European trophies and semis for Hibs rangers, Dundee, Celtic, Dundee Utd, Dunfermline, Aberdeen. Chasing pound notes has been a disaster for Scottish clubs.

Sugar daddy is the only hope for some of those clubs named.

Lots of clubs function without sugar daddies, it depends on stocks of patience, sense and skill. Fans have a lot to answer for, some of the stuff the Funsters were spouting last week beggars belief after their history. Apparently the fans on the board asked for a medium term business plan and the good ole boys rode out of town in the huff.... I would have thought that is the very least the fans on the board should have done in the circumstances. Still they are back now for a good ole jobby polish in a Texan stylee! yee ha!

Be good to see Dundee agree to this deal, sign some more South American crack whores and crash and burn into the abyss of permanent liquidation.  In my opinion, any club whose fans think that jumping on the sugar-daddy bandwagon is the key to success deserve everything they get.   It's one thing when a board of corrupt and criminal businessmen are responsible for such decisions, like The Rangers, but for a club where fans make up part of the boardroom, I have absolutely no sympathy.

Nothing that comes out of DFC surprizes me anymore...Bomber on Douglas is just silly they really should move on....but im hearing also that the Texans are pulling out ..AGAIN...the circus continues at an amazing pace.

If only more people in Dundee pulled out more regularly they would cease to have the highest teenage preganancy rate in the world!!

======

Mr Browns alleged comments could make Rab

Douglas unemployable .

Quite sure this could end up in court.

However, there is always 2 sides to every story .

It will be interesting to see which way this goes.

======

Mr Browns alleged comments could make Rab

Douglas unemployable .

Quite sure this could end up in court.

However, there is always 2 sides to every story .

It will be interesting to see which way this goes.

You could say some of Douglas's own performances this season did that. :eek:

You can also say the Brown's own rant at the Moon on the steps of castle bigot last summer should have made him unemployable but Dundee were mad enough to employ him.

Douglas, at 41 years old, is way past his best.

However, publically tainting his employability (if that's a word) as possibly a goalkeeping coach at a half decent club is out of order.

He was a weak link in a good Celtic team that were narrowly beaten in a UEFA cup final though.

• 2 weeks later...