Save The Pars!

Save the Pars

Dear fellow fan

Dunfermline Athletic Football Club is at a crucial time in it's history. Having entered Interim Administration, the club is on its knees, and needs the backing from its fans to stay alive. However, this will not be enough, and the club has been forced to appeal to the wider community for help. As fellow football fans, hopefully you will appreciate the severity of the situation, and i have no doubt that if your club was in financial peril then many pars fans would be happy to help. I am writing this to ask for help. Financial help, be it a donation or attendance at one of our final 3 home games of the season. I fear that if we do not get enough help then the club may die, and the town will lose a massive part of its identity. If you do not live locally, or are unable to attend, you can donate via the pars website. The link is below

http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20130329/donate-to-the-pars_2207955_3126143

Thank you, and if you would like any further information or have any queries, you can e-mail me at kyle0505@live.co.uk

It just isn't the same though. 128 years of history would be wiped out, and it would leave a sour taste in the mouth of our creditors.

=============

No you get to keep your name & any silverware you may have won.

Save you money for when you are in the 3rd division.

It just isn't the same though. 128 years of history would be wiped out, and it would leave a sour taste in the mouth of our creditors.

That is the 1 sentiment missing from the fiasco's known as Rangers, Dundee & Gretna. 

For showing humility and concern for you creditors I really wish you every success in your fund raising.

Dear fellow fan

Dunfermline Athletic Football Club is at a crucial time in it's history. Having entered Interim Administration, the club is on its knees, and needs the backing from its fans to stay alive. However, this will not be enough, and the club has been forced to appeal to the wider community for help. As fellow football fans, hopefully you will appreciate the severity of the situation, and i have no doubt that if your club was in financial peril then many pars fans would be happy to help. I am writing this to ask for help. Financial help, be it a donation or attendance at one of our final 3 home games of the season. I fear that if we do not get enough help then the club may die, and the town will lose a massive part of its identity. If you do not live locally, or are unable to attend, you can donate via the pars website. The link is below

http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20130329/donate-to-the-pars_2207955_3126143

Thank you, and if you would like any further information or have any queries, you can e-mail me at [email removed]

============================================================================================================================================

I would recommend that you or a mod edit that post and remove your e-mail or you will be soon be receiving some strange e-mails, from strange people wanting to sell you strange stuff (see here: http://ask-leo.com/why_shouldnt_i_post_my_email_address_in_a_public_forum.html).

Good luck with your campaign, hopefully whoever is in charge after this sorry mess is over will take better care of the Pars.

Edited by mike_gain

I don't want to see any club with history and tradtion disappear SS.

But rules is rules and I've no truck wi cheating of any kind. No payin the VATMAN, he's relentless like and has nae soul at all, it's inevitable he'll chase ye out of business if ye dinnae pay.

Ailing clubs should look to their own support / wealthy backers / local farmers etc rather than put the beggin bowl oot tae others in my opinion.

i might come tae one of yer matches .whats yer next fixtures dude and will there be any aggro?

Our next fixture is on saturday at home to hamilton, we actually had st.johnstone fans at the last game wearing st.johnstone hats and treated very well, no-one complained as they realised it was one fan of a club doing a good deed for another club. Don't know if you would be allowed to wear your st.johnstone top if you have one, if you would like to i could e-mail the club and see their response? 

Cheers

I went along today, not a bad game, good atmosphere pre game until Hamilton scored after 1 minute. :?

End to end game, good value for money and the closest I've ever come to wining the 50/50 draw but then I would not have wanted to take the money.

The offer from Cowdenbeath to clear the Dunfermline debt to them is good and clever. In summary Cowdenbeath play Livingston on Tuesday, there is a turnstile for Dunfermline fans are any payments at this turnstile get knocked off the Dunfermline debt. Pay it off in full and then any extra funds go to Pars United. Cowedenbeath get their cash, catering money etc and the Pars fans get to see a game.

While i admire the original posters idea, and i assume he has posted the same on other clubs forums, charity begins at home. Our club has been run prudently over the years while others have lived beyond their means to the detriment of ourselves at times.

If we all chuck a few quid in the Pars hat to keep them going, they wipe the debt by going into administration, come back leaner and stronger, is that fair ???? no it isnt.

I dont want to see any club go to the wall in all honesty, but, dont sign players you cant afford, and pay the bills !!!

It is easy to take the high moral ground when you are a well run team like Saints. It is hard to disagree with a lot of what has been written but I can't help but feel sorry for the fans and the town. I suspect that unlike Rangers the majority of their fans are actually from Dunfermline, and contribute to the club & community. Yet again the fans at the mercy of an inept chairman. There but for the grace etc!

I went along today, not a bad game, good atmosphere pre game until Hamilton scored after 1 minute. :?

End to end game, good value for money and the closest I've ever come to wining the 50/50 draw but then I would not have wanted to take the money. Don't tell me the 50/50 draw winner was in the Norrie McCathie stand!? I used to buy one every time we were down until I finally twigged it was doubtful whether the away stand 50/50 draw tickets were even in the draw! Haha consider your contribution as a £ towards their survival!?

The offer from Cowdenbeath to clear the Dunfermline debt to them is good and clever. In summary Cowdenbeath play Livingston on Tuesday, there is a turnstile for Dunfermline fans are any payments at this turnstile get knocked off the Dunfermline debt. Pay it off in full and then any extra funds go to Pars United. Cowedenbeath get their cash, catering money etc and the Pars fans get to see a game.

It is easy to take the high moral ground when you are a well run team like Saints. It is hard to disagree with a lot of what has been written but I can't help but feel sorry for the fans and the town. I suspect that unlike Rangers the majority of their fans are actually from Dunfermline, and contribute to the club & community. Yet again the fans at the mercy of an inept chairman. There but for the grace etc!

In the past I would have agreed with this statement; however, in the grand days of t'internet, fans have a fair idea how their club is being run.

If Saints were paying over the odds for players, we would know soon enough, that we were living outwith our means.  That makes it a bit more difficult to sympathise with the Pars fans.

If Geoff had run up huge debts in our name, I wouldn't expect much sympathy from fellow diddies.

In saying that though, I don't know what action fans can really take, when their club appears to be heading for financial meltdown.  I guess if it ever looks bleak for us, we must protest loudly, long before the s**t hits the fan (no pun intended :wink: ).