January Signings

RandomGuy

I am sure the question will be asked at the meet the manager night at Barossa St tomorrow.

I cant see us signing anyone unless it is on a loan basis for perhaps a younger English Premiership player needing experience. I hope I am wrong but realistically money is tight and we have cover in most places. No one woukld have forseen tomorrows suspensions all kicking in at once but you cant run a huge squad just to cater for one off situations.

The squad is doing well as it is, just need a few more goals from the strikers, nothing new there.

Any rumours yet?

I've been thinking about it and would like us to try and sell, release or loan out Beattie and Moon for certain. Ideally we'd loan out Caddis as he's not going to get any game time here either.

We'll have Stevie May back in January? Which means we'll be ok for strikers so we're really only looking short in the Central Midfield area and on the wings. And I'd much rather we try and find a winger on loan or out of contract especially as Pawlett will probably be offski! Much chance we'll have another look at Keammar Daley as he's seemingly available on a free

Wotherspoon at Hibs is planning to leave them in the new year as they are offering him less, in his new contract, as a Saints fan I'm sure we could temp him back.Hibs use a low basic but high bonus payment system.

Would be a cracking signing I reckon. Although I'm sure clubs down South would be casting an eye over him

Peter Pawlett is keen on a stay till the end of the season. Hopefully that can get sorted out asap, not convinced that Aberdeen wont want him back though given that the other young lad seems keen to leave them.

It seems fairly certain that Murray Davidson will be off now though. It would be a terrible decision on his part to go to Sevco.

Peter Pawlett is keen on a stay till the end of the season. Hopefully that can get sorted out asap, not convinced that Aberdeen wont want him back though given that the other young lad seems keen to leave them.

It seems fairly certain that Murray Davidson will be off now though. It would be a terrible decision on his part to go to Sevco.

Why is it certain?

Why is it certain?

Because he's far too good to spend another two years playing for us. He should be playing in The Championship, at least, next season. Everything folk used to find fault with in him is gone (credit to Lomas?) and he's now a complete midfielder, who can pass the ball and score goals, as well as all the attributes we've always known he's had. I can't believe (Rangers fan or not) he will sign away the next two years of his career in the SFL, the logical step is to a club down south. Will wish him luck when he goes too. I'd be delighted if he signs for us again but would question his ambition if he did.

As for Liam Craig, he's playing at about his level I think. Unlike Davidson, he isn't good enough to play in the top leagues down south and will never be more than a decent/good SPL player. He may well feel that he should make as much money as he can in a short career and if Hibernian offer him a better contract than us, I wouldn't be surprised if he takes it. He'd be a big loss to Saints but doesn't merit the same sort of offer that guys like Sandaza and Davidson have had from the club previously. If he does sign a pre-contract agreeement, hopefully Hibs offer us a few quid in January and we can make some money. I'd probably sell Davidson too if the offer was decent as we need to start addressing the losses we are incurring.

Why is it certain?

Because Saints had a good year last year and could potentially have another good year this year. So he is the driving force of a team that is doing well. His profile is high just now, especially with just being capped. He is at a great age for a club to take a punt on and will not require a transfer fee. He has all the attributes that many teams will be looking for and is now becoming a regular goal threat as well.

And if he really saw a future in Perth he would have signed already and be living here.

I wonder if the club might try to entice him to sign by offering him a share of any transfer fee. Lets face it, assuming he signed the two year deal and an English side offered say £300k the club would probably take it...maybe giving him a share of that.

Realistically, a figure of that level is not going to put off the English championship sides.

I don't think any signings are needed unless players leave (and I doubt we could add anyone to the budget anyway).

If Murray or Craig do leave, then I think we need to be looking to Hearts for replacements as they will be dying to offload anyone they can. Driver or Stevenson would be good replacements for Craig, for example, and Taouil for Murray.

Lets get real here, we need to reduce our wage bill and use our youngsters more. Otherwise we will simply burn our way through the cash we have.

If the likes of Adams, Beattie and Moon are not in the managers plans we need to move them on. Like it or not we CAN'T afford the squad we have.

Time to use the likes of Caddis and May more and live within our means.