Richard Brittain

john1962

What happens about RB's wages? RC will no doubt pay him, but since Saints have him on a PCA then surely we are duty bound to pay him or at least include him in the payroll. Will we pay him his salary minus any fines he will incur for not turning up for training/games? Also since we won't have his p45 he will have to go on emergency tax. How will this affect his wages at RC? Will it leave him with next to nothing at the end of the month (I hope so)?

Hopefully lots of problems with the taxman for RB. :)

--------------------

I don't know the ins and outs of contract law but common sense tells me he will be in breach of our contract by not turning up for training. We then "suspend him" without pay while the "dispute" over his "failure to attend work" is resolved. Ross County will be liable to pay him because he will turn up for work with them and will not be in breach of their contract. He will not be able to play for them though. So what have they achieved by getting involved?

If PCA's had no legal clout to them, this matter would not still be rolling on. This kind of incident probably would have happened years ago and they would not even be used in the modern game. So the people saying "PCA's are not worth the paper they are written on" must be mistaken. Knowing that a member of our board at Saints is an expert in this field also gives weight to the belief that this is water tight.

I suspect things will move on a step when he fails to attend training on Thursday. I'm guessing we can't do anything about it until the agreement between player and club actually takes effect. I'm sure Saints will have sound legal advice around this issue otherwise they would not still be insisting the player adheres to an agreement that is, essentially, "not worth the paper it is written on".

In a way I actually feel sorry for RB. He has placed his trust in a third party to help him out but what have they achieved here? If he's shut out of football, it's because Ross County got involved in something that had nothing to do with them. This was their initial line? What changed? We would have helped him relocate. We would have paid his wages on time. He would have been welcomed by the fans and Perth is a wonderful place to live. I can appreciate the sacrifice he and his wife would have been making to move here and I can understand her reluctance but now what has he got? Fellow professionals slagging him on twitter (because even they know you just don't do what he's done) and Ross County willing to sell him to the highest bidder.

It's just a sorry mess and I'm sorry we have to be involved in it.

I do feel a wee bit sorry for RB he has obviously been very badly advised throughout this whole situation, but he has made his bed he must lie on it (if he is staying in Dungwall obviously with his sister :laugh:). The one thing that worries me about this whole situation is the SFA (numpties extrordinaire!!!!) may have the last say on it.

I'm hearing we may not have as water tight a case as we all think and that it's the way the SPL handles PCAs that may have left us up shite creek.

I don't think we are watertight at all and think we will lose but then I would suspect we must have a case for taking the SPL to court.

==============

Mental telepathy or what

Said this to " the mad referee" just before your post.

Scary.

----------------------------------------------------------

But then within all this tit-for-tat there would have been some substance from the RC side to echo this. They have, at the earliest opportunity, told the press RB doesnt want to move, told the press they have given him a contract and told the press they have registered him with the SFA. Should they know, or have known, that there is a chance our Pre-Contract isn't watertight they would have made this public knowledge to add a weapon to their arsenal. (They will no doubt have seen a copy of his PCA)

Saints said at the earliest opportunity that the PCA is watertight and I have no reason to doubt that.

Edited by The Inspiration

----------------------------------------------------------

But then within all this tit-for-tat there would have been some substance from the RC side to echo this. They have, at the earliest opportunity, told the press RB doesnt want to move, told the press they have given him a contract and told the press they have registered him with the SFA. Should they know, or have known, that there is a chance our Pre-Contract isn't watertight they would have made this public knowledge to add a weapon to their arsenal. (They will no doubt have seen a copy of his PCA)

Saints said at the earliest opportunity that the PCA is watertight and I have no reason to doubt that.

=================================

For the love of Saints, I hope to hell your right.